Apartments In Muang Thong Thani

Orthelius

9:30 P.M., PST, Phoenix, AZ, USA

Watching a Thai epic on cable TV. "The Legend of Suriyothai". Great flick. Very entertaining. Shocked as ###### it's playing in Phoenix. Usually we're afraid of movies that don't star white people. Anyway .......

Nobody had any advice re: Nonthaburi, Muang Thong Thani hotels. I've decided to go another route. Anybody have any advice about living the Thai way?

I can get an apartment in Muang Thong Thani for about 3K baht out the door (utilities, cable, etc.). I have lived this way with the girlfriend for five months, but now her mom and dad and two brothers will be added to the mix. We both agree (after many, many, many conversations) that, all things considered, it's better that I find lodging nearby.

Money is not the issue. I could live in a serviced, ass-kissing apartment for 40,000 baht/month. Don't want to. Yet.

Not totally Woody and Mia, but I need space from the encroachment.

I think it's doable for about a year, at which time I'll make the BIG DECISION.

Marry her or run like ###### back to America!

I genuinely like the area. Workout facilities about a five minute walk from any given building, fresh food market (and vendors who love to sell to the farang who likes Thai food and speaks Thai), proximity to her family (good to be near, no good to live with).

Any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated. I know I'm a novelty in this burg. Am I a child molester? A sex tourist on the cheap? A debaucher of the fine lineage of Thai women? Or just a guy who met a woman and had the unfortunate luck to care so much about her he didn't give a shit about her past?

Thanks for any and all feedback.

Orthe, check out the townhouses for rent in the moobaans( housing estates) nearby.

You should be able to get something furnished/partly furn. for about 4,000.

At least you'd have two bedroom, two rooms downstairs and 2 toilets.