Most Successful Thread(s) You Have Originated As The Op

cm-happy

What are, were the most successful threads you have originated as the OP. Successful in the sense of meaning most replies, most divisive. Mine have been

Sin sot for gays

Bible thumpers/proselytizers special visa or voa

capital punishment pro or con

none. this one should die off soon. I've generally found if I add a post, it finishes soon after.

so no tips for the 3 oclock at doncaster then :o

Hmm - not much point. If there was only one horse running & I put a bet on it, it would either lose or break a leg.

I once asked a question about purchasing land from a bank - A TV member (who is now banded :o ) replied with details on the procedure and later gave first hand advice and help dealing with the transfer.

Save my wife and I a wad of money and we made friends with a great couple into the Bargain.

So that was my most sucessful post.

all my best posts were deleted not long after they were posted.

as i have little interest in the connotations of the word farang and do not consider the majority of thais idiots my posts raely get far

I think any post where you get an accurate answer is a good result. Despite her faults, TV rarely fails to deliver.

As for posters searching for that 100+ response "holy grail" post, it seems to me they end up cluttering the forum with a whole load of codswallop along the way. :o

I think any post where you get an accurate answer is a good result. Despite her faults, TV rarely fails to deliver.

As for posters searching for that 100+ response "holy grail" post, it seems to me they end up cluttering the forum with a whole load of codswallop along the way. :D

:o

As for posters searching for that 100+ response "holy grail" post, it seems to me they end up cluttering the forum with a whole load of codswallop along the way. :D

I agree.

I'm still waiting for jingthing to start a 'new' thread: "How many farangs carry their passports, and why?". :D That's gotta be 200+ yawn.gif

I agree.

I'm still waiting for jingthing to start a 'new' thread: "How many farangs carry their passports, and why?". :D That's gotta be 200+ yawn.gif

How about another thread how the baht buses are ******* everyone over! They usualkly go for over three hundred in 48 hrs. :D

or

About retired guys starting a second life with a TW half their age, but living inside a national park with double pricing with an annoying neighbour who is also an off duty policeman & loan shark demanding monthly security fees for keeping the noisy soi dogs at bay after getting ripped off for spicy somtum full of balah. Good for five hundred me thinks. :D

cm-happy, I doubt that this thread will be an all time winner for you, but it's interesting. Also, you asked it as a question, and you phrased your title in a way that leads posters to read it.

I checked and found I hardly ever start posts in the gay forum, but I do much more in the teaching forum (probably too much). I got lucky and started one on police checks, getting 215 replies and 8,754 views.

If you try to make it too provocative, it may get closed earlier. You can't do searches for missing persons (forum rule).

It depends on the forum or subforum, of course. Photography, Hua Hin/Cha-Am, etc. - not enough viewers or posters on some forums. General Topics probably gets the most viewers as a forum, but topics get sent to more appropriate forums sometimes.

This is a good topic in itself, but in the spirit of helping the ThaiVisa community, it helps to have good opening posts, and it also helps to make comments that further the discussion. I'll try to do that now by asking more questions:

What tone of opening post inspires you to give a positive response? Any troll or disgruntled expat can make a negative response, but what will keep the conversation going in an enjoyable way, without inciting insults?