Irish Visa For Wife

Hi all,

I am UK passport holder, married to Thai.We got married 5 months ago in South Africa.We want to go to Ireland to live there.I got about 25000 euros but no job there nor any connections.I was hoping to get family type visa for her.She is nurse and have years of experience.How hard/easy is to get visa for Ireland for her.?We live in Bkk at the moment.

Cheers

Doodex :o

Doodex......you would be better off contacting the embassy about it.

Is your wife a qualified registered nurse or one of the auxiliary nurses with no qualifications? Does she speak English well? Midwifery qualified? It may be easy for her to find a job depending on the answers to those questions.

Why do you want to move to Ireland with no proper job lined up? You would be better off in UK or Australia if she was a qualified nurse and speaks good English.....good money!

Good luck to you!

Hi all,

I am UK passport holder, married to Thai.We got married 5 months ago in South Africa.We want to go to Ireland to live there.I got about 25000 euros but no job there nor any connections.I was hoping to get family type visa for her.She is nurse and have years of experience.How hard/easy is to get visa for Ireland for her.?We live in Bkk at the moment.

Cheers

Doodex :o

Y u wanna live in Ireland?

Y u wanna live in Ireland?

Answering with the Question is not very helpful.Anyways ,I just dont wanna live in London.

Yes SK1972 ,she is RN , she speaks good english but that means nothing unless you pass IELTS test to work as registered nurse, she has already tried twice,she could work in Ireland thou.

SCOUSER has answered this questions some time ago but I think it was removed from tread,the guy in question had Irish passport not UK as he thought.

doodex........well that clarifies things. Why doesnt she try IELTS again? I passed mine the first time and it is really not that hard and at least it would give you more options. Get a tutor if need be.

I know a few RNs who have gone to Saudi to work and returned after a couple of years, able to purchase a property (cash)......they are also qualified midwives though.

Good luck!

As a British citizen seeking to take your wife to Ireland you are in a more advantageous position than an Irish national seeking to do the same. Providing that you are going to exercise your rights confered upon you by the various EU treaties (primarily freedom of movement) then you are free to have your wife accompany you with no questions asked. I don't now about the Paddies, but the Brits don't charge for this permit.

You will need to show that you are not a "benefit tourist" and the best way to do this is to either provide evidence that you have a job to go or prove that you have sufficient savings to cater for both of your needs until such a time as you find work.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Unfortunately the test score for nurses has been increased last year I think .In the mean time I found what I am looking for:

IRELAND IMIGRATION

http://www.irelandinthailand.com/services1.html

This is all the info you need and it's here in Bangers.

that's a good link have put it up the top thanks, have also removed your post for simplicity, I think members will find it easier just to read the one post with info in it.

Edited by bronco