Business Class London - Bangkok

ukrules

I'm looking for business class flights from the UK to Bangkok. Where's the best priced place to purchase these from ?

Any recommendations as to which airlines, routes or travel agents to use ? Obviously I want the best price and I prefer flights that depart in the evening or late at night.

I'm not too bothered if I need to make a connection in Europe or the Middle East, I won't travel via Dubai though due to their over zealous drug policies so Emirates is out.

I can fly out of Birmingham or London.

I'm looking for business class flights from the UK to Bangkok. Where's the best priced place to purchase these from ?

Any recommendations as to which airlines, routes or travel agents to use ? Obviously I want the best price and I prefer flights that depart in the evening or late at night.

I'm not too bothered if I need to make a connection in Europe or the Middle East, I won't travel via Dubai though due to their over zealous drug policies so Emirates is out.

Try EVA (Direct usually 21.30 flights) or Qatar via Doah ..........Both Good Airlines & usually reasonable depending on 'When' you want to fly

Edited by Tafia

Qatar are cheeeeap, fantastic service, and the route is reasonably direct. £1,250 for business class, and the planes tend to be modern and nice...

Which travel agent gives you a price of £1,250 on Qatar, I checked on kayak.co.uk as suggested by endure and the cheapest deals seem to be about £1,600 on Qatar or EVA.

check-out qatar website and do a ghost booking for the dates you would like to fly. If you click on the 3 days option you will get a choice of flights and tarifs.

BTW Qatar is one of the few airlines that gives you the cheapest options on their website.

hope to have helped

onzestan

check-out qatar website and do a ghost booking for the dates you would like to fly. If you click on the 3 days option you will get a choice of flights and tarifs.

BTW Qatar is one of the few airlines that gives you the cheapest options on their website.

hope to have helped

onzestan

Yes, Qatar are very cheap and good value for business class - only about 83,000 Baht including taxes BKK - Doha - Heathrow.

The seats only recline 160 degrees though, so not a true flat bed. Not on the ones I've been on recently anyhow. Maybe the A340 business class beds are true flat?

The seats only recline 160 degrees though, so not a true flat bed. Not on the ones I've been on recently anyhow. Maybe the A340 business class beds are true flat?

BA and QF have had that for a decade, if not longer.

How did those Mickey Mouse (Arab) companies with no ground facilities get into our lives?

Just read my tag line.

We have flown that route a lot by EVA Business Class..its got another name, so be careful what you ask for. Everything really good except the shell seats..they don't go completely flat so you tend to slide down. Lounges t each end are quite good..no complaints.

you could try westeasttravel.co.uk for a price we always used them before coming here to retire.

We have flown that route a lot by EVA Business Class..its got another name, so be careful what you ask for. Everything really good except the shell seats..they don't go completely flat so you tend to slide down. Lounges t each end are quite good..no complaints.

The seats look essentially the same as on Thai. I find them reasonably cofortable, if a bit lumpy and narrow. As for sliding down, I sleep in the foetal position with a foot on the footrest, so don't slide much. Not wearing underpants also assists with comfort on a slope as it reduces the wedgie effect..

Thanks for the information.

I couldn't find anything for less than £1701 on Qatar which is more expensive than a direct flight from London - Bangkok with EVA Air. I am staying for two months though. Maybe they have put their prices up recently.

I checked with Westeast travel as I've used them before and China Airlines came up as the cheapest (£1183 inc taxes) via Amsterdam. ith stopovers allowed each way within a six month timeframe.

Has anyone used China Airlines before ? A quick google search tells me good things about them.

Edit - It Looks like the Westeast Travel website is completely out of date - I just called them and they told me they haven't dealt with China Airlines for a couple of months even though their flights still show up in each search !

Edited by ukrules

Thanks for the information.

I couldn't find anything for less than £1701 on Qatar which is more expensive than a direct flight from London - Bangkok with EVA Air. I am staying for two months though. Maybe they have put their prices up recently.

I checked with Westeast travel as I've used them before and China Airlines came up as the cheapest (£1183 inc taxes) via Amsterdam. ith stopovers allowed each way within a six month timeframe. With China Airlines I could fly from a more local airport (Birmingham) which would save me the cost of rail tickets (about £200 return) and time required to get to/from London although the departing flight is in the morning.

Has anyone used China Airlines before ? A quick google search tells me good things about them.

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/china.htm

Edited by tw25rw

Watch out because etihad are also based in UAE. They are in Abu Dabi (splleing?) so they have the same stringent drug laws. Different town same country.

I wish they were loosing more customers over that whole drug thing - w*$^rs - UAE is certainly out for me, just nor worth the risk of maybe having someone else's hash stuck to your foot by mistake. Ridiculous!

You could try Egypt Air. I know they are not great but they are cheap and they have the added attraction of now being Star Alliance (assuming you are interested in miles). At one point recently they were offering business class tickets from Bangkok to London for about the same price as a Thai economy ticket.

Good for you! Nice to see someone standing up to this world wide totalitarian drug war BS

btw Hey are you bringing in some good stuff?

Ha Ha

I have used China Airlines via Amsterdam and they were fine, I used economy from Heathrow to Amsterdam which helped keep the cost down as you only paid the lower departure tax from the UK, though I don't know if you now pay a higher charge from Holland.

I booked via Airline Network and as far as I know you can still do so in the £12-1300 region.

I was sitting in cattle and a guy told me if you phone or go into the Thai office in London chat to the English guy and ask for a "walk-in" business class fare you can get a good deal, maybe around £1200.

Never heard of this though so could be nonsense.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Nor have I, and I think it probably is.

:o

Back to the OP.

Phone WestEast as their website doesn't always give you the best deal.

You can get Business class on Thai for around £1500 (obviously dependent on time of year)

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Nor have I, and I think it probably is.

:o

Back to the OP.

Phone WestEast as their website doesn't always give you the best deal.

You can get Business class on Thai for around £1500 (obviously dependent on time of year)

RAZZ

I chose West East and got a good price LHR-BKK-SYD ret on Thai. Better by hundreds than the advertised price. The agent can choose individual legs and keep the price down.

Watch out because etihad are also based in UAE. They are in Abu Dabi (splleing?) so they have the same stringent drug laws. Different town same country.

I wish they were loosing more customers over that whole drug thing - w*$^rs - UAE is certainly out for me, just nor worth the risk of maybe having someone else's hash stuck to your foot by mistake. Ridiculous!

I was wondering about this. I think the whole region is somewhere to be avoided unless it's absolutely necessary to go there.

Good for you! Nice to see someone standing up to this world wide totalitarian drug war BS

btw Hey are you bringing in some good stuff?

Ha Ha

The sleeping tablets I use on longer flights are on their list of banned substances which is bad enough.

I flew with them before but since this crackdown on illicit substances came about I will never step foot in the country again.

There's no way I'm going to potentially spend some time in prison for stepping on someone's cannabis joint or even worse eating one of those delicious bread rolls covered in poppy seeds only to be imprisoned for four years as some kind of opium smuggler !

• 1 month later...

As an update to this topic I flew from Birmingham to Bangkok last week on KLM / China Airlines via Amsterdam, business class for about £1200

Nice big seat with plenty of legroom, good service etc. I will use them again and do recommend them even though they were the cheapest option available that I found.

I'm about 6'2 tall and I needed to stretch my legs right out to touch the seat in front of me which is good. Normally when flying economy my knees are pretty much touching the seat in front. On this one I struggled to reach the seat back pocket to get my video player out without undoing my seat belt :o

One thing that was a bit strange is that the luggage allowance is only 20KG, but that didn't really bother me as I wasn't bringing so much stuff with me.

BA and QF have had that for a decade, if not longer.

How did those Mickey Mouse (Arab) companies with no ground facilities get into our lives?

Just read my tag line.

Hi TTM,

How can you make a comment on Qatar Airlines if you never flown them?

I flew them many times Paris CDG to BKK via Doha, best business service I had, not comparable to Thai Airways I used to fly to FRA.

But indeed their electric 160 degrees seats were not that good, still way better than what I got on Thai. Excellent IFE on Qatar.

I now fly Etihad business to Brussels, excellent 180 flat beds, service on Qatar was better though.

Did get an upgrade to first last week out of BRU, all was perfect and Etihad AUH business lounge is better than the dedicated bus/first class terminal Qatar has.

One thing that was a bit strange is that the luggage allowance is only 20KG, but that didn't really bother me as I wasn't bringing so much stuff with me.

That's probably because the leg Birmingham/Amsterdam is in economy.

BKK/AMS is 30 kgs in business.

cheers

onzestan

cheers

onzestan

Haven't done it, but I've heard they are more flexible when they know it's a connection with a business class flight with a partner airline.

cheers

onzestan

Haven't done it, but I've heard they are more flexible when they know it's a connection with a business class flight with a partner airline.

Maybe,

But after traveling through Schiphol Amsterdam 100' s of times it is my experience that flexibility and KLM do not mix very well. :o:D :D

cheers

onzestan

I've booked with China Air from City Airport (KLM) return to Heathrow (BA) for about £1,200, I think, (maybe a bit less). Heard nothing but good about City Airport and although the stopover may be a bit longer it really doesn't matter for me as the drive to Heathrow is equally as long and far more hassle. Coming back though it had to be Heathrow as the stopover on the return was 4 hours. Checked online about China Airlines before booking and the only consistent grumble seemed to be about the food. You gets what you pay for. Oh, and I think that it was mentioned that downstairs cabin had better, wider seats I think.

I've travelled EVA business and it was good. But at around £400 more there was no choice really but to take China Air.