Custom Made Furniture Wanted

eggomaniac

Disclaimer, I met this guy when I was selling my wife's condo in Thailand, have kept in touch even though he bought a different place.

------

I don't know material costs and labor in Thailand, but it seems like he wants quite a bit for $1000?

-------

Just in case it is a good offer, here it is >>>..again, seems like a lot for B34,000, huh?

copy and paste his email..

>>>

I need this job completed by Jan 23.I need:Queen platform bed with 12 drawers - 6 equal on right side as you face wall (I am considering 3 larger, deeper drawers), 4 drawers (equal to right side if 6) on left side, 1 hanging file size (double files front to back) drawer on left wall side of bed. Backboard with padding at mattress level (padding to match 2 barstool high chairs) and cupboard with 2 shelves above backboard - discreet lighting under the cupboard. This will be tall bed.one high table (long and narrow) on wheels with two small drawers and the two chairs to fit. This table will act as a desk against a wall and a dinner table when rolled out. The two chairs will be padded with material to match backboard of bed. one armoir with 3 doors. single vertical slatted door on right side with hinges on right side will open to shelves on top and 3 or 4 drawers on bottom.Middle door will be mirrored with hinges on right. left door will be vertically slatted to match far right door (hinges on left). rod to hang clothes with 4 drawers (same width as doors ) on bottom.one kitchen cabinet, 3 glass doors with shelves inside, two small short shelves under cabinet located under right and left door, under center door should have under counter lighting and towel hooks and paper towel rod.Small corner bathroom vanity - irregular dimensions with mirror - double hinged.three simple shelves to match to be installed above refrigerator.I am getting drawings together to get estimate from someone else I know. I will need to fax them.Stain front wooden door to match furniture finish.

Target price is 1000 usd, best wood possible stained light oak color. Basically, looking for low price. I will pay 1/3 down on credit card.I will pay 1/3 after 1rst day of installation.final payment on completion and inspection. Get me a fax and I will send you drawings.

You need to take a look at one of several shops in the Baan Tawai area of Chiang Mai. They can make anything you want. The price for such an elaborate piece will certainly not be $1,000...but more like double that, especially if high-quality wood is used. You can get cheap plywood construction overlaid with veneer, but in the long run you'll be sorry. We have had alot of custom-made furniture ordered from craftsmen in Baan Tawai...and my Thai wife negotiated some excellent prices. The overall quality is far better than elsewhere and much, much less expensive than in Bangkok furniture outlets.