Laptop Brand With Oficial Service In Chiang Mai

bagan68

¡Hello from Spain!

Some weeks ago( I am moving to Chiang Mai by the end of January), I requested in this forum your kind advise about buying a Laptop in Europe or in Thailand. Most of you told me that it was better to buy it in Europe. But now , as I receive a three year guarantee for the new laptop I will buy , I would like to know which is the best brand in order to have assistance in Chiang Mai in case of any problem. Does Fujitsu or Toshiba or Dell, etc have any representative dealer in Chiang Mai? If the answer is "no" , then ,If I have to repair the Lap Top is there any brand that is better known or easier to have technical assitance in Chiang Mai?

¡Thanks guys for your help!

¡Cheers!

My experience with comepaq or HP has only been positive. Dell has got a branch here in chiang mai now but I cant say anything about their service here in Thailand. I had a Dell in the states and never had a problem with service there.

My experience with comepaq or HP has only been positive. Dell has got a branch here in chiang mai now but I cant say anything about their service here in Thailand. I had a Dell in the states and never had a problem with service there.

Im not sure if this is relevant to you or not, but i think is worth mentioning just in case. I have a Sony laptop and I took it into IT City a while back to ask about getting the keyboard repaired ('L' key broken). They said that as my laptop was European, it would need to be sent away to Sony Europe. :D Something about the parts being different. However, a while ago I had the DVD drive replaced, but at computer repair shop in Icon Plaza, and they were able to replace the DVD with a different brand (MUCH cheaper), but said they would just send off for a Sony keyboard (but declined as too expensive).

The reason I mention this is because im not sure if parts can be easily replaced or not. Maybe someone can enlighten. If you want to use your guarantee on any faulty parts, maybe there will be a problem with European parts (???). Have no idea if there is some difference between parts depending on country even if the same make/model. ..am i making any sense here? :o Sorry, babbling a bit, just woke up and coffee hasnt kicked in..

In my opinion Hewlett Packard are hard to go past, I wouldn't touch Compaq, they are the low end of the HP products.

I have an HP Pavillion dv6700 and 2 months ago bought an HP Pavillion dv3700 for my daughter from the HP dealer at Pantip Plaza on Changklan Road. Full warranty on both units.

Question for Swain. Do you know where the Dell shop is here? And if yes, where. We just moved here and I have an Inspiron E1505. It is working just fine now but like all things as they age I am sure that will change. So, knowing a Dell place to take it would be very helpful.

keep away from Dell. they do not have a full fledge service center here. would probably take a long time before you get your laptop back in the even that its broken down. Safest bet would be HP, Compaq, Asus, Toshiba, Fujitsu, Acer. Personally though, I think the quality of HP products have gone downhill from the last few years. Acer has picked up and its affordable too.

I have a 6-year old Sony VAIO we use as a back-up PC and its HDD went TU this year. We located the Sony service center on Hang Dong Road (near the Toyota dealer) and they apparently will have no problems repairing it. It is in-shop now and the repair estimate was reasonable to me. We also needed a replacement laptop battery and these older parts are still available through their supply system. My VAIO was purchased in the USA direct from Sony USA but there is no problem getting it repaired here in LOS.

I also have a newer Panasonic Toughbook (CF-W2) and will probably need some maintenance done to it soon...my display has lost a few vertical lines on the far right border of the screen. Does anyone know if Panasonic has a service center here in CM? Thanks.

Hmmm Only have had negative experiences with Acer service centers here or in the states. I didnt mention this before because I wanted to emphasize the positive experiences I have had. Dell has a dealer in ICON Plaza but I really know NOTHING about their service here in Thailand so do your homework.

keep away from Dell. they do not have a full fledge service center here. would probably take a long time before you get your laptop back in the even that its broken down. Safest bet would be HP, Compaq, Asus, Toshiba, Fujitsu, Acer. Personally though, I think the quality of HP products have gone downhill from the last few years. Acer has picked up and its affordable too.