Optometrists In Pattaya

Jingthing

I would like a professional exam with a really professional optometrist. Not a "computer test" at an eye glasses shop. I noticed that Pattaya International Hospital advertises that they have two on staff. Can someone recommend one of them or another specific eye doc around town?

On the subject, I have only needed reading glasses up till now, but I am sure now I will require glasses for wearing all around (and also reading glasses). I know there are different technical options now to deal with this; which do you think is the best (other than contact lenses and surgery)?

I got my current glasses from the "Beautiful" optical store across the street from the Jomtien Complex condos and was impressed with the exam. I don't know his title, but after the shop sales guy did the quick computer test, this other guy took me to an examination room where they project images on the far wall, use that big contraption in front of your face and ask "is this way better, or this?" His prescription correctly compensated for my astigmatism.

I also had a discussion with him, in English, about continuing my practice of using one lens corrected for near vision and the other lens corrected for far vision, and he understood completely. Have you tried this? It's not for everybody, I understand. Some people experience vertigo and/or headaches, but it works for me. I discovered it on my own accidently once when I was travelling with my contact lenses, and one of them tore and I had forgotten to pack a spare. I realized I could see both near and far with just one lens. At that time I was nearsighted and didn't need reading glasses. Nowadays I need minor correction to see close, so one lens has that correction and the other one is for distance viewing. These days, I rarely wear the contacts, just old-fashioned eyeglasses.

Granted, there was no glaucoma test, but it was more than just the "computer test."

Thanks wp, I have never heard about that option. I think it is prudent to get screened for eye diseases by a professional. I think I read once a year is recommended for older people to find serious conditions early enough to be treated. I don't want to say how long it has been since I have had a pro eye exam.

Edited by Jingthing