Have You Lost A Friend In Pattaya

Rimmer

Have you lost a friend whilst you have lived in Pattaya either by natural or un natural causes?

I personally have lost four friends, one to a motorbike accident and three to plastic bags on the head and zip ties around the wrists. But none as yet to natural causes.

Ive lost a few to bgs,.I actually havent lost a friend ,but there was a guy i knew from my home town called neil that disapeared, his mother was often on tv and in the papers making pleas, thats 4 years ago, if you had known him you would possibly know why hes disapeared, arraogant open thai hater, im glad to see the back of him but feel sorry for his family,.a lot lose the plot here but as yet i havent lost a friend,lets hope it stays that way,.

Last year I lost dear Noel (some of you may remember him on Thai Visa)) to cancer, Jimmy (my age), to an aneurysm , and Peter (my age) to complications brought on by an excess of alcohol.

Then this year Helicopter, with whom I had a passing acquaintance.

Then also last year there was Hatch (heart attack), who ran Q cars in Bangkok.

I had known Jimmy and Peter for over 25 years.

No suicides - to my knowledge.

You never know when your time is up, so make the most of the life you have.

RIP to all of them

I just lost my very good friend 2 weeks ago to cancer, from being all go to dying in 6 months, very sad and we are many that miss him very much.

RIP to Don.

His English family sent this poem to be read at his service, I think it was very beautiful.

Do not stand at my grave and weep;

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;

I am not there. I did not die.

I just lost my very good friend 2 weeks ago to cancer, from being all go to dying in 6 months, very sad and we are many that miss him very much.

RIP to Don.

His English family sent this poem to be read at his service, I think it was very beautiful.

That poem was also read at the first funeral I went to for a friend in Thailand, at Wat Chaimonkol some 20 years ago now. It was for Bob Price, part owner of Sugar Shack bar when it was located on the corner of Pattayaland1 and Beach Road. The poem was found on a clipping in his wallet and was also translated into Thai for the service.

Been to three funerals so far in my time in Thailand. All natural causes, although none of them really had a 'full innings'. RIP

RIP "M-A-H" who was a TV reader and Pattaya expat.

You are only not with us today because I wasn't there on that terrible night. I live with the anger that I was your true friend who would never let you be in harm's way while others claiming to be your friends led you to your death. :o

RIP to Don.

Very beautiful poem thank you for sharing it with us,

RIP Don

Rather a morose thread to start the day.

Having lived here some years I too have lost friends, the Pattaya lifestyle can be brutal, 3 of those who have passed on, surprisingly in this day and age, their untimely demises were directly attributed to smoking.

I have not lost a friend to Death in Pattaya, but i certainly lost what i thought was a good friend due to stealing from me. I considered this person to be a very close friend for a long time, until they slept at my house, and when i was sleeping, they ransacked my house and stole 6 Baht of gold, my Camera and other items, then completely vanished - never to be seen again. I consider that I did in fact lose a friend in Pattaya.

I have not lost a friend to Death in Pattaya, but i certainly lost what i thought was a good friend due to stealing from me. I considered this person to be a very close friend for a long time, until they slept at my house, and when i was sleeping, they ransacked my house and stole 6 Baht of gold, my Camera and other items, then completely vanished - never to be seen again. I consider that I did in fact lose a friend in Pattaya.

Pattaya_girl:

You didn't lose a friend. A true friend would never do this.

Was the friend thai or farang pattayagirl.

I was also a friend of this person and he did seem like a true friend. He went to work in Bangkok, and then came to visit Pattaya_girl {hence staying at her house}. Unfortunately, he had become a Yaba addict since he moved to Bangkok, unknown to us. He was Thai.

He was a true friend at one time, however, the Yaba overpowered his friendship in the end, it seems. :o

Lost a few friends, mostly road accidents, with the last one being a member here.

Two suicides, one couldn't handle returning back after spending all his dosh and his (well to do) family refused to continue sponsoring his life style, the other after his wife of 17 years left him, and took all his worldly possessions with her!

Another from throat cancer (smoking). One from an alcohol destroyed liver (bar owner!)...

A few more casual friends I probably forgot over the years :o

But that's over 15 years!

Yep. Back when I lived in a Pattaya slum, a neighbor friend of mine died, retired brickie from Surrey, funny bloke who took out as many girls as 'e could afford on 'is modest nut. Once told me 'e couldn't stand condoms and "never 'ad a problem, knock on wood" as he knocked on a plastic table where we was 'avin' a coupla beers. A few years later 'e died of AIDS in Banglamung Hospital and was cremated at Wat Sawang Fa. I helped scatter 'is ashes in Pattaya Bay. He needn't have worried about his long overstayed visa after all.

Another guy, early 40s, took out 3 girls back to his room, got drunk as a skunk, quaffed several Kamagras, and while taking a shower slipped and hit his head on the door sill. The slip could have been owing to a heart attack. Died before the ambulance could arrive.

Couple of guys disappeared. One who claimed to be "nearly a doctor" (a surprising number of farang washed up in Thailand claiming medical credentials) fell in love with a tough old hooker and--well, I like to think he moved upcountry and found happiness. Another, fake teacher w/ Kao San Road degree, a young reckless sex addict always in debt, often drunk on beer and ganga, and sometimes out of control, finally got blacklisted from teaching and thought he'd do well in Cambodia, where the more intelligent natives would recognize his talents and abilities while staying out of his face. Got a few emails over a year and then suddenly nothing. His was a classic example of young men having not much to their names but their fanatical desire to live in Pattaya and waste themselves.

Edited by JSixpack

As I reported two years ago (see link below) a friend of mine a bar owner disappeared and I suspected that his (shrunken) head was on display in Ripleys museum in the Royal Garden Plaza.

Following a letter to the Pattaya Mail, the shrunken head was removed from display, and now just a single shrunken head remains on display.

NOTE: For general interest purposes:

I understand that following decapitation the skull is removed and the skin of the head is boiled in tannin then placed in hot sand, thus creating a perfect shrunken head of the victim.

LINK BELOW

Missing friend in Pattaya

Edited by libya 115

I had a friend of 2 & 1/2 years that was down on his luck. With all the changes to immigration yearly paperwork he couldn't afford the baht in the bank requirements. So he moved to Sioukenville Cambodia & I suspected took himself out. he couldn't cope with going back to the U.S. & make some more dough to live here. He is definitely missing in action.

Any on here remember mad Kenny Cook ? Rude and obnoxious as he was, I sorta had a soft spot for him RIP.

Sure, I remember Kenny. He went downhill after his accident.

I could name quite a few over the years. Many of them were in BKK but quite a few in Pattaya. RIP.

Haven't lost any (permanently, yet), but there are a couple I've tried to lose. Unfortunately, by the time I realised I'd like to lose them, they knew where I lived. :o

(Got lucky for awhile though, as 2 of them ran out of money and had to go home. But, one of them got a job somehow, and is returning to Pattaya on holidays. Good news is we are on different schedules and aren't likely to run into each other too often).

Have you lost a friend whilst you have lived in Pattaya either by natural or un natural causes?

I personally have lost four friends, one to a motorbike accident and three to plastic bags on the head and zip ties around the wrists. But none as yet to natural causes.

I feel the plastic bags and zipties comment needs explaining.

I feel the plastic bags and zipties comment needs explaining.

I took it to be a euphemism for suicide.

i also lost a friend in Pattaya ,but not through death ,in short i had found a woman to do his interior decorating ,i was to recieve a commision ,which she did not want to pay ,so lied to him about me. i could prove the lies and was about to ,in fact i had written to him but was stopped by my wife from sending it ,as she said "if he was really your friend he would believe you ,not some stranger working for him who he hardly knows , its him thats lost a friend ,not you" very wise these thai women.