Golfers Houngout In Cm?

20yearsinthai

Hey

arriving in Cm sat afternoon for a 5 day visit.

id like to play some golf but going alone kinda sucks so does anyone know any golfers hangouts etc.. where i can meet some people to go play a round/

thanks

I don't know of any bonafide 'hangouts' for area golfers, but you can't go wrong by simply showing up in the morning (or early afternoon) at any area course and asking the greens fee office...or starter if there are any single players or small groups that you could join...most players don't mind an addition to their group.

A low-cost course that attracts lots of area golfers that are not otherwise affiliated with clubs is Hang Dong. It is a 9-hole course located south of the city and low-cost to boot. The course is a short one (5,000+ yards for 2 laps-18 holes) but can be a challenge due to water hazards. No. 8 is a fun par 3--a 125+-yard island green with an elevated tee location. If you want high-end golfing, then I recommend Chiang Mai Highlands, Mae Jo, Royal Chiang Mai and Summit Green Valley in roughly that order. Each of these courses is different in character but visually stunning...you won't be sorry. I know of a small group of ex-pat Brits that play on Tuesdays at CM Highlands...teeing off at 7 AM. They would be pleased to let you join them. Look for a friendly and elderly chap named Bob, but don't let his age fool you...he is a seasoned and expert player!

Regret that I will be leaving for a week in a distant province to visit my wife's folks...but would otherwise be interested in playing with you. I hope you enjoy your time up in Chiang Mai.

Hey

arriving in Cm sat afternoon for a 5 day visit.

id like to play some golf but going alone kinda sucks so does anyone know any golg=fers hangouts etc.. where i can meet some people to go play a round/

thanks

Good info by the previous poster. But if you do not want to start out at 7am. You can e-mail these guys and join with them

http://theroyalleague.com/