Lasagna With Ricotta (american Style) In Pattaya?

Jingthing

I am looking for something which may not exist here. American style Lasagna. The kind with plenty of ricotta and oozing in cheesiness. Some spinach would be nice in there also. I have never been well satisfied the the Lasagnas in Pattaya. Many to me are more like moussakas topped with bechamel sauce. I did have nice Lasagna at Dukes in Chiang Mai. Anything like that here?

I think the key is the dearth of ricotta cheese in Thailand. I recall we were looking for a source of that quite a few months ago and nobody came up with a supplier. Maybe need to post a specific request in the Food forum (is there one?) and see what comes up? Then it would be a case of do it yourself... and don't forget to invite me!

If I find a source, I will let you know.

Del Casaro, dairy factory in Hua Hin make a perfect italian ricotta cheese (cheap too). On sale everiwhere. Google it

I have found ricotta cheese to buy around town, Foodland for example, always imported, now about 300 for a medium sized container (a bit dear). I have never seen a reasonably priced Thai produced ricotta here at any grocery store, ever. I am too lazy to actually cook lasagna myself.

I doubt this more American style lasagna is available in Pattaya though I do recommend a serviceable Italian style lasagna at a casual joint called Volterra (just off Soi VC (almost at the end of the soi next to the VC Hotel and behind the Yensabai Condo). They also do nice risottos there with a real Italian chef. Don't bother with the lasagna at Pan Pan though unless you like homeopathic portions.

http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?F...;IdArticle=8911

• 2 weeks later...

If you ever get down to Phuket , in the Deli Supermarket in Patong beach , they got a Baked Lassagne Veggie style or with Italian Sausage & minced meat that has three cheeses Ricotta,Parmesan & Mozzerella, Brooklyn red sauce....very tasty !

from Flower Foods by Big Bill's New york style recipes.....lots of other stuff too !!!