Thailand Residency

I am approaching retirement age soon,and will be reloacting to Thailand from Australia with my Thai g/f,who has resided in Aus for approx 10 yrs.

Firstly can she stay back in Thailand?

Can i stay in Thailand if i apply in aus for an O visa,then once in thailand change to an OA.report to local office with all relevant documentation every 90 days?

Have the required 65.000 bht coming in each month

How much would i have to have in my account as well as the monies coming in each month? is it approx 800.000 bht.

Hopefully some kind person can advise me.

Many thanks.

She is Thai so can return at any time. She should return using her Thai passport and if expired obtain a new one to use before travel.

You can enter on a non immigrant O (or anything really) and extend your stay on the basis of retirement with 65k as in a letter from your Embassy or 800k in a Thai account for 3 months or a combination of the two. There is no set requirement on incoming funds (your lifestyle will set that).

Once on a one year extension you have to make address reports every 90 days but that can be done by mail or by someone else if more convenient.

Yes. Whatever suits you.

The 65,000 income requires you getting a letter from you Embassy every year.

The 800,000 in the bank require it to be there 3 months before you apply.

You could even get it with 40,000 a month salary based on your marriage, but it is a lot more hassle.

The retirement option is much easier.

Just for clarification, an O visa cannot be converted to an O-A.

You will simply be applying for a one year extension of the O visa, based on retirement.

By far the simplest way of doing it, IMHO.

O-A visas can only be issued by a Thai Embassy overseas.

Just for clarification, an O visa cannot be converted to an O-A.

You will simply be applying for a one year extension of the O visa, based on retirement.

By far the simplest way of doing it, IMHO.

O-A visas can only be issued by a Thai Embassy overseas.

Excellent info many thanks Astral for the quick response.

She is Thai so can return at any time. She should return using her Thai passport and if expired obtain a new one to use before travel.

You can enter on a non immigrant O (or anything really) and extend your stay on the basis of retirement with 65k as in a letter from your Embassy or 800k in a Thai account for 3 months or a combination of the two. There is no set requirement on incoming funds (your lifestyle will set that).

Once on a one year extension you have to make address reports every 90 days but that can be done by mail or by someone else if more convenient.

Thanx for the info,also re my ladies passport have always had big dramas with her when we travelled to the u.k etc and thailand? as her passport does NOT have her date of birth?? only year of birth? how this got approved who knows,but will definately have this sorted when we relocate.

Once again thanx

Yes. Whatever suits you.

The 65,000 income requires you getting a letter from you Embassy every year.

The 800,000 in the bank require it to be there 3 months before you apply.

You could even get it with 40,000 a month salary based on your marriage, but it is a lot more hassle.

The retirement option is much easier.

Thanx lite beer for the info much appreciated,maybe catch up for a full strength beer?

Wow!...a new one on me...so, if I apply to extend my one year, multi - entry, non - imm. 'O' visa which was issued to me based upon marriage to a Thai I can do so based upon retirement in Thailand with 800,000 baht in a thai bank account for which I can demonstrate that the funds have been in the account for 3 months prior to the extension application? I am not required to extend based upon marriage with the associated income requirements?...and no affidavit required from my embassy?

welllll...I'm not as persecuted as I had previously believed... :o

Yes to all your questions. You will just need your savings account book and a copy of it, plus a letter from the bank confirming the account balance to satisfy the finance requirements.

--

Maestro

Yes to all your questions. You will just need your savings account book and a copy of it, plus a letter from the bank confirming the account balance to satisfy the finance requirements.

--

Maestro

Providing you are 50 or over.