Southern Bus Terminal To Lower Suk

MrBrick

Howdy all

I regularly get a bus from Kanchanaburi to Bangkok. The bus terminates at the new Southern Bus Terminal but more often than not drops you a little closer to the city by stopping at.... Hmm.... I think it may be Pinklao? Im not sure of the area now, thinking about it..... it basicly drops you a little past the OLD Southern Bus Terminal (Sai Tai Mai) near a big shopping centre.

Christ, im being properly vague here.

Anyway, if anyone knows what i am banging on about, i need to know if there is a simple way of getting a river taxi to lower Suk?

Or is it worth getting a motorbike taxi to Suphan Taksin BTS or Rathadawhatever BTS?

I nearly alwasy get a motorbike taxi. It costs me 200 THB and takes around 20 minutes. Its hard work though and by the time I araive i am beat, dirty, sweaty and stressed.

A normal taxi takes ages - i usualy arive around mid afternoon and the trafic is just a nightmare. Anything from an hour, to two hours.

So, i was wondering, is there a river close by, easy to find, that could get me into lower Suk area?

What a <deleted> post. I hope this makes sense......

you can go from central pinklao to the river (not sure which boat stop- siriraj maybe?) and take the chao praya express boat to the saphan taksin BTS stop and take the BTS from there.

The 511 bus .. route starts near the old Sai Tai Mai ... and goes into town .. passing Pantip and hitting Suk near Central World. As it starts in that area there are normally seats and it is AC

Thanks for the reply but you may have misunderstood my question. Im not looking for a cheap way to get to Suk, im looking for a less hassle way. If i was going to use four wheels, I would get a taxi, as i usualy do.

you can go from central pinklao to the river (not sure which boat stop- siriraj maybe?) and take the chao praya express boat to the saphan taksin BTS stop and take the BTS from there.

Thats more like it.... Howdo i get from Central Pinklao to the river?

agree [partly] with above, in Kan you shold have (use mouth=ask) the choice of 3 busroutes

1.the 84 to new/Old Sai Thai, with choice of 2nd and 1st cl. the place you describe is CENTRAN PNKLAO and is some 2-3 kms BEFORE you come to the river and boat-stops. its another 1-2 km to the boatlanding at Wat Sraket to go via klong Saen Saep. Yes, these first 2/3 kms are hopelessly jam-logged: this will not vary with any means chosen.

2.the 990x bus to Mochit-via another route via Kampaeng Saen-runs about ev 1,5 - 2 hrs and takes longer.

3.the dedicated MINIvans: choice of 2 routes, most end at the Sanam Luang-and to get there have to cross via the roundabout Democr. Monument=some 400 mrs before Wat Sraket=the boat landing. OR direct-EXPRESSway to the Victory Monument-take taxi via exway toward Sukhvit-also loads of citybuses going ''tang duan''=via express.

You did not made it clear to whereabout on Sukhvit-this would also have been helpful the nr 511 bus also has many (yelow shield0 Expressway buses-cutting off most of Sukhvit's jams-coming down at soi 72 or so. (beyond tesco/Carrefour/BTS end at Onnut)

Why do seemingly 95% of Thaiisa posters have to use [foul] language when they post? Do they all think this is Australia?

The 511 bus .. route starts near the old Sai Tai Mai ... and goes into town .. passing Pantip and hitting Suk near Central World. As it starts in that area there are normally seats and it is AC

Thanks for the reply but you may have misunderstood my question. Im not looking for a cheap way to get to Suk, im looking for a less hassle way. If i was going to use four wheels, I would get a taxi, as i usualy do.

Thats more like it.... Howdo i get from Central Pinklao to the river?

Central PinkLao is the shopping centre and Phra Pinklao is the closest river boat stop (under the bridge that leads onto Radumneung, just by KaoSan Rd) - 2 mins by motorbike taxi (30 baht?). Many buses go over the bridge and the last stop (right at the start to the bridge, cannot be missed) is a short walk from the river stop.

Of course you could go to the Klong at the top of Radumneung and get the canal boat, much quicker than going all the way to Saphan Taksin... (use a 511 to get from PinkLao upto the Klong)[A 511 all the way to Suk is crazy slow...]

There is also the option of getting the train from Kanchanaburi to Thonburi station. Then 15-20 minutes by motorbike/bus/taxi or ferry to Saphan Taksin BTS.

Certainly not the fastest way but a bit more scenic.

Edited by Buzby

There is slao the option of getting the train from Kanchanaburi to Thonburi station. Then 5-10 minutes by motorbike/bus/taxi to Saphan Taksin BTS.

Certainly not the fastest way but a bit more scenic.

I will be going this route tomorrow, though I do live right on Thonburi station - just be carful which side of the train you sit on (very sunny at times), follow the Thais.