Childrens Beds

Jared

I think its about time for the little man to have his own bed. Hes only 14months and had been in our bed since birth but I think if we keep his bed in our room or even next to our bed he should sleep in it. To make it even more appealing to him Ive been thinking about getting him little car or train bed. Ive been looking all over the internet and there are two options. One is to buy a premade one, normally made out of plastic, you can get them on Amazon or any of the big websites. The other option is to purchase some plans and try and make a wooden one myself.

I live in Korat and I know I cant get hold of on of the plastic types here but maybe I can in Bangkok. I think the cost of the bed, then the shipping and then the extra tax would cost a fortune. Has anyone noticed these type of car beds in any of the shopping centers in Bangkok?

Failing getting one of these Little Tike plastic ones I will get some plans off the internet and try and find a carpenter as I dont have the equiptment or skill to build one myself.

We have an SB Furniture store in Korat but they dont have any kids beds. We always stay next to MBK when we go to Bkk so I will have a look there and I guess I should try all of the other apartment stores. There must be a littletikes racing bed somewhere in Bkk, the hunt is on.

Also there is a kids furniture shop on Ratchada, I will look for a better location and post it, but it is on the left between Sutthisan and Thailand Culture centre and is only a small shop, so easy to miss. Has furniture and toys in the window and I have seen beds in there.

Also a kids shop up Sukhumvit, will require a walk to find it, but up somewhere opposite emporium.

I know I have seen what you are after before somewhere, I also recall being in one of these shops and looking through a catalogue of what is available and could be ordered and they had these types of beds.

I shall keep an eye out for it for you.

Ok the one on ratchada is between sutthisan and huay kwang, on the left, just before the underpass. If you get to the pig bbq restaurant you have gone to far.

It is a bit out of the way, I live not to far, may try to call in one day this week and see what they got. I saw a nice kids double bunk in the window last night, so they do have beds, see what else they have or can get.

Our situation is similar. We've also just moved into a condo, so took the opportunity to put the little lady into the second bedroom.

We saw baby style beds in MBK, Central Rama3, eg Index, Apina etc. In the end we bought a low lying double bed (adult's bed), tho'. The main reasons were:

- As it's low lying it's easy to get on and off

- My wife said our daughter could fall out of a usual single 3 foot, as she's a rough sleeper. I said it's normal in UK for children to have 3 foot, but she was still worried. Much less easy to fall off a big bed!

- If anyone comes to visit, eg my parents, family etc, it would be easy for them to use this double bed for a short while, and temporarily move our daughter

- my wife still sleeps with our daughter sometimes, so a bigger bed was useful anyway

The shop I mentioned on Ratchada does not have the racing bed, they used to a few years ago, but not now.

Another shop I pased on the weekend you can try, looks promising....try these numbers, I think one is wrong, but one should be correct, tried to get as passing in taxi.

Shop is on same side as Seacon square, about 800 meters before it on Srinakarin Rd...called 'small world' 027212921...022721490

Thanks MrSquigle, I went to Bkk at the weekend and managed to find one in the kids/toy section of Central Mall. I got him the large one which fits a twin matresse, didnt come cheap though. Even with the 20% discount it still cost just over 30,000 Baht and I still have to get him matresse, bed sheets etc. They are however delivering it to Korat for less than 1000Baht aswell. I just hope he will sleep in it now lol