Getting A Visa In Liverpool?

hi guys , i am going home for christmas after being here for 6 months ,and i need to renew my tourist visa before i come back in jan,i am from belfast and will be flying to manchester then on to belfast .my nearest embassy is in dublin and they only accept postal apps and with it being christmas i dont want to take a chance on not getting my passport back in time for my return flight on the 8th jan .so i was looking at going back a few days earlier to manchester and doing my visa in liverpool or birmingham , i know some will suggest hull ,but i have ruled that out as they have relocated and from reading posts a little difficult to get to , so i was wanting to know if i can go to liverpool or birmingham and do a same day app , as i can fly direct to either ,also some info on the easiest to get to from airport . thanks for any help in this matter

I got a visa from Liverpool a few years ago, on the website they said that they only accepted postal applications so I e-mailled Sue and asked here could she accept a personal application. She e-mailled me back and said as soon as you are in England, call me to arrange an appointment. I made the appointment for 11am, arrived at 10:30, Sue took my papers and told me that it would take about one hour. Mrs Hippo noticed that was a Subway opposite and said that to me 'Should we go in there for a coffee?" About 20 minutes later, Sue was at the doorway of the jewellers (where the consulate is located) and waved my passport about 20 minutes later - so yes, it can be done the same day!

Getting from LPL to the consulate - bus service to Lime Street and either a short walk of taxi ride, Alternatively, bus to Hunts Cross Station the train to Lime Street station. Alternate way from Lime Street would be the underground to James street and a short walk.

I wouldn't recomend Liverpool smokie. I got messed around a bit there about a month and a half back. I called them before I went and was told that I would be seen by someone to sort out my visa on the day. However, on arrival I was refused entry and told appointments only and only if it is an emergency. There is actually a sign on the door saying all applications should be made by post except emergency cases. I called them again when I got home and the lady I spoke to said the guy on the front desk should have let me in which was not much consolation at the time. She also told me to submit my application by post as I was spending two weeks in the UK. I might just have been unlucky but it still p1ssed me off. If you do try Liverpool make sure you call and make an oppointment first or you will have a wasted trip.

Best of luck.

Cap.

OK January has 31 days so depending on your return? I use the consulate in Hull, and OK the mailing was done fron Yorkshire using the Post office recorded delivery 2 ways. My passport was out of my hands for about 48hours. So if your return is the back end of the month try there. Or at least give them a call.

If you decide to go to Liverpool, you can get the 500 express bus from the airport to the city centre. Alternatively, bus to Hunts Cross and the train to Central station from where the consulate is a two-three minute walk.

You could also pop in to the Lamb and Flag and Coopers for a pint.

Scouse.

I have thought of the same thing, but will the Thai consulate in Dublin accept applications from Northern Ireland, or will they refer us to the mainland consulates?

as far as i know they will do for people from the north as in there web site they state that people from the north must include an extra 5 euros for postage and you must send payment in euros

If you decide to go to Liverpool, you can get the 500 express bus from the airport to the city centre. Alternatively, bus to Hunts Cross and the train to Central station from where the consulate is a two-three minute walk.

You could also pop in to the Lamb and Flag and Coopers for a pint.

Scouse.

thanks scouse thats good to know ,any decent and cheap hotels nearby the consulate?