Legal Advice For Visa's

I plan is to buy a condo (5 to 7 million Baht) in Bangkok in about 1 to 1.5 years time and then want to spend initially 3 months at a time living in Bangkok and the rest of the year working in Europe as a freelance consultant. When I'm 50, in about 10 years, I then plan to semi-retire in Thailand, with occasional work back in Europe. I have a British Passport and Belgium residency. I am not married and don't intend to be either!!

What I am trying to find out is where I can go to get legal advice on the best options in terms of Visa's, whether or not it is worth setting up a Company in Thailand to channel some of my earnings through and the tax implications of this etc etc.

Does anybody have recommendations on reputable companies I can approach to give me advice?

I plan is to buy a condo (5 to 7 million Baht) in Bangkok in about 1 to 1.5 years time and then want to spend initially 3 months at a time living in Bangkok and the rest of the year working in Europe as a freelance consultant. When I'm 50, in about 10 years, I then plan to semi-retire in Thailand, with occasional work back in Europe. I have a British Passport and Belgium residency. I am not married and don't intend to be either!!

What I am trying to find out is where I can go to get legal advice on the best options in terms of Visa's, whether or not it is worth setting up a Company in Thailand to channel some of my earnings through and the tax implications of this etc etc.

Does anybody have recommendations on reputable companies I can approach to give me advice?

Post some specific questions in the business forum and you'll probably get a response from sunbelt or/and indo-siam. those guys know all the legal stuff you want to know.

Regards your visa situation at the present time if you are spending only 3 months a year in Thailand a simple single entry tourist visa will suffice this will afford you 60 days stay which can be extended in Thailand by 30 days. Cant see any problems with you purchasing a condo (in your own name) other than use a qualified legal expert for the paper work and also obtain the neccessary paperwork when you transfer the funds in to say they have come from a foreign source. When you hit 50 you will qualify for a long stay visa (subject to having 800k baht in the bank here or monthly equivilant income or combination thereof) this will give you 1 year at a time stay with the only requirement being that you report to immigration once every 90 days.........for trips back home you can obtain either a single or multiple re-entry permit. As suggested already the buisness forum might be a good place to address the tax side of things.

Regards  your  visa  situation  at  the  present  time  if  you  are  spending  only  3  months  a  year  in  Thailand  a  simple  single  entry  tourist  visa  will  suffice  this  will  afford  you  60  days  stay  which  can  be  extended  in  Thailand  by  30  days. Cant  see  any  problems  with  you  purchasing  a  condo  (in  your  own name)  other  than  use  a  qualified  legal  expert  for  the  paper  work  and  also  obtain  the  neccessary  paperwork  when  you  transfer  the  funds  in  to  say  they  have  come  from  a  foreign  source. When  you  hit  50  you  will  qualify  for  a  long  stay  visa  (subject  to  having  800k baht  in  the  bank  here  or  monthly  equivilant  income  or  combination  thereof)  this  will  give  you  1  year  at  a  time  stay  with  the  only  requirement  being  that  you  report  to  immigration  once  every  90  days.........for  trips  back  home  you  can  obtain  either  a  single  or  multiple  re-entry  permit. As  suggested  already  the  buisness  forum  might  be  a  good  place  to  address  the  tax  side  of  things.

Thaiflyer1,

Do you have more info on the requirement o report evry 90 days to immigration within a 1 year extention period for retirement ?

I will be living more than 300km away from the nearest immigration bureau. Is it possible to report to the local police or ...?

Thanks

Thaiflyer1,

Do you have more info on the requirement o report evry 90 days to immigration within a 1 year extention period for retirement ?

I will be living more than 300km away from the nearest immigration bureau. Is it possible to report to the local police or ...?

Thanks

No need to attend in person you can report by mail now.Also i believe you are allowed a 7 day plus or minus grace period.

We should point out that this is an address report not a check in at immigration type thing and is only required if/when you are inside Thailand for more than 90 consecutive days. So if you travel outside Thailand no report is due until 90 days after you return again (and if you travel every couple of months you may never have to make a report).

What I am trying to find out is where I can go to get legal advice on the best options in terms of Visa's,
The investment visa is best if you are looking to invest 3 million Baht in a new condo.
whether or not it is worth setting up a Company in Thailand to channel some of my earnings through and the tax implications of this etc etc.

You can own the condo in your name so no need to set up a company for that.

As for taxes, depends on your tax bracket and what you are paying in the UK.

www.sunbeltasia.com