Acknowledgement Of A Debt

Hi,

I was wondering if in Thailand an acknowledgement of debt must have a special phrasing or contain certain words to be legal?

For example in France, the amount must be written in letters, not in digits. Anything similar in Thailand?

Hi,

I was wondering if in Thailand an acknowledgement of debt must have a special phrasing or contain certain words to be legal?

For example in France, the amount must be written in letters, not in digits. Anything similar in Thailand?

You will need to elaborate a bit more as to what do you mean

Acknowledgment of debt as the law here in Thailand is not a clear cut regarding

Debt and if someone owes you money and you don’t have the correct documents to support the claim you will never see you money again,

Just because someone acknowledges a debt, doesn't mean they are going to pay it back.

If you are going to lend money to someone there is standard contract stationary available at most places like office works or your local stationary store etc which you just fill in the blanks & all the "legalise" is correct in the eyes of the law in Thailand.

Soundman.

Just because someone acknowledges a debt, doesn't mean they are going to pay it back.

I know.

If you are going to lend money to someone there is standard contract stationary available at most places like office works or your local stationary store etc which you just fill in the blanks & all the "legalise" is correct in the eyes of the law in Thailand.

Soundman.

That's what I needed to know, thank you.