Lovely Old E-type And Merc

RAZZELL

Last week, walking along the small street which connect's the end of Soi 11 to Soi 13, I saw a lovely red E-type convertible and a silver merc.

They were in the carpark on the left 50 metres from the CitiChic hotel.

I'd love to know what model the merc was so if anyone is passing and has an idea or a camera to take a photo it'd be much appreciated.

RAZZ :o

Last week, walking along the small street which connect's the end of Soi 11 to Soi 13, I saw a lovely red E-type convertible and a silver merc.

They were in the carpark on the left 50 metres from the CitiChic hotel.

I'd love to know what model the merc was so if anyone is passing and has an idea or a camera to take a photo it'd be much appreciated.

RAZZ :o

razzell,

are you talking about the ones in the carpark( i think its a restaurant) right on the corner of suk soi 15, past the manhattan hotel and just before the nana international school, where you do a left into the sub soi and take the back way to soi 3?

razzell,

are you talking about the ones in the carpark( i think its a restaurant) right on the corner of suk soi 15, past the manhattan hotel and just before the nana international school, where you do a left into the sub soi and take the back way to soi 3?

I think so...

Walking from the Manhattan, all the way down to the end, turn left, right left and the car park is on the right?

I believe it is a restaurant.

If you look on this map it would be in between soi 11 and soi 13 opposite and on the right of the "purple" hotel on the diagram.

http://www.citichichotel.com/map_nearby.html

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

post-55597-1205312226_thumb.jpg

The Mercedes wasn't one of these, was it?

Similar, but I'm pretty sure it had more "curves", more of a Gullwing shape?

Bit like this...

I think it could be a 190SL like this, but right hand drive:

http://www.chelseacars.com/detail_info2.as...&classid=13

RAZZ

Oh, they were lovely. About the only Merc I ever lusted after. My first girlfriend's mum had one of these. I ended up fancying her more than the daughter. Bit "The Graduate" -ish...

Last week, walking along the small street which connect's the end of Soi 11 to Soi 13...

Do you have any idea how many Soi 11's and Soi 13's there are in Bangkok?

Yes. That's why I said "Citichic hotel" and posted a map. Or can't you read more than one sentence? :o:D

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

The Mercedes between Suk Soi 13 and soi 15 is a 190 SL...it is parked with a later 60's (exposed headlight) E-type Jag, and there is an Alfa Spyder there as well (although in the shop now)

And there was me going-on about "The Graduate". Coo...

The Mercedes between Suk Soi 13 and soi 15 is a 190 SL...it is parked with a later 60's (exposed headlight) E-type Jag, and there is an Alfa Spyder there as well (although in the shop now)

Thank you :o

RAZZ

Yes. That's why I said "Citichic hotel" and posted a map. Or can't you read more than one sentence? :o:D

Yes I can read more than one sentence. Can you write concise English without waffle?

You're obviously very bored. If you haven't got anything constructive to post, why bother?

RAZZ

Yes I can read more than one sentence. Can you write concise English without waffle?

You're obviously very bored. If you haven't got anything constructive to post, why bother?

RAZZ

Pot, kettle, black?

Yes. That's why I said "Citichic hotel" and posted a map. Or can't you read more than one sentence? :D :D

RAZZ

Pot, kettle, black?

Why the fuc_k are you even bothering to reply you pratt? :D :D

I asked for information, you added a smart arse comment which was incorrect. I wouldn't embarrass yourself anymore :o

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Why the fuc_k are you even bothering to reply you pratt? :D :D

I asked for information, you added a smart arse comment which was incorrect. I wouldn't embarrass yourself anymore :o

RAZZ

Listen you brain dead numpty - you started it with your 'smart arse' comment - "Or can't you read more than one sentence?" Now go away and play in the traffic.

Listen you brain dead numpty - you started it with your 'smart arse' comment - "Or can't you read more than one sentence?" Now go away and play in the traffic.

You started it! :o:D

With the comment:

"Do you have any idea how many Soi 11's and Soi 13's there are in Bangkok?"

Brain dead numpty.... :D

RAZZ

With the comment:

That was a genuine question - did you not see the '?' at the end?

Hey kids! Shush, shuuuuuuush!

Aren't we all car enthusiasts here? Now settle down and play nicely together..................

(and no, I'm not a mod, just a fellow petrolhead).

With the comment:

That was a genuine question - did you not see the '?' at the end?

Hey kids! Shush, shuuuuuuush!

Aren't we all car enthusiasts here? Now settle down and play nicely together..................

(and no, I'm not a mod, just a fellow petrolhead).

I'm a gent so OK...I apologise :D

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

"no it's not! the 190SL did not have any air outlets at the side. this one here is a 190:"

Naamy, ol' bean...you are correct!

The 190SL does not have any air outlets on the side...and neither does the one parked at 'Fusion 15' restaurant between Soi 13 and Soi 15...it's a Silver '50's 190SL

Cheers

Edited by thai thai

"no it's not! the 190SL did not have any air outlets at the side. this one here is a 190:"

Naamy, ol' bean...you are correct!

no rocket science involved :D owned a 190SL in 1971, craved for a 300SL but that was far beyond my financial means :o i am still looking (here in Thailand) for the car of my dreams. when i was a schoolboy in 1961 the Jaguar E was presented at the automobile fair in Frankfurt. not to drive around too much but for "screwing" around, taking out the carburettors and fitting them back, a little polishing and driving it once a week for an hour or so to have a cup of coffee at the beach.

if anybody knows one which is for sale, please PM me!