Honda Jazz - Confused

chickencurry

Was thinking of buying a new Honda Jazz. Showrooms on bypass road and Phuket Town both say no cars available as there will be a new model coming out in 3 or 4 months time. So... how come I keep seeing new Honda Jazzes with red plates around Phuket? Anyone know where I can get a new one??

First of all, why would you even want the old model?? Seems like throwing money away to me, because when you sell it again you will get a lot more for the new model.

That you see a lot of cars with red plates is because many people who buy in the last months of the past year only get proper plates in the new year, making their car seem a year 'newer', thus adding to the resale value. And people just enjoy driving with red plates, period, because it shows off to everyone that they bought a NEW car, not a second hand one. :o

So if you absolutely need wheels right now then I'd consider one of two things:

1. Arrange a rental or loan car, possibly from the Honda dealer.. Loan will be tough for a brand as popular as Honda.. dealers for more desperate brands have been known to go for that though. :D

OR

2. Buy a Toyota Yaris / Vios.

First of all, why would you even want the old model?? Seems like throwing money away to me, because when you sell it again you will get a lot more for the new model.

That you see a lot of cars with red plates is because many people who buy in the last months of the past year only get proper plates in the new year, making their car seem a year 'newer', thus adding to the resale value. And people just enjoy driving with red plates, period, because it shows off to everyone that they bought a NEW car, not a second hand one. :o

So if you absolutely need wheels right now then I'd consider one of two things:

1. Arrange a rental or loan car, possibly from the Honda dealer.. Loan will be tough for a brand as popular as Honda.. dealers for more desperate brands have been known to go for that though. :D

OR

2. Buy a Toyota Yaris / Vios.

Can think of many reasons to buy the present/old Jazz….. the new one is longer, wider, lower and has a 5 speed auto box from the Civic….

So myself prefer my old/present type Jazz thank you, is smaller, yet higher and has the 7 speed box..

Buy a Toyota Yaris/Vios…….. again this for me is not an option… I simply do not fit nor able to drive either, as for the Vios, is there a worse looking car made?..... I have seen a few in small accidents, appears the Vios always come off far worse the the other car..

Can think of many reasons to buy the present/old Jazz….. the new one is longer, wider, lower and has a 5 speed auto box from the Civic….

Well it was at least many reasons from Oct-Dec 2007 when they had a special campaign on the old Jazz. Maybe its possible to get the same deals today!

BTW Ignis, where do you get the dimensions from, i.e. longer wider and lower!

I have search the net but cant find anything about the dimensions to the new Jazz!

Thanks.

Honda Zazz from new is a cute little car, great for nipping in out of traffic on the by pass road but if you are intending to be here a long time there are limitations.

If it is auto you will be riding the brakes down the hills all the time cos auto drivers never change down, there is little power up hill so the auto box is always changing, lots of wear.

If you are here for good get a 4x4 with manual, you can get some for less than a jazz and will last a lot longer.

Aztec's reliability was described as ugly too. Explains why vehicle was dropped. Typical GM product. Newsweek said it best "The Aztek has been the poster-car for GM’s canny ability over the last decade to survey the marketplace, poll consumers, anticipate style trends and come up with something so wrong-headed as to make Sony’s commitment to Beta look like marketing genius." I know what some of you are thinking and no they didn't ask the Patong Planning Commission to assist in the design :o

You can't go wrong with a Honda Jazz or Fit or whatever it's called. But, if I'm not mistaken, the gas tank is under the front passenger seats.Yikes. You also get the honour of being "green". An added bonus is that you'll be able to cruise the beach road and attract the girls that don't shave their under arms I guess. But, it is a nice looking car and you can laugh when you pass the gas stations while the pickup truck brigade pays through the nose.

as for the Vios, is there a worse looking car made?

Not available in thailand But IMHO the most Butt-Ugly vehical ever made

... the pontiac Aztek

or as I called it the Ass-tech

I am completely on board with that call. The aztec really has to be the ugliest vehicle ever mass produced...I think it is discontiued now, but I think the buick version (rendevous) is still being produced...for some odd reason.

Way to go GM!!!

JL