Yamaha Mio 110cc

G54

The g/f is after a motorcycle to tootle off to work and back. I am reluctant at this stage to buy a new one and I will register it in my name until such date as I feel happy enough to give her the log book.

The alternatives are

1) Yamaha Meo 125 cc 1 month old 29,000 Baht (Black, black and black)

2 Yamaha Meo 110 cc 7 month old 20,000 Baht. (Purple and snazzy)

OK, colours aside any opinions on these 2 bikes? Reliability or whatever. Also on the prices. Alternative ideas?

Thanks.

edit for log book

Edited by G54

The g/f is after a motorcycle to tootle off to work and back. I am reluctant at this stage to buy a new one and I will register it in my name until such date as I feel happy enough to give her the log book.

The alternatives are

1) Yamaha Meo 125 cc 1 month old 29,000 Baht (Black, black and black)

2 Yamaha Meo 110 cc 7 month old 20,000 Baht. (Purple and snazzy)

OK, colours aside any opinions on these 2 bikes? Reliability or whatever. Also on the prices. Alternative ideas?

Thanks.

edit for log book

The yamaha mio is a good choice,,I have mine now for 4 years and drove 30.000 km and its still runs very well and the fuel consumption is less than 0.25 litre per 10 km.

Thanks for the input on that bengt. Sounds reliable enough and economical enough.

I do not intend to use it myself except in emergencies (car breakdown) but do want the g/f to have reliability as she travels to work in the sugar factory office 4 months of a year a round trip of 30 kilometers and to her mothers house on weekends, same distance.

Is there even a 125cc Mio? I thought they were all 115cc(113cc) including Finos and Nouvos.

I bought mine more than a year ago used. It was over a year old with 4000km on the odometer when i got it.

It never gave me a single problem mechanically. It is my primary transportation around town. Occasionally I even take it all the way to Pattaya or Chonburi from Sriracha which is roughly 30-40 km away. Easy to ride too! Excellent scooter if you ask me!

and YAY this is my first post btw!! :o

Congrats on your 1st post and thanks for the input. Maybe some discrepancy in the translation for engine size. I'll check that.

Spares and custom parts to the Mio seems to get easily at many workshops and the cost of service is very CHEAP??

Is there even a 125cc Mio? I thought they were all 115cc(113cc) including Finos and Nouvos.

I bought mine more than a year ago used. It was over a year old with 4000km on the odometer when i got it.

It never gave me a single problem mechanically. It is my primary transportation around town. Occasionally I even take it all the way to Pattaya or Chonburi from Sriracha which is roughly 30-40 km away. Easy to ride too! Excellent scooter if you ask me!

and YAY this is my first post btw!! :o

The Mio and Fino and Nouevo have 113 CC but the new Nouevo exellent have 135 CC engine

113 CC being enough power? For those slightly longer trips? I am a total novice when it come to mototbike power especially in the smaller engine sizes.

Also what about weight? I am 95 kilos would that be a problem for the g/f on this particular bike?

113 CC being enough power? For those slightly longer trips? I am a total novice when it come to mototbike power especially in the smaller engine sizes.

Also what about weight? I am 95 kilos would that be a problem for the g/f on this particular bike?

My longest trip took about 2 weeks.

Started in Chonburi and passed following cities..Kabinburi, Sakaeo,,Aranyaprathet. Buriram, Yasothon, Mukdahan,,Sakhon nakhon,,UdonThani, NongKhai and then I get back to chonburi by khonkaen and many villages and did a border run in Poipet and last day I was back in chonburi and alltogether I drove more than 3000 km and my Yamaha Mio runs without problem but if wasnt comfortable to my back and butt so i would like another seat for long journeys.

Normally I use my Mio for local trips and from Chonburi to Pattaya use to take an hour.

I dont make anykind of commercial to Yamaha but I do recommend the Mio its a very good easy driven motobike.

BTW the engine power id good enough for a 95 kilo heavy person...my weight is 92

Edited by Bengt

OK, I will be buying a Mio and she will be getting to use that :o

Now to the colour LOL

Saw a good one in that snazzy purple. Darn it. She doesn't like purple. Does not like purple clothes, purple food, purple people!!! Women! So fickle :D

And thanks Bengt.

• 2 weeks later...

Today paid for a Yamaha Mio FINO S. Automatic. Under 1 year old. 9,000 kilom on the clock. Red / white. 34,000 Baht including insurance and re-registration from BKK registration. Bike in my name with no problems.

So am now happy and hope the g/f will be when she gets home from work :o

Depends how big the g/f is... not all Thais are 45 kilos. :o

Depends how big the g/f is... not all Thais are 45 kilos. :o

Oh!! This one is elephant size weighing in at 47 Kilos!!! :D

Have baby elephant at the front and Por Chang on the back. Need uprated suspension :D