Ais Edge

Gary A

The past ten days or so, AIS Edge has been pretty bad. I am now using my D-Tac card and it is quite a bit better. I guess between the two of them, I can keep a decent connection. I have a farang friend up here who also uses AIS and he too has been complaining.

I've noticed AIS having DNS problems, many URL's simply not resolving, while the ones that resolve come in OK.

Speedwise I didn't really notice much deterioration, apart from over the Songkran period, where all the visiting Thais were probebly jabbering away on their phones, taking up our precious data slots!

Yesterday evening I downloaded a rather big file (28 MB) in less then half an hour at an average of 18 kBps, or 150kbps...

I don't know what has happened to AIS but it certainly has gone bad. Every time AIS gives up and I change to D-Tac, D-Tac works well and hasn't let me down yet. It appears that I'll be splitting my packages and if AIS can't get it together, then I have bought the last package.

AIS connections seems about normal at my location. Early morning 12-18KB/s download speed and as day progresses it slows down as network traffic increases.

Sometimes later in the day if connection is slow I disconnect then reconnect and its ok. Have not figured out why.