Problems With "svchost.exe" And Tot Adsl

coalminer

Hi,

Lately, I found that my computer was slowing down a lot.

I did a lookup winth "what's running" to see what could possible be the cause and found that "svchost.exe" was running constantly an applicatation which used over 20MB.

This application was continuously listening to "125.26.82.233 at Port 39".

Looked up what this website was with IE7, and got back a Google page with 28 hits.

Most of them in Thai, so I was not getting any wiser from that.

I tried the first hit, and this page was keeping the stats of Internet use for whole Thailand as far as I could see.

I C&P a summary of the first Google page here beneath:

ทรูฮิตไดเร็คทอรี่ ธุรกิจ คอมพิวเตอร์ อินเทอร์เน็ต ช๊อปปิ้ง บันเทิง ...125.26.82.233, Thailand, 16. 203.146.196.18, Thailand, 16. 124.120.0.174, Thailand, 15. 125.26.47.147, Thailand, 15. 125.27.128.96, Thailand, 14 ...

truehits.net/module/stats.php?G_CODET=c0003736&t=1&y=2008&m=01&d=09&Web=www.prapaynee... - 31k - Cached - Similar pages

ทรูฮิตไดเร็คทอรี่ ธุรกิจ คอมพิวเตอร์ อินเทอร์เน็ต ช๊อปปิ้ง บันเทิง ...125.26.82.233, Thailand, 2. 58.8.155.95, Thailand, 2. 58.9.35.171, Thailand, 2. 125.25.32.194, Thailand, 1. 202.155.120.199, Indonesia, 1 ...

truehits.net/module/stato.php?G_CODET=r0028188&t=&y=2008&m=01&d=13&Web=www.hivnat.org... - 35k - Cached - Similar pages

More results from truehits.net »

เข้าบ้านไม่ได้อ่ะค่ะได้รับเมล์แล้วค่ะแต่พอมาเข้าบ้านบ้านก็ล็อคบอกว่ารหัสผิดค่ะช่วยส่งอีกทีนะคะ. โดย: [email protected] [6 ธ.ค. 50 17:56] ( IP A:125.26.82.233 X: ) ...

www.pantown.com/board.php?id=23499&area=3&name=board6&topic=19&action=view - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

04815 แจกเพลงคับ(ขอบคุณขอเพลงได้) โดย : nutpanda3 : 2006-12-18 17 ...ความคิดเห็นที่ : 37. thank you na ka. โดย : kikoii [ 2007-03-25 19:55:21 ] 125.26.82.233 DELETE. ความคิดเห็นที่ : 38. FatLive4 The Paradox Circus ...

www.212cafe.com/boardvip/view.php?user=212cafe&id=4815 - 185k - Cached - Similar pages

ข่าวการศึกษา นำเสนอโดย ครููไทย ดอท อินโฟPosted : 2007-08-16 07:09:22 IP : (125.26.82.233). ในฐานะครูคนหนึ่ง ไม่เชื่อหรอกว่าคุรุสภาจะขาดทุน เพราะรายได้มีแต่เข้า. ...

www.kruthai.info/kaows/show.php?Category=edu&No=513 - 43k - Cached - Similar pages

ลือ...ดังแล้วหยิ่ง "โด่ง" โต้! ไม่เคยลืมตัวไม่เคยลืมตัว ที่ 43:125.26.82.233. เออ คัยอ่ะดังตรงไหนไม่รู้จักเลยเนี่ยนะดังแล้ว สร้างข่าวกันเองชัดๆหล่อก็ไม่หล่อแหวะ ถุยๆๆ. จากคุณ :11 เช็ค IP - [31 ส.ค. ...

hilight.kapook.com/view/14983 - 58k - Cached - Similar pages

Dek-D.com > Board ><+*~*+_+*~*+>[ช๊อกโกแล็ตแทนใจ วันวาเรนไทน์]<+ ...Name : ball [ IP : 125.26.82.233 ] Email / Msn: วันที่: 31 มกราคม 2550 / 09:42. ความคิดเห็นที่ 7. รัก mel ครับขอให้มีความสุขในวันวาเรนไทน์ ...

www.dek-d.com/board/view.php?id=514744 - 90k - Cached - Similar pages

สาวๆคิดดูเอาดิ27/05/2007 - 11:27 125.26.82.233 Add? No Card Bad Report · Delete. [ ผู้โพส : PoTaTo - 9/06/2007 - 07:55 ] Guest. แฟนผมคงจะบ้าตาย. No Image ...

www.musicza.com/webboard/data/2/0110-3.html - 40k - Cached - Similar pages

PANTIP.COM : P6279493 สิ่งที่นอยยากเห็นในวันนี้ 28 มกราคม 2551 ...... คงจะต้องรอเปลี่ยนหัวหน้าพรรคคนใหม่ พฤติการณ์ของพรรคนี้อาจจะดีชึ้นก็ได้ จากคุณ : มุมแดง (มุมแดง) - [ 28 ม.ค. 51 19:12:38 A:125.26.82.233 X: ] ...

www.pantip.com/cafe/rajdumnern/topic/P6279493/P6279493.html - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

Bloggang.com : สายลับๆล่อๆ : // จับบล็อคแต่งตัวใหม่ในโอกาสฉลองครบ ...โดย: TRINITY IP: 125.26.82.233 วันที่: 28 พฤศจิกายน 2550 เวลา:14:59:09 น. อิอิ ผมอีก 1 เดือนครบรอบ ดีใจๆ ชอบๆๆ เพลงนี้มาก เธอคือใคร ชอบๆๆ ...

www.bloggang.com/viewdiary.php?id=dr-hizocto&month=11-2007&date=28&group=5&gblog=34 - 53k - Cached - Similar pages

I did stop the current application, but at the same moment my Internet connection was disconnected.

I have tried this several times, with the same result.

Apparently, this application is needed by my ADSL Internet connection with TOT.

Can anybody explain what is going on and how I can fix this problem?

TIA

The IP you shown is one of this group: 125.26.82.0 - 125.26.82.255 and is belong to TOT Thailand. It's the IP which is assigned to you for to connect to the Internet at this time. You can't stop svchost.exe because it's need by the system to run.

You should take a much closer look in Whatsrunning about the programs and service running.

If you want to get mor infos, just right click on the name and choose Get more Info Online. You must be on the Internet at that time because that infos coming from online only.

Cheers.

svchost.exe is an essential component of windows and shouldn't be shut down. Each instance of svchost.exe running is responsible running a group of various services on your machine. If you'd like to see what services are running on each instance, just run Process Explorer from SysInternals and hover the mouse cursor over each svchost.exe listed.

svchost.exe is an essential component of windows and shouldn't be shut down. Each instance of svchost.exe running is responsible running a group of various services on your machine. If you'd like to see what services are running on each instance, just run Process Explorer from SysInternals and hover the mouse cursor over each svchost.exe listed.

Veazer:

Sysinternals Process Explorer is good, out of any questions!

But Whatsrunning has more advantage and the main one for me ist that I can just online check what's going on which with files, processes pp.! And that with all 3. party files as well and not MS only!

Cheers.

Sorry for being late with my reply.

I have been checking the "services" a little closer with "Whatsrunning", but couldn't find anything abnormal.

But I did found a file named "autoexec.inf" who keeps appearing at random places and random disks.

I have BoClean and Nod32 antivirus, but noneof them have found anything special neither.

I'm affraid that the only thing which will solve my problem will be to take my Notebook to the local IT-Shop, pay the guy 500 Baht and have my Harddisk reformatted and made a fresh reinstall of all my software.

Unless someone has a better idea ......

Sorry for being late with my reply.

I have been checking the "services" a little closer with "Whatsrunning", but couldn't find anything abnormal.

But I did found a file named "autoexec.inf" who keeps appearing at random places and random disks.

I have BoClean and Nod32 antivirus, but noneof them have found anything special neither.

I'm affraid that the only thing which will solve my problem will be to take my Notebook to the local IT-Shop, pay the guy 500 Baht and have my Harddisk reformatted and made a fresh reinstall of all my software.

Unless someone has a better idea ......

Just download CureIt from HERE, run the install on you computer. After that restart the computer in Safe Mode and run the CureIt again in both Quick and Full Mode.

May this helps.

By the way, CureIt didn't really installs but prepares the file for running so that you can use in Safemode and if something is found it could be deleted. Everytime you want to use CureIt you need to new download the file.

Cheers.

Just download CureIt from HERE, run the install on you computer. After that restart the computer in Safe Mode and run the CureIt again in both Quick and Full Mode.

Can you specify where "HERE" is?

Is "HERE" meant to be a link?

TIA

It's a link but if that link don't works just go to: http://freedrweb.com

Cheers