Hsv Hamburg thread for Lotusbluete

Lotusbluete

Hello all,

well they did it. HSV can still score goals. After 4 games without a win or a goal, they beat Hansa Rostock 3:1.

Lets hope, this gives a boost for the next game. The northern derby vs Wärda Brämen.

Keep this thread up, boys...championsluague place isnt entirely gone yet, after schalke failed to win at home today.

thats all for now.

hummel hummel

Hi folks,

and special Hallo to Timo (apparently the only HSV fan out there),

yes, it seems the HSV is back on track. And Olic (2) and van der Vaart even scored again after long goalless draught. Gives some hope for the "Nordderby" against Bremen tomorrow.

Still questions about the trainer and the future of van der Vaart unanswered. But let's hope for the best and a convincing victory over arch enemy Werder.

Until then, good luck HSV!

PS. Sent a message to you Timo!

Hello all,

only one day to the soooooo crutial northern derby and it seems like Hamburg ´has a new manager.

Martin Jol, former Tottenham manager looks like to take over after this season.

I am quite happy with this decision,at least it is a decision after 5 mont of ongoing search.

ok, good luck for tomorrow to all HSV supporters, wherever you may be.

regards

Timo

Hi folks,

Well, Timo, what shall we two HSV supporters say about "our" HSV? Sad, just sad.

I think this 0:1 loss against Bremen even puts the qualification for the UEFA Cup in doubts. The HSV is still on 4th spot but only because Leverkusen and Stuttgart lost their respective matches. Hamburg, Stuttgart, Leverkusen and not to forget Wolfsburg only separated by 3 points. That will be tough for the last 2 games.

Let's hope for the best.

Tschues!

Hi folks,

and tomorrow its against Energie Cottbus at present no. 14 in the Bundesliga. The HSV should and must win. If they loose again than they really do not deserve the UEFA Cup qualification.

Again, as always, good luck boys!

Tschues!

Hi folks,

what shall I say after THAT loss???

Well, first and formost, congratulations to Energie Cottbus for the win and for remaining another year in the Bundesliga.

And the HSV? Well, 4 teams have now 51 points (Leverkusen, Hamburg, Wolfsburg and Stuttgart), only separated by the goal difference. That will be a tough fight next weekend for the 2 UEFA Cup spots. Whoever looses or even only draws might be out of the direct qualification for the cup.

And the HSV will play their last game of the season at home against Karlsruhe. Under "normal" circumstances should not be a problem. But after the recent resuts there are many doubts.

Lets hope that trainer Stevens can motivate his team one last time this season.

Tschues!

Hello all,

Lotusbluete has said it all. Unbelievable, how a team can play without heart, when its down to only 2 games. I dont have much hope for the last game.

On top of that newspapers in germany cover that martin jol has an offer from man city..... should he decide not to go to HSV, chaos is perfect.

well, thats it....

p.s lotusbluete...i accidentely deleted the PM, with your email-address, could you resend.

regards

Timo

Hi folks,

according to my Hamburg newspaper Martin Jol has been confirmed as trainer for the new season. But many quite critical comments about him and also about the management of the HSV regarding the long duration (6 months!) of search.

Let's wish him for the new season and the HSV for their last match this season all the best and good luck.

Tschues!

P.S. Timo, sent a new message

Hi folks,

according to my Hamburg newspaper Martin Jol has been confirmed as trainer for the new season. But many quite critical comments about him and also about the management of the HSV regarding the long duration (6 months!) of search.

Let's wish him for the new season and the HSV for their last match this season all the best and good luck.

Tschues!

P.S. Timo, sent a new message

It is true. This from soccernet.com

Jol appointed as new boss at Hamburg SV

HAMBURG, Germany, May 14 (Reuters) - Dutchman Martin Jol will take over as Hamburg SV coach next season and has signed a contract through June 2010, the Bundesliga club announced on Wednesday.

The 52-year-old was sacked as coach of Tottenham in October after the English side won just one of their opening 10 matches in the Premier League and slipped to third from bottom.

Jol will replace compatriot Huub Stevens, who is stepping down at the end of the season and will take over at Dutch champions PSV Eindhoven.

'We are convinced that we have hired the right coach in Martin Jol,' Hamburg Chief Executive Bernd Hoffmann said on the club's website.

With one match left in the Bundesliga, Hamburg are in fifth place and fighting for one of Germany's two UEFA Cup spots with three other clubs.

They are level on 51 points with fourth-placed Bayer Leverkusen, VfL Wolfsburg in sixth and VfB Stuttgart in seventh and play 10th-placed Karlsruhe SC on Saturday.

Hamburg said Jol's assistant will be 42-year-old Zeljko Petrovic, former coach of Dutch second division side RKC Waalwijk.

Jol played for clubs including Bayern Munich, West Bromwich Albion and Coventry City in the 1970s and 1980s, He will be presented to the media in Hamburg next week, the club said.

• 11 months later...

Hallo,

Yes, my Hamburg team advanced to the semi-final of the UEFA Cup. Against one of the richest clubs in Europe, Manchester City, they got through. Although Manchester City won last night by 2:1 it was not enough to compensate the 3:1 loss last week at Hamburg. So congratulations to the Hamburg player and the excellent coach Martin Jol.

Hamburg is the only team in Germany that still has some chances for the German Championships, the German Cup and the UEFA Cup. I am sure they will bring at least one of the trophies back home.

So on 20.05. in Istanbul/Turkey it will be Germany against Ukraine.

And by the way:

22.04. Hamburg vs. Werder Bremen (German Cup)

30.04. Werder Bremen vs. Hamburg (UEFA Cup)

07.05. Hamburg vs. Werder Bremen (UEFA Cup)

10.05. Werder Bremen vs. Hamburg (Bundesliga)

Good luck HSV!

Aside the football I came from fehmarn-puttgartens other side Lolland the island belonging to Denmark back too football I want to mention European Championchip 1992 to germans the

normal stuff was not on the agenda that year. A Victoryceremony had to be cancelled and there were some 60 million people who didnt like that - I did, an awesome sommerholiday.

I live in Suratthani I pay to watch football and chelsea pay off for me.

Hallo,

Yes, my Hamburg team advanced to the semi-final of the UEFA Cup.

I suppose i better say it. Well done and i hope you go onto win it :o

Against one of the richest clubs in Europe, Manchester City, they got through.

The World actually. Albeit we haven't spent much of it yet :D

• 1 year later...

Hallo again to all friends and fans of the Hamburg SV,

missed out last season (that season was a disaster for the HSV) but am now back with some latest news about my home team. And will try to hold up the flag as one of the few soccer threads that does not concern around football from "Outside of The Continent" (nicely said, isn't it!?).

Well so, my Hamburg team has (finally!) a new coach, Armin Veh, as well as a new sports director, Bastian Reinhardt, and I hope it will be more successful than the previous season.

Yesterday was the first serious test with the away game in the first round of the DFB Cup.

Torgelower SV Greif - HSV 1 : 5

After a slow start, Hamburg finally found top gear to give their new coach Armin Veh an emphatic start to life in charge with a 5-1 win over Torgelower Greif.

Ruud van Nistelrooy's early goal was cancelled out by Daniel Pankau, but Jose Paolo Guererro put the northern Germany side back ahead shortly after the break.

Van Nistelrooy completed his hat-trick later in the second half before David Jarolim added a fifth.

With this, best regards to all fans of the HSV, the German Bundesliga and the continental (!) soccer (sorry to all you English, Welsh, Scottish, Northern Irish and other nations fans ...)

Hallo friends of the German soccer,

tonight the new season of the Bundesliga will start.

The opening match will be champion Bayern Muenchen (or Bavaria Munich) against VfL Wolfsburg. This match will be shown on TrueSport3 at 01:30 h on 21.08.

And tomorrow, Saturday 21.08., it will then pair up the HSV against Schalke 04. It is an interesting match up as the present Schalke coach, Felix Magath, was formerly a player and later a coach with the HSV. Now being one of the most successful present coaches in the Bundesliga, it will be interesting to see how he plans to deal with this match against his former club. It will also be interesting to see Schalke's Raul (from Real Madrid) against Hamburgs Ruud van Nistelrooy. And the new Hamburg team captain is the former Schalke player Heiko Westermann.

I am not sure about a live transmission of this match.

It will be a very difficult match for Hamburg but I wish the HSV the best of luck for it.

YES, that was an excellent start for the HSV into the new campaign!

Hamburger SV - Schalke 04 2:1

And the winner is ... of course Ruud van Nistelroy, Van the Man!

Ruud van Nistelrooy won the battle of the two former Real Madrid strikers as his brace earned Hamburg a 2-1 win over Raul's Schalke.

The Dutch striker opened the scoring early in the second half and he sealed Hamburg's win in the 83rd minute after Schalke had threatened to steal a point with a goal against the run of play from Jefferson Farfan.

Let us not forget that Schalke was runner-up last year in the German Championship.

It means that Hamburg is at level with Bayern as they won their match on late Friday evening against Wolfsburg by the same score.

Well done Armin Veh (new coach of Hamburg)!

Only the HSV!

Hallo to all friends and fans of the German soccer,

The second round of the new campaign starts today with Bayern Muenchen (Bavaria Munich) travelling to newly promoted 1.FC Kaiserslautern. However, I think the Bayern squad will be strong enough to conquer the feared “Betzenberg” (the location of the Kaiserslautern stadium).

The Hamburger SV has to travel to Eintracht Frankfurt. It will be an interesting match up as in about a month time we will have exactly the same pairing in the German DFB cup. I am sure Hamburg gained quite some confidence by their opening win over last years vice champion Schalke 04. Frankfurt lost last week against Hannover. Therefore, they have to perform better this week in their first home game of the season.

I am sure it will be an interesting match and I wish the HSV best of luck!

Hallo fans of the German soccer,

yes, yes, yes, that was (up to now) an amazing second match day in the German Bundesliga.

On Friday evening Bayern Muenchen (Bavaria Munich) capitulated 2:0 to newly promoted 1.FC Kaiserslautern.

An on Saturday Schalke slumped to their second defeat of the season when they lost 2-1 at home to Hanover after another disappointing day for new Spanish signing Raul.

And Adam Szalai scored in the 85th minute to complete Mainz's amazing comeback from a three-goal deficit to win at Wolfsburg and spoil the Bundesliga return of Brazilian superstar Diego.

Ha, and my Hamburg SV scored three times in the final half-hour to beat Eintracht Frankfurt 3-1 and notch their second straight victory to start the season. Patrick Ochs gave Frankfurt the lead after 37 minutes before Joris Mathijsen levelled the game after 61 minutes and Ruud van Nistelrooy pushed Hamburg ahead in the 81st minute. Paolo Guerrero finished off the scoring in the 89th minute for the visitors.

That is an excellent start for Hamburg and keeps them as one of the top clubs in the Bundesliga.

Well done HSV and keep on like that.

Next weekend will be some qualifying matches of the national teams for the Euopean Championships.

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo fans of the German Bundesliga,

the 3rd round starts today with the very interesting match between Hoffenheim and Schalke 04. The present coach of Hoffenheim, Ralf Rangnick, was from 2004 to 2005 coach of Schalke. And Schalkes prersent coach, Felix Magath, has just signed Klaas Jan Huntelaar from Real Madrid. He ist the 3rd player after Raul and Metzelder that joind Schalke from that Spanish team.

And the HSV will on saturday face at home the 1.FC Nueremberg (Nuernberg). On paper form the Hamburg team should be the clear favourite, but in this campaign we already have seen many surprising results.

Nevertheless I hope the HSV will enjoy a successful match.

that were some interesting results so far in the 3rd round of the Bundesliga.

Wolfsburg, Stuttgart and Schalke, all 3 teams with 0 points after this round. Quite unexpected. And Hoffenheim together with Mainz at the top of the table!

The HSV dropped their first points of the Bundesliga season after conceding an 81st-minute Javier Pinola penalty at home to Nurnberg.

Hamburg had taken the lead when their Holland international defender Joris Mathijsen scored from close range on the hour mark.

But with a third consecutive victory within sight goalkeeper Frank Rost was penalised for a foul in the area and Pinola fired home to snatch a point for the visitors.

But one should not be ungrateful. Hamburg with 7 points is still in an excellent position in the table.

And next weekend it will be the most interesting city darby between FC St.Pauli and the HSV. Let us just hope that there will be no riots between hooligans from both teams.

Hallo friends of the German Bundesliga,

this coming match day 4 of the campaign will see some interesting derbys.

There is the "Mother of all derby's" between Schalke 04 and Borussia Dortmund. It is a prestige duel between these two clubs, and Schalke's coach, Felix Magath, is under serious pressure after the loss to Lyon (France) in the Champions League in mid-week.

And of course, there will be again a Hamburg city derby between FC St. Pauli and the HSV. It's just the 15th time that these old rivals meet in the Bundesliga and it will be the first time in the newly refurbished Millerntor stadium of St.Pauli. There are quite some concerns about hooliganism around this match. Both sides applied to their fans to refrain from any form of violence.

Good luck to these and all other teams of the Bundesliga.

Hallo fans of the Bundesliga,

as expected this matchday 4 of the present campaign showed some unexpected results. Nobody would have predicted that Mainz is at the top of the table with 4 wins out of 4 games. And Schalke 04 lost for the fourth time, this time against arch rival Borussia Dortmund at home with 1 : 3 goals. Schalke 04 is the only club with 0 points at the bottom of the table.

On Sunday Mladen Petric's late goal secured Hamburg SV a point in an emotion-packed 1-1 draw at city rivals St Pauli. Fabian Boll gave the promoted side the lead in the 77th minute but Petric struck in the 88th minute to equalise for the HSV and deny St Pauli's first derby victory over the HSV in 33 years.

The next match day will be already on coming Tuesday and Wednesday, when Hamburg will face VfL Wolfsburg at home.

Hallo fans of the German football,

today sees the start of matchday 5 which will be completed tomorrow. We call this an English week.

And there are a few very interesting line-ups. Will Bayern score its first goal since 3 matches away at Hoffenheim? Will Schalke 04 be able to collect its first points of the season in its game at SC Freiburg and will Mainz celebrate its 5th win out of 5 games? Many questions and we will know the answers in a few hours time.

The HSV plays at home against Steve McClaren's VfL Wolfsburg. And after the recent draws against Nuernberg and St.Pauli there is a lot of reputation at stake. Let's hope the boys will show more striking power this time.

By the way, a belated congratulations to Hamburg's goalkeeper Frank Rost who played his 400th Bundesliga match last Sunday.

Good luck boys!

Hallo to all German Bundesliga fans,

Wow, that was an interesting match day 5. Bayern won (with this special form of "Bavarian" luck), Mainz won (for the 5th consecutive time!) and even Schalke scored its firts win of the season (away at Freiburg).

And the big looser is? Yes, the HSV. Grafite scored twice in seven second-half minutes to give Wolfsburg a 3-1 victory at Hamburg. Edin Dzeko gave Wolfsburg the lead after 15 minutes before Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting equalised in the 27th minute.

However, Grafite struck in the 71st and 78th minutes for the win. Wolfsburg started the season with three straight losses but have now won their last two games for six points and 11th place. Hamburg remain in sixth with eight points.

And coming weekend Hamburg will face arch-rivals Werder in Bremen. If Hamburg continues like that, it is not difficult to predict that in 2 matchdays time Schalke will overtake the club from the Free and Hanseatic city ...

Armin Veh, you have a lot of work ahead!

Hallo friends of the Bundesliga,

Matchday 6 starts today with the clash between Koeln and Hoffenheim.

Other line ups include the most interesting match between present league leader Mainz and defending champion Bayern Muenchen. Both scored voctories last matchday. Bayern will miss its most prominent players Ribery and Robben due to injuries.

And the HSV will travel to old arch rival Werder Bremen. This will be a crucial 93rd match up for both teams as both lost their last encounters. Whoever looses this classical North Derby will be trailing in the championship.

Good luck to Armin Veh and his team!

Hallo friends of Bundesliga soccer,

until now the most surprising result of this matchday was by far the home defeat of champions Bayern Muenchen at the hands of Mainz. That was quite a humiliating defeat for the Bavarian squad especially at times of the world famous Oktoberfest.

It seems that Dortmund has a run and keeps its second position in the table.

Well, yes, for a second consecutive time the HSV lost a league match. Werder Bremen won a pulsating northern Germany derby against Hamburg at the Weser Stadion.

Marko Marin put Thomas Schaaf's side ahead in the 25th minute with Hugo Almeida doubling their lead just four minutes later.

Ruud van Nistelrooy brought Hamburg back into the game in the 59th minute and Jonathan Pitroipa levelled after another four minutes.

But Almeida struck again to seal the win for Bremen before having his third goal incorrectly ruled out in stoppage time.

There are difficult times ahead for Armin Veh's team although the HSV is not qualified for any international competition this season. So there should be ample time to regenerate and aiming a victory coming weekend against Kaiserslautern.

Hallo friends of Bundesliga football,excitingday 7 sees some quite extcntg match-ups.

Will Mainz be able to equalize the starting record in its home match aginst Hoffenheim. The current record is held by Bayern Muenchen and 1.FC Kaiserslautern, each with 7 consecutive wins.

And how about Bayern Muenchen after their 2:1 win in the Champions League over Basle in mid week. Will Bayern be able to achieve a good result at the present no. 2 in the table, Borussia Dortmund?

For the HSV it will be a must-win match at home against Kaiserslautern after their last 2 consecutive losses. There are some expectations that coach Armin Veh will change the system and will start wit 2 strikers, maybe Van the Man and Petric.

Hallo friends of German football,

... and Mainz continues to win. Now for a record equalling 7th time in a row. What an achievement! Also salute to Dortmund on second spot on the table.

But how about Bayern Muenchen? Only 12th in the table with just 8 points and 5 goals. As president Hoeness said:"Mainz have now got a 13-points advantage and that is catastrophic for FC Bayern". Same goes for lowly ranking Stuttgart and Schalke. A disastrous start in this years campaign for both teams.

The HSV achieved a hard earned 2:1 victory over Kaiserslautern. Hamburg came back from one goal down to beat Kaiserslautern and end a run of four matches without victory. It enabled the club to keep in touch with the top spots in the table although leaders Mainz are already 10 points away.

And coming match day 8 it will be the Hamburger SV's opportunity to stop Mainz from an all time record of winning 8 consecutive matches. But Hamburg has to improve a lot from it's last matches to achieve this aim.

Next week will see the national teams qualifying games for the European Championships.