E-application Coming In March

The Immigration Bureau has a quarter page advertisement in today's Bangkok Post announcing that the current E-Mail system used for re-entry permits will be extended to cover applications for extension of stay and change of visa starting in March of this year - and indicating this is another step in making Immigration and "E" process. There is no indication in advertisement that this applies to upcountry locations as the only links provided are the normal headquarters www.immigration.go.th and a test Bangkok site bangkok.immigration.go.th

It appears to require a log in/registration at web site - fill in form - ask for appointment date/time - return by email and then appear at the date/time requested. There is no indication of feedback on the time so expect it will be first come/first served but that all paperwork will be at desk so should speed up the process.

The Immigration Bureau has a quarter page advertisement in today's Bangkok Post announcing that the current E-Mail system used for re-entry permits will be extended to cover applications for extension of stay and change of visa starting in March of this year - and indicating this is another step in making Immigration and "E" process. There is no indication in advertisement that this applies to upcountry locations as the only links provided are the normal headquarters www.immigration.go.th and a test Bangkok site bangkok.immigration.go.th

It appears to require a log in/registration at web site - fill in form - ask for appointment date/time - return by email and then appear at the date/time requested. There is no indication of feedback on the time so expect it will be first come/first served but that all paperwork will be at desk so should speed up the process.

This will be interesting Lop. :o

If they are reading this, why don't they just make life simple for themselves.

A 1+5 year inital+long term extension visa for all work permit holders, spouses etc etc. First year to test the legitimacy of the application, but once proven by the intial stay, a long term visa so they don't re-do the same work every year.

They can up the fees for all I care, just don't wanna have to piss about with visas unecessarily every year.

But then again, what will they do with all those staff...they'll have nothing to do!!!

If they are reading this, why don't they just make life simple for themselves.

Unfortunately, this would not be within the authority of the Immigration Bureau. It would need a change of Section 35 of the Immigration Act to begin with, followed by Ministerial Regulation and Police Order.

--

--

Maestro

Would it be possible to Scan and Post the Original ad.. I don't get the Bangkok Post..

Except Wednesday's DataBase issue. :o

Thanks,

CS

Was at Suan Plu a few days ago and one I/O told me that appointments would be made and the process would be "much quicker", whatever that means. My last extension visit was about 20 minutes, so I can't imagine anything being much faster than that! A counter has been set up at the far end, next to the re-entry section.

Edited by Guest

Great info, lopburi3. Thanks for the scan also.

Was at Suan Plu a few days ago and one I/O told me that appointments would be made and the process would be "much quicker", whatever that means. My last extension visit was about 20 minutes, so I can't imagine anything being much faster than that! A counter has been set up at the far end, next to the re-entry section.

mine was 5 hours. So there is some fat to cut!!

90uote name='sbk' date='2008-01-28 14:37:28' post='1787363']

Samui Immigration has an online service for resorts on the islands to report their guests.

So does Pattaya but this is not 90 day reporting you still need that paper your passport

Samui Immigration has an online service for resorts on the islands to report their guests.

So does Pattaya but this is not 90 day reporting you still need that paper your passport

I see no reason why a person can't do the 90 day reporting online and PRINT the little piece of paper out. If it can be set up for guests at resorts it could just as easily be set up for 90 day reporting. Which is what I said in my post.