Aircon Outlet Dripping

Rob5060

My aircon produces a very regular dripping of water onto an area I am about to have concreted and later paved

Anybody know if it would be a good idea to have that outlet pipe extended so that it ran down the hose and was under the level of the concete and thus not runnung on to the patio

Cheeres

I think they all do that...ours all do. You can extend the outlet but make sure its on a gradient a bit so that the water can flow out. If you run it straight down under the concrete you will probably end up with a damp patch and mildew on top of the concrete.

Yep run it under the concrete on the the garden, at some stage it will have to be blown through to clear out all the crud that builds up in the pipe, if you don't do that it will back up and drip into the room. Normal aircon service should include a blow through of all your drain pipes anyway.

I extended mine using clear plastic tubing/hose which I pushed over the outlet pipe. I then directed and attached the hose to the trunk of an adjacent palm tree about 1 metre away. The 'drip' now runs down the tree and it gets watered for free.

A quick tip for folks if you every get drips coming from the inside wall unit - this means your drip trip which should be emptying out the pipe is blocked. To unblock it simply go outside clean up the end of the pipe, pucker up and suck on the pipe

You'll undoubtedly get a mouth of not so good tasting water but it'll unblock your tray and stop the dripping inside and save somchai aircon ltd charging you a a large amount of baht for nowt. :o

A quick tip for folks if you every get drips coming from the inside wall unit - this means your drip trip which should be emptying out the pipe is blocked. To unblock it simply go outside clean up the end of the pipe, pucker up and suck on the pipe

You'll undoubtedly get a mouth of not so good tasting water but it'll unblock your tray and stop the dripping inside and save somchai aircon ltd charging you a a large amount of baht for nowt. :o

What a load of <deleted>

You'll undoubtedly get a mouth of not so good tasting water but it'll unblock your tray and stop the dripping inside and save somchai aircon ltd charging you a a large amount of baht for nowt. :D

What a load of <deleted>

Of course it is . .. . just like the use of Aluminium cable by utility companies. :o

I know for a fact that it works as I've done it . . . but hey if you ever one of your indoor air con units start leaking out the front you can either:

1) try it and see

2) phone your shop and pay them

If you ever have something useful to add to a thread other than abuse then please do feel free to add it.

Edited by technocracy

Use an aircon foam spray cleaner, available from all Home DIY shops, spray it on the cooling fins and let it soak in for a few minutes then start the air con and watch the sludge drip from the outlet pipe.

You can help it by using one of the 500baht blowers on the water outlet of the drip tray overflow (usually located in one corner of the tray) Or you can blow it through from the outside and clean up the mess inside the house. :o