Visa Type

Hi folks

I'm would just like to know as I'm in the process of corresponding with a possible future employer to work in Thailand.

I'm British, the employer is British but the company was set up in Australia.

I would be working on-site at the customer, which is in Thailand. I think it may the customer who has to apply for the work permit for me.

I know I have to apply for a non-immigrant visa, but I don't know which type?

Can I apply at The Royal Thai Embassy in Liverpool for the non-im visa?

How do I apply / how long does it take to process?

Thanks very much

Hi folks

I'm would just like to know as I'm in the process of corresponding with a possible future employer to work in Thailand.

I'm British, the employer is British but the company was set up in Australia.

I would be working on-site at the customer, which is in Thailand. I think it may the customer who has to apply for the work permit for me.

I know I have to apply for a non-immigrant visa, but I don't know which type?

Can I apply at The Royal Thai Embassy in Liverpool for the non-im visa?

How do I apply / how long does it take to process?

Thanks very much

You will need a one year multiple entry non immigrant B visa. This will give you multiple 90 day entries up to the 'Enter Before' date, which is normally one year from the date of issue of the visa. Thus you have a visa for almost the first 15 months in Thailand, you will just need to visit the border (out/straight back in) every 90 days of you stay there.

I have seen a number of posts where people say Liverpool Consulate is not helpful.

However the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull is very helpful and you can deal with them by post. You may only require a letter of invitation.

Don't go to the Thai Embassy in London, they are very strict.

Outside of South East Asia you will not require too much paperwork, maybe just a letter of invitation. But for reference here is the full list of required documents: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2492