Lcd Tv Bargain Price

benz123

I have Lost my telephone, Is there anyway of getting a new sim card and changing it to my old number that I have had for years, AIS pay as you go. ?

I don't care about the phone , but my old number was quite important to me.

It's not the end of the oworld but would make life easier if I could get the original number back.

Thanks guys. :o

any deals on 42"? LCD or plasma

Big C have a 42" Phillips for TB 35000

But why not get one that is high def capable - cost about TB 10,000 more

Tesco,koh samui...samsung plasma 42"=29k bht.....lg plasma 42"= in homepro 29k bht....

Full HD not important i guess but whats important is 100Hz motion. hate to see blur fast movements.

Tesco,koh samui...samsung plasma 42"=29k bht.....lg plasma 42"= in homepro 29k bht....

Full HD not important i guess but whats important is 100Hz motion. hate to see blur fast movements.

hz and refresh rate is not quite the same in a LCD as it was on CRT's.. CRTs had an electron beam that scanned the screen, LCD's provide constant light to the screen so dont cycle like that.. they both operate on PAL at 50z update of information but thats not the same as update of light.

If you want a TV that doesnt exhibit smearing then you want to look for response time in ms.. Thats the spec in LCD terms that covers smearing.

:o

I have Lost my telephone, Is there anyway of getting a new sim card and changing it to my old number that I have had for years, AIS pay as you go. ?

I don't care about the phone , but my old number was quite important to me.

It's not the end of the oworld but would make life easier if I could get the original number back.

Thanks guys. :D

:D but lets help the guy!

Should be no problem. Go and see AIS - I dont know where you are - and take proof it is yours.

EG: When I lost my DTAC, went to Sri Racha office. They asked who I last called. I replied I could not remember but showed them my "Standby phone" and the numbers called were the same. Could also tell them the last time I topped up and how much.

They "Registered" the number and now is it far easier. Just show your passport and plain sailing...

The worst thing I find is losing the numbers, so back them up monthly...

32" no namers in Forture tower from 12,000

22" no namers in Carefore from 8,000

Both support 1920x1080i on hdmi

Edited by joncl

I recently compared the prices of LCD and Plasma TVs between various shops, and I found the cheapest place: www.SRC-HomeLCD.com.

I bought a 50" LG Plasma TV, and the price was 10K baht lower price than in Powerbuy and Homepro. The shop is at Lad Phrao road.

In general, Plasma TVs are better for the large TVs, as the refresh rate is faster than LCD, and the price of very large LCD is too high. I am happy with 50" Plasma TV - they also have 42" Plasmas.

For 42" TV, I would recommend Panasonic 42PV70MT for 28.490 baht!! This is great price, as the new model will soon be there....

Also there is LG 42PG20R. This is the 42" model of the same TV I bought. I am happy with it. The price is not given on the web site.

For smaller TV, there is LG 26LG30R LCD for just 15000 baht!

For smaller TV (22"-32"), the LCDs are the best, and I think you can;t buy Plasma at all in that size.

I thought I might pop this question in here as it is the most recent thread discussing LCD televisions / monitors.

Driving a 1080p display from a computer , what is the best input to use ? VGA , DVI or HDMI ?

some motherboards and Video cards now have HDMI output - some LCDs have VGA input - do any of the big LCDs have DVI input ?

any opinions and logic on this would be appreciated.

thanks

Get a good brand namne like Samsung instead of those no namers even tho the price diff is big.

Pray tell us why is this?

Because they look a heck of a lot better. Just compare in the shop.

Last time I checked Samsung looked the best, Sony was great as well, but for a higher price, LG looked pretty good too. Others (also brand names, they didn't have no names where I looked) seemed washed out compared to these Samsungs. Color/brilliance/brightness/contrast are pretty different between manufacturers, and much more important than specs.

If I had to take a guess how a random no-name LCD would look next to these... well, surprises are possible but chances are they'd have a considerably worse picture quality. Just guessing.

Get a good brand namne like Samsung instead of those no namers even tho the price diff is big.

Last time I checked Samsung looked the best, Sony was great as well, but for a higher price, LG looked pretty good too. Others (also brand names, they didn't have no names where I looked) seemed washed out compared to these Samsungs. Color/brilliance/brightness/contrast are pretty different between manufacturers, and much more important than specs.

If I had to take a guess how a random no-name LCD would look next to these... well, surprises are possible but chances are they'd have a considerably worse picture quality. Just guessing.

Very very subjective indeed, not the kind of answer I expected :o as 1920x1080i is HDTV and with or without the brand name the specs are very much the same. As the OP posted this is about budget priced units right?

Edited by joncl

I thought I might pop this question in here as it is the most recent thread discussing LCD televisions / monitors.

Driving a 1080p display from a computer , what is the best input to use ? VGA , DVI or HDMI ?

some motherboards and Video cards now have HDMI output - some LCDs have VGA input - do any of the big LCDs have DVI input ?

any opinions and logic on this would be appreciated.

thanks

Usually new TVs have HDMI and VGA inputs - not DVI.

If your PC has HDMI, then of course it's the best. But if the PC has DVI, then you ca nget a DVI-HDMI converter cable to get the better signal than VGA. The VGA is last option, as the resolution is limited compared to ther DVI and HDMI.

But if you download movies from internet, with low resolution (60min movie, 1-2GB file), then there is very little different between VGA and DVI,HDMI. I use VGA to play movies from my laptop, after transfer from my home PC to external harddisk. The quality is exactly the same as on the computer monitor, except that the picture is of course magnified to the large TV screen - so a bit grainy, but ok to me. You need to download HD movies to be able to take advantage of the HDMI quality, and those movies will be like 4-5GB each.

Very very subjective indeed, not the kind of answer I expected :o as 1920x1080i is HDTV and with or without the brand name the specs are very much the same. As the OP posted this is about budget priced units right?

Last week, Tesco-Lotus had a "Promotion" on LCD TV. An Apha 32", reduced from 19,990 to 9,990 Baht. I ran up there and all but one were gone. The remaining one was on the wall as a display model. I am glad it was there, as I could compare with the one around it.

NO COMPARISION !!! Pale and washed out with lack of definition. When I said "No - not good" to the salesman, he replied "Made in China" with a knowing look.....

Edited by grahamhc

Hi Jonci.

You're looking at televisions on very much a two dimensional plane.

Compare televisions on one specification can be fatal.

I recently saw two LG 106 cm televisions recently advertised by the same retailer.

Both were current models with 1080p, onboard HD Tuner, & HDMI.

One was 40% dearer than the other.

At first viewing both tv's appeared to have the specs I was looking for.

The reality was, performance wise they were very different products.

There are many subtle differences in the build of televisions which can make it almost impossible for the punter to make an informed decision.

One should look at many factors:

Pixel count.

Contrast ratio.

Refresh rate.

Component quality.

100hz chassis.

Features.

HDMI

Warranty.

Energy consumption.

Presence of onboard HD Tuner & its quality.

Visually review its performance.

Much of the stock available is already obsolete before you even open the carton.

Getting excited about the prices quoted earlier should be tempered with the knowledge that you'll be stuck with it for the next 10 to 15 years.

Blu-ray DVD is upon us and free to air broadcasts are on the cusp of a digital age.

Unless you can afford to banish your new panel to the kids room in a short time I think 1080p should be a mimimum with special care to the other specifications such as contrast and refresh rate etc.

No name brands are offered for a reason.

It's a way of dumping poorly specd or obsolete hardware without affecting a major brand onwners image.

You get what you pay for.

You truly need to do your homework to get a real bargain.

Edited by rockyysdt

• 2 years later...

I am amazed at the prices here in Thailand for a television.

I just returned from the States and the the prices are about half.

Some of those were made in Thailand.

Why are they so expensive here?

By the way I really enjoy Thai Visa.

I am amazed at the prices here in Thailand for a television.

I just returned from the States and the the prices are about half.

Some of those were made in Thailand.

Why are they so expensive here?

By the way I really enjoy Thai Visa.

Thats an old thread from 3 years ago .Prices for LCD TVs have halved in Thailand since then. :jap: