Best Place To Live In Pattaya....?

BigDamo

Family man or someone who does not enjoy being in the middle of it all so to speak, head for Mabprachan. Good food, bars with sport if needed and easy access to the airport or south down the 36 for golf and far better beaches.

I live off 3rd road,near the turn off for soi sophon cable.Very quiet,good neighbours and 7 minutes walk to central pattaya.Not realy any soi dogs but a couple of stupid farang/thai families letting their pet dogs off to shit everywhere.

I live down Soi Arunothai and am very happy here. I lived down here a few years ago and made the mistake of moving down Soi Nernplubwan (East Pattaya) which I did not like, so Moved back to Soi Arunothai in a nice big house. Quiet location, Carrefour only minutes away, lots of restauraunts, 7-11's in walking distance.

The good thing about living in Soi Arunothai, is there are ways out to Sukhumvit, Pattaya Klang, 3rd Road AND Pattaya Tai.

Meg,

good point you made there.

Where i am i can cut thru soi 2 and get to anywhere from there or turn into 3rd for north or south,so easy to get about.Not forgetting the new beer bars on soi arunothi,shagwell and outback bar lol

There is no possible way to answer this question. It depends what you want and like.

The best advice given to me was spend a year living in serviced apartments around Pattaya, say 2 months in each location, and see what its like particularly day to day.

I did this and ended up in Jomtien. A baht bus from the action but far enough away to ignore it when I want to.

No one answer to this question. Personally I like to have some tihngs on the doorstep so to speak with some transport within reach. I have vehicles but need public transport sometimes and when I lived of Khaotalo it really annoyed me that it was either a bike or an overpriced "taxi" service as no songthaews plying that route.

I would also say Soi Arunothai, its quite yet close to everything but not so close it's in your face and it's this side of the Sukhumvit which is a major bonus if your form of transport is 2 wheels as trying to cross their is like Russian roulette.

The only gripe I suppose but nothing is perfect is the packs of wild dogs on the corners of the winding soi, im sure they know its a farang coming and wait for me as i turn the corner i often get "ran at" by snarling dogs that look more like a pack of Hyenas that then proceed to chase me up the soi. I expect it's quite comical to watch and im sure the dogs do it for that reason!!

I would also say Soi Arunothai, its quite yet close to everything but not so close it's in your face and it's this side of the Sukhumvit which is a major bonus if your form of transport is 2 wheels as trying to cross their is like Russian roulette.

The only gripe I suppose but nothing is perfect is the packs of wild dogs on the corners of the winding soi, im sure they know its a farang coming and wait for me as i turn the corner i often get "ran at" by snarling dogs that look more like a pack of Hyenas that then proceed to chase me up the soi. I expect it's quite comical to watch and im sure the dogs do it for that reason!!

I lived on Arunotai soi 2 for the better part of 2 years. The upside is that it's a central location, close to Carrefour, a residential neighborhood with people who actually live in Pattaya (as opposed to only tourists) so there's more neighborhood pride which does affect the image & upkeep of the area. The rental price at 9 Karat condos was only 5000/month + utilities so the price is right to live in the area. Soi Arunotai has improved a lot and continues to improve. Traffic when the elementary school lets out around 4pm is atrocious heading north but the soi is generally quiet and moves well at all other hours. About 3-4 years ago, crafty thieves were placing planks of wood with nails sticking UP so that hapless drivers would inevitably pop their tires and possibly tumble over the handle bars injuring themselves. The thieves would then proceed to rob the fallen drivers. This is not seen today to my knowledge and I am aware of at least 2 police officers who call the area home. If you are looking for a short stay, I would recommend maxxplace hotel on soi Arunotai 2 which is very modern and comfortable (ask for a room in the back). I would pass on Shagwell Mansions because it's next to a market (smelly) but they do have a pool and look after their customers second to none. The upsides outweigh the downsides for sure.

Any area south of the city, Na Jomtien, Huay Yai, Ban Amphur, Pheonix.

Good mix of nationalities spread throughout that area with a good variety of properties to suit all budgets / tastes.

Some of the area's best seafood resturants are in Ban Amphur.

Easy access to the beaches at Jomtien, Ban Amphur, Bang Saray.

Good golf course on the doorstep.

Very easy access to Sukhumvit (as opposed to trying to come out to sukhumvit from Maprachan area! Wow!) so very easy to get to Tesco's!

And still only 10-15 mins from central Pattaya if you feel the need!

All in all a much cleaner and fresher feel to this whole area!

But as they say here "Up to you"!! :o

What do you mean by nice?

In my opinion the nicest place to live is in View Talay 6 on Beach Road in Pattaya. This location is convenient to all the places of interest in Pattaya.

Location, location location.

AND you get to look directly into the guest rooms of the new Hilton Hotel! Less than five meters away! Some location!

For the action but also comfortable living, soi Buakow keeps getting better and better.

you must be a newby,soi buakow is sewer :o

This is only MY opinion but with the number of hotels, guesthouses, local and foreign restaurants, a market on each end, bars, and high end condos popping up on and around Buakow, I really think the place keeps getting better and better. There's really something to cater to everyone's tastes. Being a 2 way road also makes access to everywhere very quick. I've been living on Buakow for a few months and I am surprised how quiet the street gets in some areas. If you want quiet, it's there. If you want action/noise, it's there too. However, some of my friends who have lived on soi LK Metro (a small area of hotels/bars off Buakow) report that after the bars close, the street is very quiet. Surprised me too.

For the action but also comfortable living, soi Buakow keeps getting better and better.

Soi Buakhaow is getting better, close to everything, but I would not like to have a permanent residence there, because of traffic, noise, maybe also security concerns.

To me far the best location in Pattaya is Soi Wongamat, despite all the construction going on there now, it is a quiet and upmarket area, with high potential. Not too far from Naklua Road with the Songthaews. Imho it is much nicer than Jomtien. Pratumnak is a nice location as well, but there is too much crime going on.

Soi Buakhaow is getting better, close to everything, but I would not like to have a permanent residence there, because of traffic, noise, maybe also security concerns.

To me far the best location in Pattaya is Soi Wongamat, despite all the construction going on there now, it is a quiet and upmarket area, with high potential. Not too far from Naklua Road with the Songthaews. Imho it is much nicer than Jomtien. Pratumnak is a nice location as well, but there is too much crime going on.

Coincidentally, I've also lived on Soi Wongamat (Naklua soi 18) for 2 years so I can compare Buakow and Naklua easily. While I thoroughly enjoy Naklua, I don't enjoy the commute from Naklua to Pattaya because the Naklua circle southbound is blocked most of the time which forces drivers to head east and then come back around via Big C. It's a slight detour but enough to put me off. As for Buakow, there are new properties that I have been visiting this week and they all seemed very clean, very secure with 24 hour uniformed security and reception staff manning the main door and cameras everywhere. I was impressed. The day staff spoke perfect English and answered all my questions. There were also 2-3 serviced apartments that were equally impressive on 3rd road near South Pattaya road. Due to privacy concerns, I do not wish to reveal my exact location but it's the best of the bunch that I viewed by a very long shot. The price is due to spike by 3000 baht soon with no additional services being offered so I might jump ship on principle with a few other tenants. All to say, it's very clean, quiet, and secure here as I felt about the other Buakow properties too.

What do you mean by nice?

In my opinion the nicest place to live is in View Talay 6 on Beach Road in Pattaya. This location is convenient to all the places of interest in Pattaya.

Location, location location.

AND you get to look directly into the guest rooms of the new Hilton Hotel! Less than five meters away! Some location!

A few weeks ago I was checking out the sizes of the swimming pools in the various condos using the "Ruler" tool in Google Earth. I was amazed to find that VT6 only has a tiny little 20 m swimming pool. Unless there is another pool hidden from sight, that must be about the smallest pool/no. of units of any big condo buildings in town.

Edited by Guderian

I live down Soi Arunothai and am very happy here. I lived down here a few years ago and made the mistake of moving down Soi Nernplubwan (East Pattaya) which I did not like, so Moved back to Soi Arunothai in a nice big house. Quiet location, Carrefour only minutes away, lots of restauraunts, 7-11's in walking distance.

The good thing about living in Soi Arunothai, is there are ways out to Sukhumvit, Pattaya Klang, 3rd Road AND Pattaya Tai.

true but so noisy,used to live in nirun..................no peace.

true but so noisy,used to live in nirun..................no peace.

I never found it noisy at all... Maybe you were unlucky and got noisy neighbours.. I didn't have anyone living at either side of me.. So nothing but peace and quiet :o

Meg,just a question for you please.Are you the lady that walks around soi arunoti and third rd with a cat on your shoulders,was just wondering as i see this lady quite a few times.

If you do not want to answer thats ok or pm maybe.