How Do You Find Markets For Your Produces?

ezzra

Hi All,

A friend of mine lamented about the difficulties of selling his farm’s produce at a reasonable price and to reach the right tables that appreciate his high quality “ hand made” grown vegetables, tomatoes, bell peppers and salad greens,

So much so that he is about to throw the towel in in despair and disgust at the local market fresh produce merchants manipulators,

I know that it is imperative and prudent to find a market for your produce BEFORE you start to your venture,

So, how do you go about finding good people to deal with?

Thanks All,

Unfortunately,there is little profit in fruit and veggies for the growers,especially considering the cost and effort to produce good product.

Thais buy on price only,so they go for the best product which is the same price as every other seller. (no premium for quality).

Veggies in the markets go through a wholesale>retail system and are IMHO still cheap at their retail price so spare a thought for the ridiculous price the grower must have got for all his hard work.

So, how do you go about finding good people to deal with?

I know that Makro (in Sisaket anyway) do buy locally grown produce.

We grow a considerable amount of what are normally considered Thai products - chillies, egg plants, marrows, tomatoes, beans, etc. etc. and find we get the best prices selling direct at markets - hard work and long hours but ofen the only way to get a reasonable price. The price of chillies has been particularly poor this year due to an influx of cheaper Cambodian product, so we dry more and will sell them later.