Emergency Phone Numbers

canopy

While useful, the references are not totally clear and do not answer my questions. So left to read between the lines I will summarize my understanding:

1. There is no general "911" for emergency

2. The numbers are appropriate throughout Thailand, not just Bangkok

3. For a crime in progress dial 195

4. For fire dial 199

5. If someone needs urgent medical attention dial either 1554 or 1669, but how to choose between them?

Corrections/clarifications welcome.

Certain people feel compelled to be patronizing.

Fact is the Phuket Gazette had a big article about medical emergency numbers.

There is not one Tel.No valid for the whole island. E.G. Bangkok Phuket Hosptal advertises all over the island its emergency, but it cannot reach the whole island in a timely fashion. No but there is no coordination of ambulances.

In case of an accident, you may be dumped on the back of pick up, or you may be part of a fight of more than one ambulances to take you while your blood is running away.

No systematic training of rescue personnel. The trauma starts after an emergency has occured,

While useful, the references are not totally clear and do not answer my questions. So left to read between the lines I will summarize my understanding:

1. There is no general "911" for emergency

2. The numbers are appropriate throughout Thailand, not just Bangkok

3. For a crime in progress dial 195

4. For fire dial 199

5. If someone needs urgent medical attention dial either 1554 or 1669, but how to choose between them?

Corrections/clarifications welcome.

LoL we are pretty screwed hey?

Is there a list of emergency phone numbers or is there a general 911 type number for police, medical, fire, etc? Are the number(s) the same in the provinces?

You will most likely find all those numbers on the web pages to your Embassy in Thailand.