Man Shot Following Attempted Rape In Banglamung

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya One News: August 25th 2008

Man shot following attempted rape in Banglamung.

On Sunday Night a case of attempted rape took place at a house in Takiendier Sub-District in Banglamung.

The apparent victim, Khun Orathai aged 28 made her way to Banglamung Police to make a complaint against the apparent attacker; Khun Tana aged 26 who was shot by a neighbor of the victim following the alleged attack.

According to Khun Orathai, the attack happened in front of her house. She screamed when the man attempted to rape her and a concerned neighbor soon arrived, armed with a gun. Khun Tana attempted to escape but was shot in his lower back as he ran away. Police later spoke with Khun Tana who was not seriously hurt. He denied allegations of attempted rape and claimed he only wanted to steal Khun Orathai’s money.

Khun Tana had been released from Prison only 17 days before the alleged attack and was also carrying half of a Yabba Tablet in his pocket when he was shot. Police will charge him at a later date and will also charge the armed neighbor with attempted murder.

Photograph courtesy of Pattaya One News

Khun Tana: Shot In The Back Following Sexual Assault Attempt

post-26634-1219674691_thumb.jpg

CHARGING THE GUY WITH ATTEMPTED MURDER IS A LESSON FOR US ALL,NOT THE JOHNIE RAMBOS WHO SAY SMACK THE THAIS.

he was shot in the back as he tried to leg it! thats attempted murder.

two guys running towards you with cleavers and they get shot, now that is protection.

CHARGING THE GUY WITH ATTEMPTED MURDER IS A LESSON FOR US ALL,NOT THE JOHNIE RAMBOS WHO SAY SMACK THE THAIS.

he was shot in the back as he tried to leg it! thats attempted murder.

two guys running towards you with cleavers and they get shot, now that is protection.

As we werent in the gunmans position we will never know if he felt threatened.

But he was defending the girl who would have been mugged and possibly raped if he hadnt turned up, I hope he walks free.

I agree with the posts of the guy was protecting the lady but he shot him in the back.I was only re-enforcing what some posters say about having a go at thais,steer clear.

Guess he is a bad aim - next time go for the head.

Obviously you know nothing about hand guns? if you want to kill somebody aim for the upper torso, unless you are within arms reach you will probably miss altogether aiming at the head.

I am just very concerned at the number of guns out there.

BB

I agree with the posts of the guy was protecting the lady but he shot him in the back.I was only re-enforcing what some posters say about having a go at thais,steer clear.

Guess he is a bad aim - next time go for the head.

Obviously you know nothing about hand guns?

Got me there, but compensated by a sh it load of beginners luck

post-25605-1219771487_thumb.jpg

45mm hand gun - 2003 - military shooting range in Nakorn Sawan or somewhere up there :o

Hung it up in the office with a note " dont mess wid da boss"

( the instructor was so amazed when i told him 1st time with hand gun, he got 2nd clip - we wont show those results for obvious reasons :D )

Edited by skippybangkok

Obviously you know nothing about hand guns?

Got me there, but compensated by a sh it load of beginners luck

45mm hand gun - 2003 - military shooting range in Nakorn Sawan or somewhere up there :D

:o:D (where is the smiley for rolling on the floor pissing myself laughing ?) :(

Whoo, must have been a MASSIVE handgun ! :D

Here is a pic of a 40mm cannon and some of the shells that go in it:

med_gallery_16137_403_28101.jpggallery_16137_403_23628.jpg

Perhaps you were thinking of a .45 calibre handgun ? :D

gallery_16137_403_16374.jpg

(Note: .45 calibre equates to 11.45 mm. A .50 cal machinegun is equivalent to 12.75 mm. 45mm would equal approx 1.77 inches)

(Not to make fun of anyone. Just some technical details !)

Hardware on walking street appears to be getting a little out of hand :D

Well, if Mr Bout is still "a guest" of the country, who knows what could be sold now ! :o

Could just about imagine some street vendor pushing one of those down WS every night, trying to get some farang to buy it (or at least pay to have their picture taken while sitting on it).

Hardware on walking street appears to be getting a little out of hand :D

Well, if Mr Bout is still "a guest" of the country, who knows what could be sold now ! :D

Could just about imagine some street vendor pushing one of those down WS every night, trying to get some farang to buy it (or at least pay to have their picture taken while sitting on it).

Free Viktor Bout. :o

It sounds as if the Good Samaritan might have used excessive force and could be guilty of attempted murder. But what would the sentence be, if it is proportionate to the Aussie's two year sentence for shooting an American in the after an incoherent drunken argument in Chiang Mai?

Assuming the shooter is a Thai, the charge might get dropped if he makes a sufficient contribution to the porkers' benevolent fund anyway.

It seems to depend on the relative status of the shooter and the shot. I remember a case of a retired Thai military officer who was held up in his home by a Ghanaian who tied him up, took small valuables and slashed his dog's throat (it miraculously survived) because he was pissed off that the guy didn't hand over more valuables. Amazingly the retired military man got free very quickly and grabbed his piece and was in time to see the Ghanaian climbing over his wall to make good his escape. He shot the thief who managed to crawl away but was found seriously wounded in the soi nearby. Given the equation of a retired officer, a black intruder and the atrocity committed against the dog, there was never any suggestion in the press that the shooter should be charged with anything despite the fact that the danger to his life and property, although very real, had already passed. The Ghanaian is no doubt still rotting in a Thai prison, if he survived.

Anyway farangs who have access to guns at home (legally) would be advised only to use them in legitimate life threatening situations and be prepared for a lot of legal hassle and maybe prison afterwards.

So let me see if I understand this correctly....

The police could perfectly well shoot the guy themselves, since he was in possession of a single yabba tablet.... War on drugs, you know.... But the concerned neighbor faces attempted murder charges for shooting a fleeing rape or robbery suspect who ends up not seriously injured???

There was no mention of whether the shooter was Thai or farang...though I'd guess Thai under the circumstances. So the original suspect will get 10 years in prison for possessing the single yabba tablet and maybe a month for attempted rape??? Regarding the shooter, hopefully common sense will prevail eventually...