Extended Power Outages On Samui

When i was leaving near the airport (sanbin road), the power cut were daily for an hour, only once it went from chaweng to chong moen, it was even announced on the radio, exept that time i never saw any reasons for those cuts(no storm, no broken lines).

Now i live in Maenam and today we had cut also without any reason, i guess they are cutting power to some area cause some other location(more important) need power at that time.

When i was leaving near the airport (sanbin road), the power cut were daily for an hour, only once it went from chaweng to chong moen, it was even announced on the radio, exept that time i never saw any reasons for those cuts(no storm, no broken lines).

Now i live in Maenam and today we had cut also without any reason, i guess they are cutting power to some area cause some other location(more important) need power at that time.

ya well I am in Bophut/Chaweng where the hospitals and big stores are and it was out for almost 3 hours today. :o

no outage in chaweng for at least a week.remember years ago the power went out at least twice, everyday

what do you mean? no power out down on beach road? tesco, makro, big c...all of us sure as hel_l lost power like I say and what it your point aobut a few years ago?...actually that is totally incorrect from my experience living here for the last 4 years.

looks like the famous 'underwater cable from surat thani' still isnt enough to supply the island. im starting to believe this cable doesnt exist, its a myth. anyways, the network is overloaded. i would guess that due to the high season they are cutting the less populated areas to serve chaweng and all its resorts, reastaurants, shower heaters, etc..

looks like the famous 'underwater cable from surat thani' still isnt enough to supply the island. im starting to believe this cable doesnt exist, its a myth. anyways, the network is overloaded. i would guess that due to the high season they are cutting the less populated areas to serve chaweng and all its resorts, reastaurants, shower heaters, etc..

If I recall correctly there was a news report a few months back (earlier this year?) that stated the govt planned on running another underwater cable from Khanom to Samui to try and reduce the overload. Too much unplanned building without any regard to infrastructure, everyone must have their aircon and hot water.

If I recall correctly there was a news report a few months back (earlier this year?) that stated the govt planned on running another underwater cable from Khanom to Samui to try and reduce the overload. Too much unplanned building without any regard to infrastructure, everyone must have their aircon and hot water.

you recall correctly. :o

I met this morning an engineer with the electric company and he said that 2 years ago when they completed an under water cable.. it was to sustain the islands electric demand for the next 10 years... they never in wild dreams expected the rate of development and electric consumption.

on hotter days like in the past month the system is running on overload and such the problems.

they are now initializing 2 new cables to be laid out during the coming year.

Ha! So that's it! Too many tourists here right now.

Well, good thing it's now into the low season.

And, in a few more months, we'll get more power cuts. because the rain will have worked it's way into all the sticky tape and string that they use to join all the wires.

It's all good fun.

R

What is with these long blackouts?? :D Last Thursday an hour in the a.m. then over 3 ours in the late afternoon and now, today, out since about 3:30 p.m. and still out....not that I want to sound like I am "complaining" or being "negative" about Samui :o

At least it is better than 10 years ago here.

What is with these long blackouts?? :D Last Thursday an hour in the a.m. then over 3 ours in the late afternoon and now, today, out since about 3:30 p.m. and still out....not that I want to sound like I am "complaining" or being "negative" about Samui :o

This night samething again :D We (my american gf and me) live in Lamai. We own a inetshop, luckly for us its around midnight that this occurs. But still its pretty annoying :D