How Can I Call My Friends In Thailand? Skype Doesn't Cut It, And Are Some Sims Better?

interest

Hi I'm trying to call my firends in Thailand.

I've tried skype and calling cards, and both are pretty bad. Not really sure why, but I get over and over again (mai lek tee koon riek, mai saab...). I wonder what a better way to get through is, or if there's something I don't know about calling thailand. When I lived there occasionally the servers were bad, but nothing like this.

Also, are some sims better than others. I know there are different types. Are some good at receving long distance calls, while others are no good for that.

Thanks for any much appreciated help.

J

Hi I'm trying to call my firends in Thailand.

I've tried skype and calling cards, and both are pretty bad. Not really sure why, but I get over and over again (mai lek tee koon riek, mai saab...). I wonder what a better way to get through is, or if there's something I don't know about calling thailand. When I lived there occasionally the servers were bad, but nothing like this.

Also, are some sims better than others. I know there are different types. Are some good at receving long distance calls, while others are no good for that.

Thanks for any much appreciated help.

J

We like jajah.com. US to Thailand at 4.7 cents/min. You can initiate the calls from a website. So we can give my wife's relatives her account info and they can initiate the call at our expense, which is helpful to us. Call quality seems to be ok. No cuts yet.

• 1 month later...

mobivox.com good conection(from us anyway) 1.9cents us a min. can call from landline, mobile to landline mobile on both sides of the pond. Best thing is no expired min, no monthly maint fees , and voice recognition software just say the name and it does all the work......

seems i have been writing these words alot lately replying to cheap calling to from us thai................

Edited by INDI12

if you are calling from the US, I use Vonage.  BUT  you need a fast internet connection. I pay $39/month, unlimited calls to Thailand.  But I'm talking to my gf, so I call twice a day one hour each time.......the other good thing about vonage is that if I'm traveling in the US, I can forward my vonage number to her cell in Thailand (included) then I just call a US number on my cell which includes free long distance.

If you’re calling from Andorra...

If you’re calling from Vanuatu...

If you’re calling from Uruguay..

How many countries are there in the world now? Over 200, I believe. It would indeed be useful if the OP came and told us from what country he is calling Thailand.

--

Maestro

I frequently communicate with friends and family from all over the world using Skype from my home in Thailand and although it’s not perfect I have found Skype excellent at most times, plus of course it’s a free service for computer to computer.

Perhaps the OP doesn’t have his computer configured properly or his contacts don’t have the skills to set it up.

If you're calling from Andorra...

If you're calling from Vanuatu...

If you're calling from Uruguay..

How many countries are there in the world now? Over 200, I believe. It would indeed be useful if the OP came and told us from what country he is calling Thailand.

--

Maestro

Exactly.

I'm in the UK and using Rebtel (rebtel.com) I can call a thai mobile for 2p a minute and the line has always been really good.

maybe you should try telesavers.co.uk , its half the price that you are paying at present.

The best deal arround in my opinion is offered by www.Voipdiscount.com.

Just download the client software, pay 10 Euro and for 120 days you can make free voip calls to landline and mobile numbers in Thailand no matter where on the world you are (max 300 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days).

After that a call low charge applies. See their website for more details.

You can configure your own sip device, if you prefer not to call from your computer.

For some countries they even have local access numbers that you can call with your mobile (at local call charge), the international leg of the call will then be a free or at least inexpensive voip call. This works out much cheaper than making a direct international call with the mobile phone company.

I have been using their service for 2 years and I can only recommend it. Making international phone calls has never been cheaper. I use it now even for local calls in my home country.