Common Sense Pills

stattointhailand

But look at it from her point of view - dog eats flavor X - great - next meal time to make dog happy and eat give it flavour X - repeat this sucessful process until flavour X is gone - difficult thinking time... ... try flavour Y - dog eats it - great repeat earlier learned proceedure with flavour Y.

Thai logic.

if push came to shove this guy sounds like he would take his dog over his wife!

As my wife has told me on many occasions, the farang love their dogs more than they love people, & it is impossible not to agree with her after witnessing the almost daily examples of a dog taking precedence over a child/spouse/person.

Your dog was a deservedly low priority for your wife, as it should be.

The Thai don't have a tradition of keeping pets in the same way as the farang, so don't expect them to love a pet to the same extent as yourself.

Feed it leftover rice, fish bones, food scraps & keep it outside. It will survive quite nicely.

My pedantic reset button just popped out reading the highlighted text. Dogs don't generally do well with white rice. The starch / carbohydrates can give them diabetes. Fish bones will stick in their throats, too.

Remind me not to leave my pooch with you, next time I have to go offshore... :o

It was all your fault.

You either didn't leave a can opener, or if the dog food was in plastic packs, you didn't leave written instructions on how to open them. :D

Reminds me of the time I went on vacation. I was gone for an entire week. I left 14 cans of dog food for my cocker spaniel right next to the can opener. Funny thing was when I returned all 14 cans were still there, unopened, and my dog was 10 lbs lighter.... :o

Let me ask this:

If your dog is barking at the back door to be let in and your wife is yelling at the same time at the front door to also be let in, who would you let in first?

Your dog, of course, because you know once he's in he'll shut up. :o

As my wife has told me on many occasions, the farang love their dogs more than they love people, & it is impossible not to agree with her after witnessing the almost daily examples of a dog taking precedence over a child/spouse/person.

Your dog was a deservedly low priority for your wife, as it should be.

The Thai don't have a tradition of keeping pets in the same way as the farang, so don't expect them to love a pet to the same extent as yourself.

Feed it leftover rice, fish bones, food scraps & keep it outside. It will survive quite nicely.

My pedantic reset button just popped out reading the highlighted text. Dogs don't generally do well with white rice. The starch / carbohydrates can give them diabetes. Fish bones will stick in their throats, too.

Remind me not to leave my pooch with you, next time I have to go offshore... :o

Maybe spend a little more time in Thailand & you will see that 99% of the dogs live on leftover rice, fish bones, chicken bones & other food scraps.

Granted some don't look so good, but all the ones that I have seen that have a home/owner, all look healthy & they all only get food scraps to eat.

It was all your fault.

You either didn't leave a can opener, or if the dog food was in plastic packs, you didn't leave written instructions on how to open them. :D

Reminds me of the time I went on vacation. I was gone for an entire week. I left 14 cans of dog food for my cocker spaniel right next to the can opener. Funny thing was when I returned all 14 cans were still there, unopened, and my dog was 10 lbs lighter.... :o

Did you bother to train your dog to use the can opener ??