Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

The same has just happened to me on the last two trips out (went to Bira this morning) no sound but coolant coming out when engine off. Together with the fuel inj light, in fact if the temperature light wasnt on it was the injection light that was on. Arhhhh!

Going to look at the radiator cap when it cools down.

By the way these high winds we are having now are great for keeping everything cool - or so I thought hahaha.

Keep those good times rolling jap.gif

Ha! So I am not the only one. Well the good thing is, the Kawa dealer will replace your radiator cap for you free of charge, and all will be well again :)

Meanwhile, check the fluid levels and don't let her run out. The coolant refill is hidden behind the right side fairing, you have to take it off to get to it - just 2 screws but still - it's a little odd.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The same has just happened to me on the last two trips out (went to Bira this morning) no sound but coolant coming out when engine off. Together with the fuel inj light, in fact if the temperature light wasnt on it was the injection light that was on. Arhhhh!

Going to look at the radiator cap when it cools down.

By the way these high winds we are having now are great for keeping everything cool - or so I thought hahaha.

Keep those good times rolling jap.gif

Ha! So I am not the only one. Well the good thing is, the Kawa dealer will replace your radiator cap for you free of charge, and all will be well again :)

Meanwhile, check the fluid levels and don't let her run out. The coolant refill is hidden behind the right side fairing, you have to take it off to get to it - just 2 screws but still - it's a little odd.

Yeh, cheers Nickster. Waiting for her to cool down. Funny, when I checked the level through that small slit it was ok. We will see what the level is like when it cools down. How was your level after cooling?

Keep those good times rolling.

Yeh, cheers Nickster. Waiting for her to cool down. Funny, when I checked the level through that small slit it was ok. We will see what the level is like when it cools down. How was your level after cooling?

I am not an expert but I think what you have to do is: Stop the bike, and let it cool off. Once it's cool, turn on the engine again - then, any missing coolant in the radiator will be replenished with what's in the tank. Mine was emptying about every 2 hot stops. If nothing comes out of the overflow, you're fine. There wasn't a huge amount coming out....

Ok so i finally got through all 79 pages...lots of useful info so thanks guys!

there was some mentions of the Yoshi cans- Nicky or Mullum- would you be able to share your experiences with adding the bung in??>

I noticed on the pic that Bung posted that the bung was a fair way back on the pipe from the can compared to where it is at present on the stock and on the pics that Tony posted of his TB, is the placement of this bung highly important? or can it just be put anywhere before the can?

@ Bung- where in Australia did you get the IXIL can from? i got my Yoshi from the states for $330 aussie shipped, i thought that was a great price since Mullum says he paid 500 euro... if i cant work out the bung i might just get the IXIL. and sell the yoshi

Ive only done 350km on the bike- not sure if i should get the Kwackers to install the bung and can on my 1000 service....for i know they will charge me an arm and a leg, but once installed do i have to get the bike tuned anyway for optimum performance?

sorry lot of questions, just don't want to fuc_k this up- my first big new bike purchase.

Cheers guys

I don't know where you are based, but had my Yoshi can supplied and fitted by Kawasaki Big Bike in Pattaya, they took the forward end to another local shop and had a pocket welded in for the sensor, took about one hour and was quite well done, cost for this was 1,500 THB.

The position is roughly the same as original.

Original can weighs 6kg, this one is less than 1kg.

Mind you, the total cost for it was more than 10% of the cost of the bike............!!!!

post-72400-0-02130600-1288567320_thumb.j

Edited by Mattd

I don't know where you are based, but had my Yoshi can supplied and fitted by Kawasaki Big Bike in Pattaya, they took the forward end to another local shop and had a pocket welded in for the sensor, took about one hour and was quite well done, cost for this was 1,500 THB.

Mind you, the total cost for it was more than 10% of the cost of the bike............!!!!

Thanks Matt,

Im located in Australia... 10% for me would be a little too steep. almost better to buy i new can that already has a O2 sensor bung installed

would you be able to take a photo from the underside of the can showing the bung and its locations?

Cheers mate

Hi All,

I was just wondering. Now that the Versys is available in Thailand, does it mean that everybody now would like to trade in their ER6N/F for one?

Myself I own an ER6N/2010/green and because of comfort would consider to buy a Versys but might not do it because I believe the ER6N lookes better.

Curious to know you opinion.

Cheerio!

Hi,

Thanks for the info on above question.:rolleyes:

Myself I am considering upgrading the suspension on my ER6-N or buying a Versys. Suspension is the only thing I do not like on the ER6.

Does anybody know where to buy a Ohlins K906 suspension for a reasonable price in the Bangkok region?

Also, any recommendations on upgrading the front suspension?

Cheerio!

Nicky

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the stock can weighs quite a bit more than 6Kg...

Did you pay 1500 Baht just to get a bung welded on to your pipe? If so you've been ripped off. It should cost at most 300-400 Baht.

Ride On!

Tony

Ok so i finally got through all 79 pages...lots of useful info so thanks guys!

@ Bung- where in Australia did you get the IXIL can from? i got my Yoshi from the states for $330 aussie shipped, i thought that was a great price since Mullum says he paid 500 euro... if i cant work out the bung i might just get the IXIL. and sell the yoshi

Cheers guys

Google screamin demon, they are in perth. very happy with my IXIL pipe.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the stock can weighs quite a bit more than 6Kg...

Did you pay 1500 Baht just to get a bung welded on to your pipe? If so you've been ripped off. It should cost at most 300-400 Baht.

Ride On!

Tony

How's the Versys Tony??????????????????????????????

Ride On!

Tony

stock thai can is 6 kg, cat contains a lot of platinum coated steel at a very (for thai kawasaki parts) high price, 15k baht as I recall.

For those who want to shave off 4,5 kg and liven up the bike, TV member ScubaBuddha has some Arrows and LeoVincis for sale

Edited by katabeachbum

Der... due to a "miscommunication" with the folks over at Kwackerzaki I have seen, but not yet taken possession of my new Versys... :huh::blink::rolleyes::whistling:

110210MyVersysSSR.jpg

They tell me I can pick her up tomorrow... I'll certainly keep you posted!

Ride On!

Tony

Ride On!

Tony

stock thai can is 6 kg, cat contains a lot of platinum coated steel at a very (for thai kawasaki parts) high price, 15k baht as I recall.

For those who want to shave off 4,5 kg and liven up the bike, TV member ScubaBuddha has some Arrows and LeoVincis for sale

Feather light and hooligan loud TWO BROS in Aluminum and Carbon Fiber are available in the ThaiVisa classifieds for WAY less than Thai retail :)

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/motorcycles/two-bros-carbon-fiber-slip-on-exhaust-for-kawasaki-er6n-and-ninja-650r-67322.html

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/motorcycles/two-bros-aluminum-slip-on-exhaust-for-kawasaki-er6n-and-ninja-650r-28170.html

Ride On!

Tony

Der... due to a "miscommunication" with the folks over at Kwackerzaki I have seen, but not yet taken possession of my new Versys... :huh::blink::rolleyes::whistling:

110210MyVersysSSR.jpg

They tell me I can pick her up tomorrow... I'll certainly keep you posted!

Ride On!

Tony

I sat on one tonight and found it too high. bah.gif

Love the upside down forks, rear light shape and matt black tank. jap.gif

Was at Kawa Pattaya yesterday to have a look at the new Versys. I am sure it's a good tour bike (specially for the rough Thai roads) but I decided to keep my ER6-N.

Reasons:

She has been very good to me and I have always enjoyed her alot. In other words we have a good relationship. I don't want to leave her because there is another (improved) model available. ;)

Futhermore, instead I treated her on a new Ohlins rear suspension :lol::D. I am waiting for some Ohlins springs for the front and together with my Yoshi exhaust I believe the bike will be close to perfect (for me atleast) :jap:

---I heard at the Kawa dealer that they would start selling the Z1000 next year October. If it's true..... it would be something to seriously consider.

Was at Kawa Pattaya yesterday to have a look at the new Versys. I am sure it's a good tour bike (specially for the rough Thai roads) but I decided to keep my ER6-N.

Reasons:

She has been very good to me and I have always enjoyed her alot. In other words we have a good relationship. I don't want to leave her because there is another (improved) model available. ;)

Futhermore, instead I treated her on a new Ohlins rear suspension :lol::D. I am waiting for some Ohlins springs for the front and together with my Yoshi exhaust I believe the bike will be close to perfect (for me atleast) :jap:

---I heard at the Kawa dealer that they would start selling the Z1000 next year October. If it's true..... it would be something to seriously consider.

Wow! sounds great Nickymaster.

The Z1000 will be too expensive for me.sad.gif

The Zed could be something for Big Guns. Although I'd quite fancy the Z750, a bit worried that the Z1000 is a bit too much :o

Correct there Big Guns, do Kawasaki sell the Z750 ere?huh.gif

Sunday morning ride @ 9am - meet outside Kawasaki Pattaya Mitiyon. Myself and Big Guns will be heading towards Chachoengsao we think. dry.gif

All welcome for a steady ride to take in the sights. jap.gif

Keep those good times rolling in this lovely cool and windy weather we are having smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif