Bts Sukhumvit Extension

ricklev

Hello All,

slightly off topic, but still an extension of the train system. Is the airport link still planned to be opended in december this year, or are the more delays?

regards

Timo

P.S the staion at Hua Mark ( Srinakarin) seems to be finished soon....not sure about the main station on Makassan, though

Hello All,

slightly off topic, but still an extension of the train system. Is the airport link still planned to be opended in december this year, or are the more delays?

regards

Timo

P.S the staion at Hua Mark ( Srinakarin) seems to be finished soon....not sure about the main station on Makassan, though

Makkasan is looking good but nowhere near finished. I would say King's B-day December 2009 for the link to open.

Guess this is thailand,

wasnt it to be opened last year, then this year, kings b-day....and now next year.

anybody know for sure what the progress is.

regards

Timo

A length of track at the Phaya Thai end has still not been completed and some weeks ago I passed close to Makasan and the track running over the main road was still not in place. At Phaya Thai they are currently laying the last few hundred metres of the track and constructing the Phaya Thai station. December 2009 looks to be a good date at this rate.

Guess this is thailand,

wasnt it to be opened last year, then this year, kings b-day....and now next year.

anybody know for sure what the progress is.

regards

Timo

A length of track at the Phaya Thai end has still not been completed and some weeks ago I passed close to Makasan and the track running over the main road was still not in place. At Phaya Thai they are currently laying the last few hundred metres of the track and constructing the Phaya Thai station. December 2009 looks to be a good date at this rate.

When they finish the BTS extensions up suk and across the river, I hope they add additional cars during rush hour to handle the growing load factor. Too many times now a train will pull into a station during this time and one can hardly get on (even too full to get on sometimes). Ever been to Siam platform at rush hour, the bts used to be convenient and stress free, now during the busy times it's incredibly stressful and uncomfortable.

Ya it'll be a while before the Sukhumwit extension is opened. The airport link will be the first one and once it's done I think they are supposed to run testing for at least 6 months to a year for safety and logistic reasons (as well they should, remember the MRT subway accidents the first few months?).