Vertigo Bar (banyan Tree - Sathorn)

Dont Panic

I want to take 4 people out for dinner and a few drinks (not champagne)…..how much will it cost roughly?

cheers

Back in 2005, we had couple of drinks for aroung 250 baht per drink, later in 2007, I found rates around 350 baht. I am not sure about dinner, but should not cost you more than 10,000 baht all inclusive. :o

Drinks at the bar (lounge area) cost about 350 with unlimited refills on the cashew nuts!

Dinner will cost about 1500 per head to include entree and starter or salad. Water is free and served with delicious bread/snacks!

Food was ok - but I just thought it was a bit dark versus Scriocco which has more light and live jazz musick playing above you.

I want to take 4 people out for dinner and a few drinks (not champagne)…..how much will it cost roughly?

cheers

middle of the road price Steak & Chips and a few drinkies each = 20,000 minimum I reckon.

Fantastic experience though. Worth it if you are treating someone

Drinks at the bar (lounge area) cost about 350 with unlimited refills on the cashew nuts!

Dinner will cost about 1500 per head to include entree and starter or salad. Water is free and served with delicious bread/snacks!

Food was ok - but I just thought it was a bit dark versus Scriocco which has more light and live jazz musick playing above you.

great.......not too expensive! Where's Scriocco and is it the same price?

great.......not too expensive! Where's Scriocco and is it the same price?

I've eaten there and can't imagine 1500 for dinner with side. I find drinks for 2 run 1500. I think it's a lot closer to 4000 per person for dinner. When went there it was over 8000 for two of us with a few drinks but not a bottle of wine. Check before you go unless money is no object.

edit: here are some prices off a review

B1,300 Vertigo Appetizer Plate

B2,500 Grilled Live Phuket Lobster with Fragrant Thai Herbs and spices

B3,400 The Vertigo Seafood Platter (for two)

B5,500 Kobe Beef Striploin – 400 gm

B6,500 Matsusaka Beef Striploin – 400 gm

Edited by Valjean

Its a place everyone must try once.

Dark

Windy

Noisy from the roof aircon units

Pricey

Food just average

I haven't been back. The best part is when it starts to rain and watch everyone run for cover.

But I do enjoy Saffron Thai restaurant a few floors down. Great Thai food, quiet, romantic, nice view. Then I stop by the roof top for a quick drink before heading home.

Wouldn't advise it on a day that looks like rain. But the roof top restaurant is a very nice place on a nice day. Had a very nice romantic meal for two, on the top level of the roof top a couple of months ago. Close to the edge so you can overlook the city.

Think someone above mentioned about being sat next to noisy aircon. There are a lot of nice places to sit and just chill and enjoy, but some of the seating is not well placed. So exercise your rights and move if you aren't sat where you want... Mid-week shouldn't be a problem. :o

Total cost was about 12-14k (can't remember the exact amount). That was for two set (gourmet) dinners. Food was very nice - about 7 courses in small portions so it was just right, a bottle of wine and a glass of champagne each. Drinks were about half and food the other half. Recall champagne being about 500 a glass... :D

.......champagne being about 500 a glass... :o

Was it poured from the bottle at the table, remember the Name?

Have may doubts, about the price, that it was real "champagne" - guess it was "sparkling wine" only, then it was expensive, but then...!

An Alternative:

Ban Kanitha

or:

Blue Elephant

Basil in the Sheraton Grande Skhumvit

Cafe Ice - 44/2 Pipat Soi 2, Sathorn Soi 8, Bangkok 10500

Celadon - Sukhothai Hotel, 13/3 South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120

Indus - 71 Sukhumvit Soi 26, Bangkok 10110 (Thai-Indian) (Indo-Moroccan)

Bussacaram - 139 Sethiwan Tower, Pan Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok,

Edited by Samuian

I ate at Vertigo once. I actually had a good meal but my wife was not impressed with her meal. She loves the fruity drinks with the dry ice though. Vertigo is a great place to have a couple of drinks, although you definitely pay for it, but seeing the city from that level is worth it in my opinion.

I think that a much better option for price, food, drink, and ambiance is taking a dinner cruise up and down the Chao Phraya (I think I spelled it right? :o ) river. The misses and I have done the dinner cruise many times, alone and with friends and always had a good time. :D

Me and the missus went when it first opened. Then it was not too pricy. Had a good enough meal, but the whole evening for me was spoiled, when she did the normal Thai thing, and when we got to street level headed off to the nearest Somtam stall for some decent food.