Thai Chat Rooms

gk10002000

Any body know a good chat room? Just want to chat with the locals from here in the USA. I poked around the internet and one or two steer you towards certain travel agencies that nobody goes to, others want money and registration. Not looking for any hanky panky. Just to chat.

Any body know a good chat room? Just want to chat with the locals from here in the USA. I poked around the internet and one or two steer you towards certain travel agencies that nobody goes to, others want money and registration. Not looking for any hanky panky. Just to chat.

I used to chat in the various rooms some years ago.

Turned out that 90% of the chatters are non-Thais.

Many of the guys try to "chat up" a local, before they come here.

A single friend of mine told me recently that this is still the case.

But he also said it is amazingly easy to get to know someone online these days.

He normally chat on one of the messengers, as soon as he has established some contact.

Probably 1000s of web sites, with chat possibilities you can try.

Just search for it online.

Can you write in Thai (even very basic will do)? If so, register at Hi5 and ask any of your Thai friends to add you (I guarantee quite a few of them will be on there). Not a chat room as such, more like Facebook or whatever, but at least you'll meet and talk to real people rather than 50-year-old blokes in Alabama pretending to be 18-year-old bi-sexual girls.

Can you write in Thai (even very basic will do)? If so, register at Hi5 and ask any of your Thai friends to add you (I guarantee quite a few of them will be on there). Not a chat room as such, more like Facebook or whatever, but at least you'll meet and talk to real people rather than 50-year-old blokes in Alabama pretending to be 18-year-old bi-sexual girls.

True,

sems like Hi5 has its renesance here in Thailand.

Everybody talks about it, like it was a brand new site.

A few years ago I had ICQ installed for half a year or so. People can look at your profile, and request to chat one to one with you. I was continuously contacted by women living in Bangkok, often they claimed to have graduated from university and looking for a job now. True or not, their English was always quite passable.

Nar. This is how you do it. download and use windowlive messenger. Then go around to to these Social networks website Hi5 TF etc, and add my photo with your new msn. Then after you sweet talked give her a location where to meet and tell me. then Ill tell you if she’s worth chatting to or not. :o

but at least you'll meet and talk to real people rather than 50-year-old blokes in Alabama pretending to be 18-year-old bi-sexual girls.

Haha...

So true, the old BangkokChat was classic for that. :o

I used to go into BangkokChat occasionally. Why did they stop?

I was looking for U

U r looking for ME

And…..Well well well we are here on THAIVISA, imagine that :o

So what do U want to talk about, JA?

worklife, traffic, commuting, klong Sansaeb, or or even about your upcoming presidential election,….I’m up to it :D

I hear that some girls even will send you photos. :D

Edited by bkkjames

Thai people use Camfrog to chat online. Most of the chatting is in Thai so that could be a problem, but there are always those who speak English as well. There used to be Bangkokchat back in the day, which was in English, but it's gone. As far as I know there are no big English language chat websites/programs. Pantip has one but there are like 5 people in it most of the time. Download Camfrog if you want to chat with Thai people.

7 years ago i used ICQ then yahoo messenger and messenger-msn<--i still using till now.

Many Thais are on dating website asianeuro, thailovelinks, hotornot, etc.

manyway to chat with Thais who speak almost English (like me) hehehe many of my friends using Skyp but I dont like to use my voice, i rather typing. :o

Good luck

Well, they banned access to the foreign chat rooms, and the Thai ones are really quick to kick out anyone who is naked. Never heard of anyone getting raped, just a lot of people dancing around in their underwear.

Join dateinasia.com which gives you numerous options of meeting and chatting to Asian ladies.

On DIA you can chat one to one but it’s a bit slow and cumbersome.

I won’t go into detail but once you’ve registered and are accepted as a member you can contact a female of you’re choosing and assuming she likes you and responds you can chat on site.

Rather than chat at length on DIA many choose to transfer their conversation to somewhere like yahoo messenger which is more suited to chat.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Well, they banned access to the foreign chat rooms, and the Thai ones are really quick to kick out anyone who is naked. Never heard of anyone getting raped, just a lot of people dancing around in their underwear.

They also tend to kick out foreigners as many rooms are "For Thais only".

Thanks for some of the responses. I guess I am amazed and dissapointed that with all this free connectivity, chatting is so hard. I am well aware of how many sites got corrupted, perverted, run over by junk mail, viruses etc. because I am an engineer.

Unfortunately I can not write Thai at all. I bought one book and just could not make heads or tails of it. My conversational Thai is OK. It is good enough, or I am just stupid and brave enough so that I have no hesitations about hopping on a bus for a few hour ride to some place I haven't been to yet.

Can't wait for my next trip to the LOS.

Thanks all.