Need Some Advice On Nice Places...to Go

Datsun240Z

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right part of the forum to ask this. Anyhow, i'm going to my girlfriend in August to get to know each other better and have a nice time etc. And we'r both still looking fore some nice places where we can go to, and where we are more alone together, well you know :o

We like the north /east of thailand also very much...but also like a week at the beach for instance...

My girlfriend can't swim.... :D But we can have fun time at the beach.

Anyhow we love to plan it a bit, so we don't have to deal with it there....

Somebody here must have good experiences and can give us some information on this :D Thnx for your effort.

Bart.

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right part of the forum to ask this. Anyhow, i'm going to my girlfriend in August to get to know each other better and have a nice time etc. And we'r both still looking fore some nice places where we can go to, and where we are more alone together, well you know :o

We like the north /east of thailand also very much...but also like a week at the beach for instance...

My girlfriend can't swim.... :D But we can have fun time at the beach.

Anyhow we love to plan it a bit, so we don't have to deal with it there....

Somebody here must have good experiences and can give us some information on this :D Thnx for your effort.

Bart.

Bit vague about what you want but hope this helps. If not feel free to ignore it. I haven't personally done this but a few of my friends have. In Phuket on any beach find a longtail boat driver and tell him you want to go to an "quiet" island for a day (or longer...depends on your mood). He'll get the idea and you can negotiate from there.

Get a map and a Thailand tourist book, plan the amount of time that you have together and the places that you need to visit. Hire a car from the airport, Bangkok or Pattaya and then drive down to Koh Chang for some beach and five star hotels then up to Issan to visit the 'family' which is surely on her list of things that you should do.

Google the towns en route so you have a list of hotels to stay at during your trip.

Being able to swim is really one of the basic life skills like being able to make fire, treat a wound or feed yourself. Read up on the subject from the many websites on the subject. Many hotel's pools are designed for children's use, shallow and so ideal to teach a novice. The swiming part is easy - the difficult part is overcoming the fear of water. For Thai girls with long hair, the act of putting one's head underwater is a killer as when they surface the water running down off the face and hair can block the mouth adding to the sense of panic. Teach her to keep her face parallel to the water when she surfaces, the water falls away and she can breath at once. Building confidence is the key to getting her into the water. Take it easy without pressure - oh and get some nice swimwear for her.

Have fun.

KO samet is quiet and beautiful. Most hotels have outdoor barbecues on the beach every night. They put out a nice choice of fish and stuff that you pick and they cook.

From the dating point of view, if you two are relatively new together and don't have a lot of experiences to share and talk about yet, quiet, out of the way places might not be the best. One can run out of things to talk about. You might want to plan on doing something every day. For instance if in Pattaya area, go to Nong Nooch tropical garden. If in Chaing Mai go to one of the bigger temples. If in Bangkok, try the National Museum in case some culture and history is of interest. I am sure others can suggest things to do in the North or Issan areas.