More Weird Language Facts

- The first word spoken on the moon was "okay."

- The name of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with

- The medical name for the part of the brain associated with teenage sulking is "superior temporal sulcus".

- Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobiacs is the term for people who fear the number 666.

- The "you are here" arrow on maps is called an ideo locator

- In English, "four" is the only digit that has the same number of letters as its value

- The only 15-letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.

- The longest non-medical word in the English language is FLOCCINAUCINIHILIPILIFICATION, which means "the act of estimating as worthless".

- Papaphobia is the fear of Popes

- The three words in the English language with the letters "uu" are: vacuum, residuum and continuum.

- Pogonophobia: The fear of beards

- The word "monosyllable" actually has five syllables in it

- There are no words in the English language that rhyme with silver and orange

- It is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46, the 46th word from the first word is shake and the 46th word from the last word is spear.

• 1 month later...

who cares?

b*llox - South America doesn't end in S, North America doesn't end with N

- It is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46, the 46th word from the first word is shake and the 46th word from the last word is spear.

"It is believed" - surest sign of something about to be stated as fact, which is in actual fact a complete load of b*llox...

who cares?

b*llox - South America doesn't end in S, North America doesn't end with N

"It is believed" - surest sign of something about to be stated as fact, which is in actual fact a complete load of b*llox...

One of the earliest members of TV has to dig up a 5 week old 'joke' from AltumAngel to poke fun at? Haven't you noticed her/him/its posting record?

Edited by eefoo

One of the earliest members of TV has to dig up a 5 week old 'joke' from AltumAngel to poke fun at? Haven't you noticed her/him/its posting record?

eefoo I am well aware of the innuendo surrounding the joke-bot's postings.

Did you perhaps stop to think that I just felt like a directionless reply on the content of that particular post, rather than it being aimed specifically at the bot??

The fact you decided to start your two-cents-worth reply with 'one of the earliest members of TV' should probably afford me a little more leeway than you have given.....I'm happily playing without annoying any other kids - suggest you do the same.

eefoo I am well aware of the innuendo surrounding the joke-bot's postings.

Did you perhaps stop to think that I just felt like a directionless reply on the content of that particular post, rather than it being aimed specifically at the bot??

The fact you decided to start your two-cents-worth reply with 'one of the earliest members of TV' should probably afford me a little more leeway than you have given.....I'm happily playing without annoying any other kids - suggest you do the same.

Hey SeaVBurma....Nice! Spoken like a true diplomat.