Job Web Sites For Thailand?

Hello,

I hate for my first post to this forum to be a request for information but oh well.

I am an American living in Malaysia (for almost 3 years) and I am interested in a position in Thailand. I am currently the Communications and Marketing Manager for a law firm in Kuala Lumpur but also worked as a corporate trainer and lecturer in English and Business.

In America, I was a marketing manager and also a technical writer. My first career upon finishing college was as a journalist. I have a degree in English and one in Business (Finance) as well.

Anyway, long story short...Could someone suggest a good on-line website for jobs in Thailand or any other way of finding a job in Thailand? Any advice on the job market in Thailand or any specific companies would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Please have a look at the following webpage. There you'll find a myriad of websites you can use for both posting your resume and searching jobs.

www.alink.co.th/Common/partnersE.html

Since you're American, I believe you can exponentially increase your chances of finding a job in Thailand by physically being here in Thailand while job hunting. I recruit Japanese nationals from time to time, and I occasionally receive resumes from Japanese still in Japan. Unless that person has some very exceptional qualifications, I typically won’t follow up with the person for a phone interview. Preference definitely goes to foreigners already in Thailand. Best of luck to you.

(A-Link Recruitment)

Hi,

Please have a look at the following webpage. There you'll find a myriad of websites you can use for both posting your resume and searching jobs.

www.alink.co.th/Common/partnersE.html

Since you're American, I believe you can exponentially increase your chances of finding a job in Thailand by physically being here in Thailand while job hunting. I recruit Japanese nationals from time to time, and I occasionally receive resumes from Japanese still in Japan. Unless that person has some very exceptional qualifications, I typically won’t follow up with the person for a phone interview. Preference definitely goes to foreigners already in Thailand. Best of luck to you.

(A-Link Recruitment)

But how many farangs have you ever placed in a job in Thailand? Actual numbers please. I met an American running an IT recruitment company in Bangkok and he said the chances of finding a job for a farang were nil, except in very special cases. I see no reason to disagree with him to this day. With all due respect, I think the original poster is just another guy like the rest of us and stands a similarly slim chance of getting a well paid job outside of teaching.

Anyway, good luck to you.

Just to add an opinion;

I saw a certain agency (in this thread), called them, talked to a lady who spoke English, Sent Resume etc, follow-up phone call.

I was expecting all sorts of stuff, I got actual names and contact numbers.

5:00 pm passed, I thought for sure, so went to buy some pork for dinner.

The phone called, and gave me some solid leads, specifics etc etc. All the stuff you expect in Australia, UK, USA etc.

My advice is:

1. Look for an agency that is happy to take on foreign nationals. If they are only luke warm, be polite and leave it there.

2. Be ready for a face to face interview within hours. If you are here you can do it, if you aren't then forget it. Although the industry itself may move slowly, once there is a true requirement, its as fast as possible. The "I'm planning to be here ... umm umm April next year" is straight out of the 1980's

3. International phone calls are expensive, If I was a recruiter, why would I spend money on possibly a "tyre-kicker", or worse an undesirable candidate.

4. Be Flexible. Maybe its not the perfect role. BUT it gives you a go to prove yourself. Myself, working before for a Multi-national, I have hired people in more junior roles, and set challenges, simple to see how they perform. If you are good, though slowly you will move up.

Finally, be patient, its not easy to get a good role, just hang in there.

:o

Lastly - good luck

Edited by mattnich

• 2 weeks later...
Just to add an opinion;

I saw a certain agency (in this thread), called them, talked to a lady who spoke English, Sent Resume etc, follow-up phone call.

I was expecting all sorts of stuff, I got actual names and contact numbers.

5:00 pm passed, I thought for sure, so went to buy some pork for dinner.

The phone called, and gave me some solid leads, specifics etc etc. All the stuff you expect in Australia, UK, USA etc.

My advice is:

1. Look for an agency that is happy to take on foreign nationals. If they are only luke warm, be polite and leave it there.

2. Be ready for a face to face interview within hours. If you are here you can do it, if you aren't then forget it. Although the industry itself may move slowly, once there is a true requirement, its as fast as possible. The "I'm planning to be here ... umm umm April next year" is straight out of the 1980's

3. International phone calls are expensive, If I was a recruiter, why would I spend money on possibly a "tyre-kicker", or worse an undesirable candidate.

4. Be Flexible. Maybe its not the perfect role. BUT it gives you a go to prove yourself. Myself, working before for a Multi-national, I have hired people in more junior roles, and set challenges, simple to see how they perform. If you are good, though slowly you will move up.

Finally, be patient, its not easy to get a good role, just hang in there.

:o

Lastly - good luck