Application Visa Costs For Thai Wife / Girlfriend

Have just spent $2060 dollars as an application fee to get my Thai wife a permanent visa for Australia, I have been told the same application in some places is a low as 50 Euro in Europe,

Thought it would be interesting to compare the costs to achieve this in different countries like England .... America .... Canada .... Countries in Europe etc

Using the US dollar as a measurment

Applcation Visa Fee in Australia is $2191.49 US Dollars

Will be interested to see comparison costs for other countries

Have just spent $2060 dollars as an application fee to get my Thai wife a permanent visa for Australia, I have been told the same application in some places is a low as 50 Euro in Europe,

Thought it would be interesting to compare the costs to achieve this in different countries like England .... America .... Canada .... Countries in Europe etc

2191.49 US Dollars seems a bit excessive unless the Dept of Immi have dramatically changed the amount for the fee. I paid $1390 AUD in feb this year.

I just checked the Dept of Immi website and the fees are still $1390 AUD. I know that if you pay the fee in BKK the currency conversion rate might be a bit different but that still seems to be a tad high.

Anyhow Im glad I paid it when I did.

I just checked the Dept of Immi website and the fees are still $1390 AUD. I know that if you pay the fee in BKK the currency conversion rate might be a bit different but that still seems to be a tad high.

Anyhow Im glad I paid it when I did.

Governments and Banks are out to get you. :o

Do you want to only count the fees for the initial visa, or do you want to also count all the fees for other forms and filings that are needed once she is in the country in order to reach the point where she does not have to file any more documents and is given PR status?

G,DAY,

IF YOU SUBMIT THE APPLICATION IN BANGKOK OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY THE FEE IS $1390, BUT IF YOU APPLY IN AUSTRALIA THE FEE IS $2060 . I KNOW AS I,VE RECENTLY APPLIED FOR AND WAS GRANTED A SPOUSE VISA FOR MY WIFE .I WEIGHED UP THE PRICE DIFFERENCES, DECIDED THAT IT WAS EASIER TO DO THE APPLICATION IN AUSSIE AS MY WIFE WAS THERE ON A TOURIST VISA.

CHEERS N BEERS,LESDUNBAR

PS PLEASE EXCUSE THE CAPS AS I HAVE SEVERE EYE PROBLEMS

Appying for a spouse visa in Australia provided the applicant holds an existing current visa for Australia eg,676 visitor visa

should be considered as an alternative to applying offshore in Bangkok. You have access to licenced migration agents and have access to DIAC who are Australian citizens which make it easier for communication for sponsors.

But first one should check with DIAC in Australia or a licenced migration agent as it may not be available in all cases.

The opinions and experiences of TV members would be welcomed.

G,DAY,

IF YOU SUBMIT THE APPLICATION IN BANGKOK OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY THE FEE IS $1390, BUT IF YOU APPLY IN AUSTRALIA THE FEE IS $2060 . I KNOW AS I,VE RECENTLY APPLIED FOR AND WAS GRANTED A SPOUSE VISA FOR MY WIFE .I WEIGHED UP THE PRICE DIFFERENCES, DECIDED THAT IT WAS EASIER TO DO THE APPLICATION IN AUSSIE AS MY WIFE WAS THERE ON A TOURIST VISA.

CHEERS N BEERS,LESDUNBAR

PS PLEASE EXCUSE THE CAPS AS I HAVE SEVERE EYE PROBLEMS

We applied for the visa for my wife and kids in BKK but I paid the fee at the immigration office in Canberra and I paid the amount of $1390. If you apply for the visa while your wife/gf is in Oz then you pay the $2060 fee.

Maybe its because the immi officials here get a higher salary than the employees at the embassy in BKK

Interesting to note that the $2060 is equal to the amount paid by prospective marriage visa holders from the first application to the temp res visa......$1390 + $670 = $2060...

This should tell you something... :o

Agree with Lesdunbar

Have been told that the failure rate to get a visa for a Thai lady when she applies in Australia is very low compared to the failure rate at the Thai embassy Bangkok

so the extra money is well spend, but have a problem trying to work out the extra charge as there is much less work in Australia

The $2060 covers both temp and full time visa

when you apply in Bangkok is this the same or you must apply again 2 years later for the full time visa the reason for the difference in price

On a prospective spouse visa you pay the $1390 in BKK.....after the marriage you apply for the temp resident visa....this costs $670.

If you apply for a defacto or a spouse (if you have married here while on another visa) visa in Oz, you have pay to pay the cost of both applications in one hit.

I havent seen any charges for the permanant visa....it is applied for on the same application as the spouse visa and should be granted after the 2 year waiting period as long as the conditions are met.

Well, in Germany you just pay for the first Visa around 50 € to get your GF/BF to Germany.

Once you are marryed in Germany, all additional Visa are FREE !

First you get the Marryed Visa (German Visa 6 Month no Schengen Visa !) in Thailand for ca. 50 € so your GF / BF can go to Germany.

In Germany after you get marryed your Wife / Husband get a 1 Y. Visa & Workpermit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis & Arbeitserlaubnis - Schengen Status) for Free.

After this he / she get a 3 Y. Visa & Workpermit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis & Arbeitserlaubnis - Schengen Status) for Free.

And after this, or if you are allready 2 Y. marryed and still to gether he / she will get a "unlimited Visa & Workpermit (Niederlaßungserlaubnis & Arbeitserlaubnis - Schengen Status) for Free.

Application for USA Fiancé VISA is about $ 500 usd, I applied about 3 months ago, now I got a letter from the government, saying that I did not send them all the documents required, ( I did send then everything they asked for) and denied the application for Fiancé Visa , now I have 2 options, I can appeal, which costs about $600.00 and maybe I will win after waiting 3 months for the appeal to go through, or I can re apply ( an other $ 500.00) and start over again, I am so frustrated. ( the fiancé Visa Process takes about 1 year in the USA now), I think I will re-apply, because the appeal might take as much as 3 months and I can still loose and have to start over again any way.

My Opinion: Different county , same Shi…#*@%, All I want to do is Marry the girl I love. So very very frustrating.

Good Luck my friend :o

PS: I would gladly pay $ 2192.00 to have my girl here, :D

for belgium it's 90 euro no matter what kind of visa you ask, this price is for anyone who wants to stay longer than 90 days, after that i believe it's like in germany once everything is ok, the wife will get extension for 5 years and after that she can become belgian if she wishes to.

off subject but: i had a look with belgian embassy, thai nationals can go to belgium for less than 90 days without any visa wich is not the case for france by exemple.

The UK is £515 (a little over US$1,000), but that's just to apply.

After two years in the UK, you then have to apply for ILR which costs a further £750 (about US$1,500)

So - about $2,500 in total.

On these figures, looks like the UK s the dearest place to get a Visa

and Germany or Belgum the cheapest

always though that ones you got a European Union passport in Europe you can travel to the UK

I am wrong or not ?

Australia looks to be the next expensive

And America gives out cheap visas

Application for USA Fiancé VISA is about $ 500 usd, I applied about 3 months ago, now I got a letter from the government, saying that I did not send them all the documents required, ( I did send then everything they asked for) and denied the application for Fiancé Visa , now I have 2 options, I can appeal, which costs about $600.00 and maybe I will win after waiting 3 months for the appeal to go through, or I can re apply ( an other $ 500.00) and start over again, I am so frustrated. ( the fiancé Visa Process takes about 1 year in the USA now), I think I will re-apply, because the appeal might take as much as 3 months and I can still loose and have to start over again any way.

My Opinion: Different county , same Shi…#*@%, All I want to do is Marry the girl I love. So very very frustrating.

Good Luck my friend :o

PS: I would gladly pay $ 2192.00 to have my girl here, :D

Instead of starting the process all over again, hire an immigration attorney to do this for you. (in Thailand or USA) Much less hassle and B*** S%&*. Immigration attorney's know exactly what is needed and to prepare your paperwork so it is streamlined through. good luck!

The UK is known as rip-off Britain for a reason...

When the government talks about taxes, they compare UK taxes to France, Sweden and Germany

When they talk about visa fees, they ONLY EVER compare us to Australia (figuring that most people don't know that Oz has some of the most expensive visas in the world).

Also here in Uk in addition to visa fee's in order to get ILR (Indefinate Leave to Remain) your wife will need to attend college (esol course) so one years fees = $1000 Until last year these courses were free. Welcome to the UK ( as long as you have deep pockets)

So costs are visa fee $1050 / ESOL Course fees $1000 / ILR $1500 so total $3550 ! Oh and don't forget the extra heating bills !

Do not be surprised to see visa fees increase for Australia in the next Federal budget due soon. There has been no increase for a number of years and inflation is now running at over 4%. One should prepare for a 20% increase.

Once a temporary residency visa is granted in Australia the applicant is then entitled to the benefits of Medicare and is able to study English funded by the government for around 500 hours. The applicant can also do unlimited work in Australia.

for belgium it's 90 euro no matter what kind of visa you ask, this price is for anyone who wants to stay longer than 90 days, after that i believe it's like in germany once everything is ok, the wife will get extension for 5 years and after that she can become belgian if she wishes to.

off subject but: i had a look with belgian embassy, thai nationals can go to belgium for less than 90 days without any visa wich is not the case for france by exemple.

not true thai nationals do need a visa to enter belgium the 90 day tourist visa is a schengen visa but you can also aply a short visit visa for six weeks wich is also a tourist visa /schengen visa type c !the visa for my wife and 2 thai kids is a visa type d a long stay visa for belgian based on marriage to a belgian national ! with al the paperwork and translations etc.. i paid about 700us dollars ! on arrival in belgium my wife and the kids got a permit to stay for five moths and after this period of police checks and all the paperwork my wife and kids got a permit to stay and travel to al the chengen states for five years !after this sche can apply for belgian nationality ! the first 5 mond permit she is not aloud to leave the country