Education Visa

Hi

Hoping someone can help me a bit. I am plaining to move to Thailand in the next 6 months with my boyfriend. We have been together for 5 years but undersdtand that this means nothing in Thailand visa laungage. Willing to except this, not a problem! So i thought my best option would be an education visa but i've been looking throught the recent postings and am getting a little if not a lot worried about my move.

I'm dyslexic and feel that learning could be a difficulty but thought i'd talk it slow and learn the Thai language. nothing academic. But i've read that the education visa is no longer given for learning the Thai lanugage. Is this so? I want to do things proparly and as the tourist visa clamp down is happening i dont want to get court out.

I have no leaving date from the UK yet but fingers crossed it will be before June next year.

My other half is working in Sattahip and we will be living somewhere between there and Pattaya.

Now only in Bangkok. Perhaps in the future but not sure. I don't know any local schools that provide ED visas in Pattaya, maybe there are some, you need to ask. We have quite a few students from Pattaya at our school so perhaps there are not that many schools there that will provide all the paperwork etc.

Walen School, Mac

It is given for sure, we have students everyday and nobody was refused ED visa based on learing Thai. If you think that learnig Thai will be hard for you please come for a free demonstration to our school.

Walen School, Mac

Good one, mac!!

Thats good - is it not that fare then?? My other half travels to Bangkok every know and then but he does it by car/van thing.

These amy seem daft and odd questions but i'm trying to stop myself panicing and its the little things that really scare me!

There are two separate Bus routes from Pattaya to Bangkok.

One goes to Morchit in the North of Bangkok

The other goes to Ekkamai in East Bangkok.

It will be better to go to Ekkamai where you can easily

get on the Sky Train

Walen School is near Asok Sky Train Station.

But I dont know how long the Journey from Pattaya will take

I hope others will add that Info for you.

Bill

From Pattaya it takes between 2.5 - 3 hours by bus to Ekkamai. From Ekkamai by BTS to Asok only 10 min.

Mac

Militza

Be aware that the journey from Bangkok to Pattaya on Friday evening can be considerably longer (weekend visitors to Pattaya) Anyway, it means that for 4 hours in the classroom, you will need to sit on a bus for maybe 6 hours total every Friday plus your travel time to/from the bus stations at both ends. Just a thought!

Edited by VBF

Non "O" is just as easy to get as the "ED" visa (in the UK)

but with the non "O" you have to do boarder runs every 90 days, but this is not required with the ED visa, plus with the Ed visa you have the chance to learn thai, which is going to help if you're planning on living here for a while.

I was 24 years old when I got my "Non O multi entry" visa from the UK, its easy, just fill out a form and of course pay the visa fee, no proof of money or anything else was required. I've now been living here a year and have decided to move on to the ED visa, and i'll be studying at the macwalen school :D They're very helpful and did all the paper work for me :o

Thank you for your help. I wanna get the Ed visa so i get a chance to meet other people and learn Thai. I cant think of anything worse then ditting in a house all day or shopping. Not that kind of girl i'm afriad! It's a big enough step for me not to be working!

Will have to start thinking and seeing what around. I prob get an non-o visa thing or just a plain 3 month toursit one. Then see whats in Pattaya and what my options are. I dont want to jump in with then non-o thing and then regreat it.

On a different note -when are the elections being held? My boyf is useless at remebering and thinks it might be Dec or Jan. Any ideas??

but with the non "O" you have to do boarder runs every 90 days, but this is not required with the ED visa, plus with the Ed visa you have the chance to learn thai, which is going to help if you're planning on living here for a while.

I was 24 years old when I got my "Non O multi entry" visa from the UK, its easy, just fill out a form and of course pay the visa fee, no proof of money or anything else was required. I've now been living here a year and have decided to move on to the ED visa, and i'll be studying at the macwalen school :D They're very helpful and did all the paper work for me :o

The above information is not technically correct. You are required to exit Thailand every 90 days on either type of visa. Only if you obtain an extension of stay from Immigration can you avoid that. In the case of attending school you will be able to extend - but in the case of Thai study only for 90 day periods so instead of making a border run for 1,900 baht you will pay immigration 1,900 baht every 90 days.

For Militza: election is December 23rd with the 24th now a public holiday.

The above information is not technically correct. You are required to exit Thailand every 90 days on either type of visa. Only if you obtain an extension of stay from Immigration can you avoid that. In the case of attending school you will be able to extend - but in the case of Thai study only for 90 day periods so instead of making a border run for 1,900 baht you will pay immigration 1,900 baht every 90 days.

For Militza: election is December 23rd with the 24th now a public holiday.

Yes, you're right. (and I know this) with the Ed visa you have to extend every 90 days at immigration for 1,900 baht, so you don't have to travel to any border. Sorry I didn't go into more detail on my previous post.

Thank you for your help. I wanna get the Ed visa so i get a chance to meet other people and learn Thai. I cant think of anything worse then ditting in a house all day or shopping. Not that kind of girl i'm afriad! It's a big enough step for me not to be working!

You don't need an ED visa to learn Thai, there's plenty of language schools around Pattaya that have class teaching or one on one.