It Was Gold ..... Now It Isn't

G54

From time to time, I would let the working gurls I knew 'pawn' their gold with me. Although nearly EVERY shop that sells gold will pawn 90% of the weight value, without question. At one time I had a small box crammed nearly full of gold jewelry. Each piece was labeled with the girls' name, the 'sponsor' who gave it to her, the weight, date, pawn value, etc. Once in a while they'd call me, say 'so-and-so' was coming back into town and could they 'borrow' their gold back for the evening, etc.

It was a fun time to say the least, but with the international financial crisis, and not qualifying for the US bail-out I've gotten out of the pawn/lending game with them as it was labor intensive and not all that much fun.

About all I do now is write/answer emails, make TLL, or other profiles, chat with potential 'sponsors' for them. etc. If a guy I chatted with is coming into town I print out a paper with the back story, i.e.; nationality, age, marital status, if they have children, what their work is, etc, so the gurl knows at least something about the guy she is to meet. So far it seems to work out for the gurls and guys.

Believe me living here in the middle of the nefarious nite life districts, I can type pretty good 'thai/engrish'. Not a single foreigner has yet discerned my chatting from that of a thai gurl; "U know I no work bar, I tell u befor, I stay my home, take care my famliy, why u tink I go work bar? I tink you have lady new. Why you no send money like befor, you no luv me now?"

I even had t-shirt made which says: "Remember; whores are people too"

My adage is; TRUST NO ONE (I am an equal opportunity distruster)

The O/P's story is humorous but FAR from an isolated event in this country.

Farang cheats a Thai girl and it's classic, priceless and worth a chuckle, it's let's all pat ourselves on the backs time, hip hip hooray !

Thai girl cheats a Farang they are devious lying vermin worthy only of Farang scorn.

Pitiful.

Sorting through some things before my trip back to the UK next week, I found the gold ring the last long term g/f threw at me when we broke up. It had been laid in a drawer since then. I decided I might as well weigh it in and get some small amount of cash back.

:o No chance of that. The little minx had taken her ring off her finger and thrown it at me but it was not the ring I had bought her. Not even gold plated!!! Must have cost her 50 Baht at the local market. Makes a change from a lady 'losing her mobile phone' :D

Makes me wonder how long she had been wearing this fake gold ring as I did not bother to look too closely.

Have you checked on your g/f / wifes gold lately???? :D

i consider your question an insult. you selected a bitch. but that does not necessarily mean everybody else was as stupid as you.

Lighten up guys! The OP was laughing at the whole thing. Look at his emoticons. This is not a serious get-upset post but one to give us all a chuckle. And other posters are laughing at both the Thai woman with the gold and the man with the diamond (in fact, with the diamond, we don't even know if either the man or his wife was farang, Thai, or whatever.) So I am not sure how you can take this as an insult, and I certainly don't know how you can construe this as an anti-Thai/pro-farang post or the responses "pitiful.".

Because it's the norm on TV

Edited by Misplaced

I certainly don't know how you can construe this as an anti-Thai/pro-farang pos[/color]t[/b][/u] or the responses "pitiful.".

Ain't that the truth.

Many of the posters here are so Anti Thai it makes me wonder how any of them can ever hope to have any future in Thailand.

There are just as many (if not more) posters here who are all too myopic, wearing their proverbial "rose-colored-glasses". They extol their 'we-b-thai' rhetoric, all the while wearing the obligatory color coordinated shirt and rubber bracelet. The endless drivel about how wonderful it is to live in Nakhon Nowhere, and running on about the lack of foreigner understanding of "thai culture" (an oxymoron if there ever was one) can be disheartening at times.

I for one find the extreme differences between the "thai-bashers" and the "we-b-thai" views refreshing. To have a forum which spouted either as a primary mantra would make for a dismal read indeed.

Perhaps the truth lies closer to the middle than either side realizes or is willing to admit.

P/S: It's NOT thailand I love or hate; it's your presence here that drives me up a wall. Please leave immediately.. ..

I for one find the extreme differences between the "thai-bashers" and the "we-b-thai" views refreshing.

So what are you bitching about then ? :D

I'll give you one thing Tod, you appear to have stopped using that awful ' Glorious Land o' Thai's ' in every post you make, it almost seemed you didn't like the fact that you are a Farng in somebody elses country.

You seemed very resentful.

And if you think for one minute that there are less Thai bashers than non Thai bashers on many of the threads here, you really ought to get your old eyes tested. :o

About all I do now is write/answer emails, make TLL, or other profiles, chat with potential 'sponsors' for them. etc. If a guy I chatted with is coming into town I print out a paper with the back story, i.e.; nationality, age, marital status, if they have children, what their work is, etc, so the gurl knows at least something about the guy she is to meet. So far it seems to work out for the gurls and guys.

Believe me living here in the middle of the nefarious nite life districts, I can type pretty good 'thai/engrish'. Not a single foreigner has yet discerned my chatting from that of a thai gurl; "U know I no work bar, I tell u befor, I stay my home, take care my famliy, why u tink I go work bar? I tink you have lady new. Why you no send money like befor, you no luv me now?"

Let me see if I understand this correctly. You let yourself be used by lowlife whores to cheat lowlife idiots, and you boast about it?

What do you get out of it, exactly?

I have a story for the boys,

I am a jeweller and a mate of the guy I was working for at the time was splitting up with his wife, a very nasty divorce, he bought in her engagement ring and had us swap the diamond for a cubic zirconia, I would have loved to have seen the look on her face 6 months later when she was standing in a pawn shop trying to sell it.

Classic...... :o:D:D

It was not the right thing to do so it was done on the quiet.

But yes we all had a large chuckle over it.

Farang cheats a Thai girl and it's classic, priceless and worth a chuckle, it's let's all pat ourselves on the backs time, hip hip hooray !

Thai girl cheats a Farang they are devious lying vermin worthy only of Farang scorn.

Pitiful.

Maigo this happened in Australia, she was not Thai nor was her Husband the were both Aussies, take a chill pill. :D

I'll give you one thing Tod, you appear to have stopped using that awful ' Glorious Land o' Thai's ' in every post you make, it almost seemed you didn't like the fact that you are a Farng in somebody elses country.

In fairness to him he does balance the use of this phrase with the regular employment of the expression: "piss-ant third world developing nation."

In fairness to him he does balance the use of this phrase with the regular employment of the expression: "piss-ant third world developing nation."

LOL....

Yep @ Asok, I forgot that little gem from Tod.

One wonders what his reasons are for staying in a place he holds such contempt for, funny really, cos I am happier in Thailand than he is, he assumes I'm a wanna be Thai or I wear rose tinted glasses, would my being as unhappy as he is make me more realistic ? :o

Doing away with the 'Glorious Land O' Thais' was a relief though..... :D

Pitiful.

Sorting through some things before my trip back to the UK next week, I found the gold ring the last long term g/f threw at me when we broke up. It had been laid in a drawer since then. I decided I might as well weigh it in and get some small amount of cash back.

:o No chance of that. The little minx had taken her ring off her finger and thrown it at me but it was not the ring I had bought her. Not even gold plated!!! Must have cost her 50 Baht at the local market. Makes a change from a lady 'losing her mobile phone' :D

Makes me wonder how long she had been wearing this fake gold ring as I did not bother to look too closely.

i consider your question an insult. you selected a bitch. but that does not necessarily mean everybody else was as stupid as you.

Lighten up guys! The OP was laughing at the whole thing. Look at his emoticons. This is not a serious get-upset post but one to give us all a chuckle. And other posters are laughing at both the Thai woman with the gold and the man with the diamond (in fact, with the diamond, we don't even know if either the man or his wife was farang, Thai, or whatever.) So I am not sure how you can take this as an insult, and I certainly don't know how you can construe this as an anti-Thai/pro-farang post or the responses "pitiful.".

Yes, it is a semi humourous post. Not so funny when I first discovered the ring had been swapped, but, as I have said, you have to admire her for it. Hence the emoticons used.

Thai bashing? I think we all do that to some degree at some point but that was not the intention of the post as many, including you, have noticed :D

Pitiful.

:D No chance of that. The little minx had taken her ring off her finger and thrown it at me but it was not the ring I had bought her. Not even gold plated!!! Must have cost her 50 Baht at the local market. Makes a change from a lady 'losing her mobile phone' :D

nothing to lighten up. he mentioned "your wives". too stupid to spell the plural of wife but insinuating that others are as stupid as him or have bitches as wives. using emoticons is no excuse. if that happened on planet Klingon i'd seek him out, cut off his balls and stuff them down his throat! :o

Pitiful.

:D No chance of that. The little minx had taken her ring off her finger and thrown it at me but it was not the ring I had bought her. Not even gold plated!!! Must have cost her 50 Baht at the local market. Makes a change from a lady 'losing her mobile phone' :D

Have you checked on your g/f / wifes gold lately???? :(

nothing to lighten up. he mentioned "your wives". too stupid to spell the plural of wife but insinuating that others are as stupid as him or have bitches as wives. using emoticons is no excuse. if that happened on planet Klingon i'd seek him out, cut off his balls and stuff them down his throat! :o

One wife. thanks, Klingon :D

No need for plural even in this land of plenty :D

Ooooh!!! You big, brave, roll of cling-film, what makes you think I still have my balls? How do you know I have not already met some big, butch, Thai Lady with a knife - that would eat you for a snack - before she castrated me??? :D

I have a story for the boys,

I am a jeweller and a mate of the guy I was working for at the time was splitting up with his wife, a very nasty divorce, he bought in her engagement ring and had us swap the diamond for a cubic zirconia, I would have loved to have seen the look on her face 6 months later when she was standing in a pawn shop trying to sell it.

Classic...... :o:D:D

It was not the right thing to do so it was done on the quiet.

But yes we all had a large chuckle over it.

Pitiful.

Maigo this happened in Australia, she was not Thai nor was her Husband the were both Aussies, take a chill pill. :D

If she was not Thai and "they were both Aussies" than this thread should be closed since it has no relation with Thailand...Right? After all this site is called "ThaiVisa"

If she was not Thai and "they were both Aussies" than this thread should be closed since it has no relation with Thailand...Right? After all this site is called "ThaiVisa"

Only to be replaced with yet another thread about how devious Thai women are, how bad Thai drivers are, how alcoholic Thai men are, how corrupt the Thai police are, how ThaiVisa members all married into wealthy Thai Chinese families, how Isaan produces so many bad people, how Farangs always get it right, how Thai people always get it wrong.................etc etc etc...

I certainly don't know how you can construe this as an anti-Thai/pro-farang pos[/color]t[/b][/u] or the responses "pitiful.".

Ain't that the truth.

Many of the posters here are so Anti Thai it makes me wonder how any of them can ever hope to have any future in Thailand.

Nobody said Thailand is perfect (including myself), but IMO, here's a couple reasons why many TV members are so angry with Thais:

1) was/is a sucker who got cheated out of their life savings by a working girl(s) and now feel the need to expeled garbage :o on this site to feel relief, and this site allowed him the opportunity to vindicate his stupidity

2) he was a nobody in Farangland, came to Thailand so he can be a "somebody" (to have face), but slowly finding out that he's no longer a novelty in Thailand; therefore, he's back to being a "nobody" .....AGAIN.

There are more reasons but I don't want to offend the Anti-Thai bashing crowd :D :D <<<(using emoticons to ease tension)

Edited by Misplaced