K Web Shopping Card

With the K Web shopping card do you actually have a physical card or do you just have the card number and other details that would be on the card?

Has anyone used the K Web Shopping card to buy airline tickets? I think you have to show the actual card that was used to purchase the tickets at check in.

I have a debit card which I can use in shops but cannot use it on the internet.

It's a virtual card, so you just have the card details and no physical card. I have used mine to book flights on Air Asia and I was not asked to show the card at check-in. I queried with the bank beforehand though and they said you usually won't be asked to show a card if the booking name and name on card match. You may be asked to show a card if you are booking tickets for someone else though.

I used to fly in/out of LOS twice or three times a month and never been asked for the card. Some companies (Emirates) require that the owner of the card is one of the passengers.

Also, for all of you who are using Kasikorn WebCard, don't forget to apply for the 'verified by Visa' stuff otherwise the card could be sometimes rejected by some banks/online websites.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have never showed my credit card on all my usa to thailand trips and back. Starting from the USA, i buy the tickets online, go to the airport and show my passport and get the tickets. Returning from Thailand, I go to the airport, get in the ticket counter line show my passport and get my ticket. 8 trips now. Each time the passport was all that was needed at the ticket counter. Just my experience.

I have heard all the stories about credit card and name matching the traveler, tickets for the wife, friend, etc. I have been alone and none of those issues were relevent.