Thailand In The Rainy Season

arncap

I'm flying in to Bangkok with my wife and 2-year old boy at the end of July for 2 weeks. We've been there 3 times before and visited such places as Ko Chang (Trat), Phuket, and Chiang Mai. Where would be the best area to go during the rainy season? I have heard southern Thailand, probably the southeast would be best to avoid the tremendous heat, humidity and rain. Any suggestions?

THANKS.

July/August isn't the rainy Season in the South is it ??

I've been on Samui for 5 years & never thought it was, i always thought rainy Season was End of October possibly throught o the start of December ??

There's always a chance of rain here though, no matter what time of year & when i say rain, i mean serious rain.. :o

I have been in Thailand 8 times covering times in the months of March, april, may, june, August, september, october, november, december. Usually only between bangkok and pattaya with a few days on ko samet. Never had any serious rains. I have not been there from sept 11 through october 9, which is near the peak rains according to the weather stats. Having grown up in New England, the Thai rainy season is still less than Rhode Island's rain totals, and the rains are usually shorter. Of course a monsoon could stick around for a day or a few days but I haven't had those yet. Basically, from my flexible single point of view, I would go there any time of the year. But I travel light with just a carry on that Rick Steves sells on his website. I watched his European travel shows and browsed his website and I like his ideas on traveling. Carryon gets you through customs fast. Nothing to lose. And you really don't need as much as you think. These new security bans on liquids and stuff is no big deal. I think it is fun to try and by toothpaste or soap in a foreign store.

Sorry, I am straying. I am watching that Model show on VH-1. I think it is a repeat but it is the one where they are filming in Thailand. Gosh I am LOS sick!