400,000 Baht

I'm on a multi entry o visa which ends in march next year. I have an option are to place 400,000 baht in a thai bank to enable to get me an extension of stay on a marriage visa.

All my money is in the UK and i'm thinking:-

1) do i transfer the money in january while expecting the pound to remain weak.

2) get another mutli entry o visa in KL as the thai baht may get weaker next year compared to the pound.

What would you do.............

Edited by Maestro
Fixed list numbers - Maestro

I'm on a multi entry o visa which ends in march next year. I have an option are to place 400,000 baht in a thai bank to enable to get me an extension of stay on a marriage visa.

All my money is in the UK and i'm thinking:-

1) do i transfer the money in january while expecting the pound to remain weak.

2) get another mutli entry o visa in KL as the thai baht may get weaker next year compared to the pound.

What would you do.............

Did you get married already, because if you didn't my only advice is RUN LIKE hel_l!!!!

May want to check on the Visa forum, but i think the 400,000 rule only applies if you were already using this rule prior to 2007? Otherwise you have to use the 40K per month rule....

Sorry Dave, but they (again) changed the rules. We ("married to a thai") are back to 400.000 bahts in Thailand, or proof on more than 40.000/month of personal income somewhere.

So the question is a "currency question" :o

Zoolander is from UK... and it seems that sterling pound is not going to be strong again soon.

Getting 1 year visa around Thailand seems also to be more and more difficult.

I would choose the first one, but I am french and depending on Euro........

Good luck Zoolander!

Sorry Dave, but they (again) changed the rules. We ("married to a thai") are back to 400.000 bahts in Thailand, or proof on more than 40.000/month of personal income somewhere.

Have you got a reference for that? When did it happen? Certainly slipped under my radar.

Have you got a reference for that? When did it happen? Certainly slipped under my radar.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Regulations-...ig-t227532.html

The rule is 400,000 Baht in the bank OR 40,000 Baht monthly income. And it has to be the Husbands money. 2.18(6)

• 2 weeks later...

The rule is 400,000 Baht in the bank OR 40,000 Baht monthly income. And it has to be the Husbands money. 2.18(6)

I was there today with my wife and this is exactly what I was told. Also, your bank account has to be in YOUR name. Secondary holder will not work.