Apple Macbook 13.3 Screen In Chiang Mai

tipsy

Hi,

Does anyone have for sale or know where i can buy a 13.3inch screen for an Apple Macbook. I have been to the Apple shop in Central and they have quoted me 30,000 baht... which is crazy as the laptop itself costs 40,000

Thanks

Hi,

Does anyone have for sale or know where i can buy a 13.3inch screen for an Apple Macbook. I have been to the Apple shop in Central and they have quoted me 30,000 baht... which is crazy as the laptop itself costs 40,000

Thanks

You may want to go to Panthip Plaza on the 3rd floor ....room 3118 ....tel # 089 5602584 .....at the top of escalator turn right and go to the very end....there is a shop there that repairs lap tops, pc's, printers ....just about anything electronic ....He is honest , speaks fair english and very good and has all kinds of spare parts ....he may just have an Apple Screen ..... Worth a call or a try....!

I had my Toshiba lap top repaired there,....the screen went and all 8 places I went to for a solution said = new mother board at 25,000 to 30,000 Baht....(Bangalore India as well as Chiang Mai ) ...May as well buy a new lap top which I did but kept this one cause I really ike it.....

My daughter's lap top had a problem with the power supply which cord which melted down and couldn't therefore be plugged in and of course battery couldn't be charged...same story = new mother board...and then someone suggested this guy...fixed it in 2 hours ....had a spare power adapter for her unknown Brand "Averatec" and back she was to work ....so I brought him my Toshiba= Fixed in 4 hours...repaired the mother board and am sending this reply on that very same lap top .....cost 2,200 Baht .... so yeah try him out ////....and here is a good chance place to start a thread on GOOD GUYS IN CHIANG MAI :D:D:o

Replacing the screen on a PowerBook is not an easy task. I replaced the screen on my 17-inch PowerBook. The screen cam from ifixit.com in the US. They advised against just replacing the screen and classified as an extremely difficult job. They were right. Took more than three hours to disassemble and assemble. Lots and lots of hidden clips.

Replacing the screen on a PowerBook is not an easy task. I replaced the screen on my 17-inch PowerBook. The screen cam from ifixit.com in the US. They advised against just replacing the screen and classified as an extremely difficult job. They were right. Took more than three hours to disassemble and assemble. Lots and lots of hidden clips.

True..... but i think worth a try to just go to this guy at Pantip Plaza (Room 3118 ) and let him look at it and see what he can do or suggest cause he's pretty good and saved me a lot of money. When a job is difficult of course everybody shys away from the task and directs you the more expensive way / route ....like with me ...Everybody said =" You need a new mother board ...yes @ 25,000 to 30,000 Baht" ....well he fixed the mother board which nobody but nobody would do .....and cost me 2,200 Baht ....A little saving of only 22,000 to 28,000 Baht .....If he can't do it or find a solution ...he will tell you ....just worht a try before you go spending all kinds of crazy money....

He also saved me a lot of money on my daughter's Averatec lap top ....everybody was saying needed a new power chip and of course a new plug which ouldn't find anywhere .....He fixed it for 1,000 Baht and since Averatec is not comon here and couldn't find a new plug, he manged to organize one from spares he had (combination of an IBM one and part of her existing one )

• 2 weeks later...

I hate finding replacement for any laptop screen. I have to say this because my old laptop was an Acer and it cost 70% of the price of the laptop itself to get the screen fixed. Unbelievingly expensive, but it seems to be normal.

It costed me USD650 to get my MBP17" screen fixed. Luckily, my insurance covered 80% of it.