Baht Against The Euro

I have just got Baht 51.66 at the bank to the EURO.

Looks ok to me for cash-buying.

The live mid-market rates jabe been

as of 2004.10.22 07:52:52 GMT.

1.00 EUR

Euro = 52.1393 THB

Thailand Baht

1 EUR = 52.1393 THB 1 THB = 0.0191794 EUR

Mind you these are mid-market rates incl. TTS and TTB.

Yes, I thought it seemed strange but I checked in a downtown Khon Kaen branch of BKK bank a few months ago because I had thousands of US Dollars in cash on me and wanted rid of it quick for safety reasons. They told me I could deposit and hold it in USD but had to withdraw in Baht. I declined because the Forex rate was <deleted> at the time (still is for that matter :o ) and dropped it into a safe deposit box.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they informed me incorrectly. The branch down the road would probably be singing from a different hymn sheet.

Thanks for the information. I hope to go back to LOS in couple of months and will give it a try.

A classmate of mine who just came back to the States claimed that I would need a one year visa to open an account. Is that true? Another chap who had lived in LOS for 15 years said I'd need at least $25,000 to open one. I wanted to keep it under $10K due to US laws. But if you can only take it out in baht, a thousand US in the account and a safety deposit box sounds optimal.

What do I need to open a savings account for about $1,000 and a safety deposit box?