Terrible Smell On Sukhumvit Last Night

tuffy

Last night on out way out of Pattaya we encountered the queen of all rotten smells. It lasted for about 5 km past Pattaya south road going south on Sukhumvit around 8pm last night. Anyone else experience this. Not only was it unbearable but it covered such a wide area. Anyone know what it was? My guess was a busted sewer main......

And I fully expected the peanut section to offer their estemed opinion .....but in all honesty it was amazing the stench and the extent of the area it covered, I am surprised no one else had the fortune of sampling the aroma which we did as we left last night....

Last night on out way out of Pattaya we encountered the queen of all rotten smells. It lasted for about 5 km past Pattaya south road going south on Sukhumvit around 8pm last night. Anyone else experience this. Not only was it unbearable but it covered such a wide area. Anyone know what it was? My guess was a busted sewer main......

sorry about that but i went for an early curry last night and had to leave the windows open for a few km on sukhumvit rd on way home......il post an early warning and let you know when im having a curry again. :o

sorry about that but i went for an early curry last night and had to leave the windows open for a few km on sukhumvit rd on way home......il post an early warning and let you know when im having a curry again. :D

Thank you..not just from me but everyone in you blast zone as well! :o

sorry about that but i went for an early curry last night and had to leave the windows open for a few km on sukhumvit rd on way home......il post an early warning and let you know when im having a curry again. :D

i really should see a doctor about it......at least you were driving away from blast zone.....think about the pedestrians lkeft in its wake.

just a thought,you werent behind same car most of the way as ive been behind a few cars before that chug out some rank smells straight into my air con!!! just a thought.....maybe was your mrs not owning up!!! :D

i really should see a doctor about it......at least you were driving away from blast zone.....think about the pedestrians lkeft in its wake.

just a thought,you werent behind same car most of the way as ive been behind a few cars before that chug out some rank smells straight into my air con!!! just a thought.....maybe was your mrs not owning up!!! :D

It was the other way around, she was blaming me!! But it was a nice night so i had the window down ....it was definitely coming from outside!

Maybe it was something INSIDE your car... one time I was on a bus from Mexico City to Taxco, and there was an awful stench... couldn't locate it... About 1/2 way there, most of the bus emptied out, but I toughed it out... then at some point, the bus did a quick acceleration, on a turn, and this plastic bag slid back on the floor, towards where I was sitting... someone had disposed of a sanitary napkin, then i guess they got off the bus, and just left it as a present for the rest of us. I had a napking with me, and i used it to grab the sanitary napkin in the bag, and I tossed it out the window. I felt bad about littering, cause I'm totally against that, but under the circumstances, I think I was within reason. The rest of the bus was without incident, for the most part.

Maybe you had something similar in your car, like a used sanitary napkin in a bag.... i don't know, i'm just guessing, cause the other suggestions didn't seem reasonable to me. I would suggest you look under your car seats. I hope this helps.

Maybe it was something INSIDE your car... one time I was on a bus from Mexico City to Taxco, and there was an awful stench... couldn't locate it... About 1/2 way there, most of the bus emptied out, but I toughed it out... then at some point, the bus did a quick acceleration, on a turn, and this plastic bag slid back on the floor, towards where I was sitting... someone had disposed of a sanitary napkin, then i guess they got off the bus, and just left it as a present for the rest of us. I had a napking with me, and i used it to grab the sanitary napkin in the bag, and I tossed it out the window. I felt bad about littering, cause I'm totally against that, but under the circumstances, I think I was within reason. The rest of the bus was without incident, for the most part.

Maybe you had something similar in your car, like a used sanitary napkin in a bag.... i don't know, i'm just guessing, cause the other suggestions didn't seem reasonable to me. I would suggest you look under your car seats. I hope this helps.

:D hilarious...........................yeh this sounds more reasonable.maybe someone put it in his car as he got to sukhumvit and took it out 5km later.

plus he already said smell came when opened windows...........so maybe on the roof and blew off..its the only answer :D

sorry for my sarcasm,cant help it sometimes :o

:D hilarious...........................yeh this sounds more reasonable.maybe someone put it in his car as he got to sukhumvit and took it out 5km later.

plus he already said smell came when opened windows...........so maybe on the roof and blew off..its the only answer :D

sorry for my sarcasm,cant help it sometimes :o

:D

What day did you get back Weho? You weren't in the Big C area a few nights ago were you? Are you missings your used sanitary napkin collection by any chance? I think one blew off the roof of my car...

No, i wasn't at BIG C a few nights ago... not that I recall... i'm too afraid of their trolleys... and I don't have a used sanitary napkin collection yet, but it's something I admit I've considered starting. Is there an organization for collectors, with regular meetings and networking and stuff? If a group hasn't started, please PM me, and if there's enough interest, I pledge to start a group. We could have regular meetings somewhere, hopefully at no cost, and discuss trading, rarities, oddities, history, etc.

BTW, i'm listening to the new Celine Dion cd "Taking Chances", and it sucks pretty bad.

........We could have regular meetings somewhere, ........

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

maybe at Patrick's Belgian Restaurant ?

Very easy to find,nearly everybody knows the place.

Edited by luckyluke

I generally like Belgian food, except mussels... this reminds me of the time I was in Bruxelles, and a tour bus took us to the "Grand Place" (pronounced "plas")... I was sort of a punky teenager, and I asked the tour guide, "what's so grand about this "plas"? I had thought I had insulted him... and late that evening, we were both riding up the hotel elevator together, with no one else in it, and he said to me, "do you want to come to my room to relax a while"... I declined this enticing offer... but what do you think he meant?

and late that evening, we were both riding up the hotel elevator together, with no one else in it, and he said to me, "do you want to come to my room to relax a while"... I declined this enticing offer... but what do you think he meant?

Perhaps he wanted to smoke some bones with you

and late that evening, we were both riding up the hotel elevator together, with no one else in it, and he said to me, "do you want to come to my room to relax a while"... I declined this enticing offer... but what do you think he meant?

Perhaps he wanted to smoke some bones with you

Is that some kind of "double entendre"? Is that some kind of "blue humour"? I have to give him the benefit of any doubt, that he simply wanted to relax, after a long day of taking a bunch of spoilt teenagers to see places they had no interest in, maybe he just thought a nice way to end off the day would be to relax at the Sheraton Bruxelles with a teenager, one who had insulted him earlier in the day... I'm sure it was all very innocent.

Now getting back to the stench on Sukumvit... is it all gone now?

I generally like Belgian food, except mussels... this reminds me of the time I was in Bruxelles, and a tour bus took us to the "Grand Place" (pronounced "plas")... I was sort of a punky teenager, and I asked the tour guide, "what's so grand about this "plas"? I had thought I had insulted him... and late that evening, we were both riding up the hotel elevator together, with no one else in it, and he said to me, "do you want to come to my room to relax a while"... I declined this enticing offer... but what do you think he meant?

obviously he just wanted you to come to his room to relax......youd had a hard days sarcasm and he perhaps wanted you to relax your jaw a little,maybe pop something in it.while he massaged the back of your head.......the least you could have done was go inside......just to make your story more interesting,might have turned your whole life around,still visiting pattaya but maybe not going to the same bars you go to now :o

good luck with your new sanitary club.........im starting a new sarcasm club ,your more than welcome to be a guest speaker anytime,just dont moan if you get bombarded with stinky sanitary towels as there seems to have been a rare down pour of them recently on sukhumvit rd.

Maybe not a garbage truck but.....

A few years back I was driving home, pleasant evening and window open, when I started to encounter this putrid smell. Well it just got worse and worse until I could take it no more and shut the window. Then I came up on the source of the stench, a truck carrying wicker baskets full of rotten shell fish depositing a steady stream of dirty brownish water in it's wake. Once I got past it the air cleared but unfortunately once I parked up, at the Bar de Papillon :D , and got out I discovered the front of my truck was caked in a truly mind numbingly putrid scum. :o

relax your jaw a little,maybe pop something in it.while he massaged the back of your head

I think you're right... he probably just wanted to pop something like a breath mint in... and the next time I'm "doing the nasty", I'm going to try that massaging the back of the head, after I do a head-lice check of course. I do think I need some christmas boffo today.