Satellite Tv From Abroad To Your Pc In Thailand

a10ams

I've recently heard about this piece of equipment that can transmit, say Sky TV, from your UK home to your overseas computer via the internet.

Has anybody had any experience of this and if so ..... how do I do it? I'm going back to the UK in four weeks and would like to set it up if possible. Thanks.

I've recently heard about this piece of equipment that can transmit, say Sky TV, from your UK home to your overseas computer via the internet.

Has anybody had any experience of this and if so ..... how do I do it? I'm going back to the UK in four weeks and would like to set it up if possible. Thanks.

I use a piece of equipment called a Slingbox in the USA that sends my cable tv signal over the internet. You must have a high speed internet connection at both ends to utilize this approximately 100 - 200 dollar piece of equipment. Easy set up and to use. It has security features and only one computer can view the signal at any given time. If you allow someone else the access info, as the administrator, you can shut them down if you want to watch instead of them at the time. The best scenario if you don't have either cable and/or internet in UK is to set it up at a friend or family's house that does. It doesn't affect their cable tv signal and your sling box can be viewed anywhere in the world that you have a high speed internet connection.

I set it up at my parents house when I moved across the country. This way I could watch all the local and regional programming (sports) that wasn't available where I was living. Now I use the signal for when I am traveling or working in my home basement office. I watch tv on another computer on my desk, doing it right now...works great. Just Google slingbox.

Martian

Here's slingbox:

http://www.slingmedia.com/

Here's another that might be better than slingbox:

http://myhava.com/product_hava_gold_30.htm...CFQH1PAodwGG4eA

Martian

Edited by Martian

In the light of bandwidth limits (and thus quality issues) and the fact that you need somewhere 'back home' with an internet connection and satellite I decided against a Slingbox, although we did have a similar setup for a while using a PC in my parents' place which worked well enough.

There are a number of P2P sites carrying exclusively UK TV (PM me for details, we're not allowed to discuss on the open forum for legal reasons), you can get your fix of Coronation Street, Eastenders etc within 24 hours of broadcast (including download time) and the quality is way better than any streaming system that I've seen working in Thailand :o

Edited by Crossy

• 2 weeks later...